Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, September 11

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, September 11

Post by suzette58 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:54 pm

Good morning everyone.
Please remember what happened on this day 19 years ago. I got the baby quilt done just have to sew the binding onto the back. But, first I am going to try and get some more sleep. My 4 legged alarm clocks woke me up again. I thought I turned them off last night. Ha-Ha. Today I am going to start cutting the wedding quilt. It is El’s version of Single Irish Chain. Well, I am off to go back to sleep. At least try. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, September 11

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:42 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,
Well the cleaning is done the wash is almost done and then its sew time.
Suzette I dont think this day will ever be erased from our minds I still remember where I was on that day and what I was doing.
Mary Q that is so sad to here about Sherry maybe she can try and call Quilt in a day and speak to someone to help her see it goes to show you they never should have fixed what wasn't broken.
Well that's all the news here Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
BECCA I HOPE YOUR GETTING BETTER.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:06 am

Good morning to all.
Today is a day that will always weigh heavy in my heart as many others have thru the years.
Please pray for the families who lost members of their families, also for the 1st responders who gave their lives to search and aid the wounded.

Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:11 am

Morning all
Yesterday it was a UTI. I caught it early. Tractor tire on order.
Spent Yesterday sleeping...today is grocery shopping.

Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:18 am

Good morning!
Yes, this is a day of remembrance,, of all who sacrificed for the aid of others, for our continuing freedoms and our country 's liberty. Those men and women, still, today, continue for us. Let us never forget.

It will be a quiet normal day here. The wildfire smoke from the West has settled back in. I will stitch the quilt on my LA and get it done and ready for binding. It is not a big quilt, so it should go fast, now it is marked.

I have some Christmas wrapping to catch up on, one or two gifts. Then, my gift tags arrived, so I can properly mark others I have done.

Nothing much else,

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:09 am

Good Morning,,It is cold sunny and bright here...I am late logging on...had one of those nights where the brain wouldnt shut off...when I did fall asleep I had bizzarre dreams...Like remodeling the house Ken and I owned 40+ years ago/ (I need to stop watching the HGTV shows.) then awake at 5...I got up checked phone for messages and sat there in the dark for awhile. He had a restless night too (maybe the mexican food) now we are sitting around on our laptops/// both feeling like relaxing today. we shall see...something always comes up/ Hope you are all doing well...I have Sherry's phone number,,,perhaps a call will encourage her to persue her account, Chrissy1 has the same issues with a new ipad...it wont let her in. Chrissy hasnt contacted QIAD but I know Sherry has,,,,im not sure why they cannot remove them completely and have them sign in as a new person..Im not very computer smart....but I miss my friends.
wwell I need to do a bit of housekeeping in the camper and then I will sew on the GFG about half done with the hexi flowers...hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:15 am

Good morning everyone, TIGF, I have one more night and then off for two.

Chriss great job on the Atkins, I am at a standstill. Can’t do my walks cuz I can’t breathe. Went out to store yesterday and forgot my rescue inhaler. Yeah, not smart! What is Marilyn doing in Yuba City, that is not all that far from here. I am making my DBIL a quilt. He saw a sample in the quilt shop in Las Vegas and decided he wanted one.

https://i.etsystatic.com/16514531/r/il/ ... 3_8w4p.jpg

So here I am, sewing away. I have lots of TP and paper towels too. Dad goes through so much paper stuff. The caregiver helps him in anyway she can. She is driving me nuts. She forgets I have to pay for this stuff.

Yesterday the man came and supposedly fixed my water purification system. Well he rebuilt the old whatever it is called and it still leaked. So he put a brand new one on. Sure enough, after a few hours of use, the new one started leaking. So after a nearly 90 minute service call and $450 dollars, I still don’t have a functioning system. UGH! DH placed a call to them but we have not heard back. He will call first thing when they open.

So sorry to hear about Sherry. Yes, I think I will send a little thinking of you card. I wonder why nobody is getting back to her?

I remember 19 yrs ago today watching things unfold on the TV thinking it looked like a movie. Could not believe what I was seeing. Something you cannot unsee. It just would not sink in. I also though remember the positive events that came out of it. So much Patriotism, the country pulled together like it had not in years. We were all just Americans, not black, not white, not Christian or Muslim. I am concerned for this country as it is today. So much Violence, so much negativity. Prayers that this country can once again pull itself out of the ashes and be the great place that it is.

Still smoke in the air today. 53* with projected high of 81. It has been staying down around 70* though as the sun can’t get through. Looks like fog outside.

I have some grocery shopping to do today, then some cutting on the quilt. My next open sew is Monday and I would like to have everything cut by then. He is coming for Thanksgiving and would like to give it to him then.

Well not much else happening. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:30 am

Good Morning Girls

Like all of you, I remember where I was on this day 19 years ago. I remember sitting in awe watching the news live on TV at my niece's in Colorado Springs. I was scheduled to fly home on that day. I will remember always that day and the days that followed when we were all Americans!

Suzette... Oh wouldn't that be nice if you could hit a switch on those 4 legged alarm clocks! What color are you doing Irish Chain?

Lois... It is a bummer that Sherry can't get back on line. I think she did try to call QIAD and got no answer or return phone call. I think she's at the "throw your hands in the air" point, being frustrated. There has to be a way to get her back, but I've tried everything I can think of.

Diane... Not only do I hope that we all never forget this day... but I hope that children born after 2001 will be taught this story! We probably all remember too the Kennedy assignation, and now it's so much a part of our history. I delivered Laura's blankies yesterday. They love them. The gal I brought them to thought they would be great for little snuggle blankies for the kids to be able to take home with them, and bring back when they visit.

Flo.... Oh darn, another UTI! You know the drill... cranberry juice and lots of water!

Jana... My Goddaughter lives in Redding, CA... she sent her mom a little video of the fire around there. I know those firefighters are working so hard to get them all under control. An extra prayer for your Daniel today.

Judi... Don't you hate that when the brain doesn't shut off... and to top it off... weird dreams! My Dex shows up in my dreams sometimes.. or should I say NIGHTMARES! I too, am bummed that Sherry can't get back online.. I even tried creating a new login for her from here, but when I use her e-mail address, it won't let me add a new screen name. Am tempted to try it using one of my extra e-mail addresses!

Valerie.... That's quite a quilt! You are brave to tackle one like that! :D I too wish we could go back to those days when we were all together! Now we are all afraid of each other and kindness to everyone seems like a thing of the past.

Yesterday after I delivered quilts to the hospice home, I delivered some masks to a No. Minneapolis YMCA for their kid program! So fun to see them happily accepting them. After that, since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped at Kevin and Sara's and went to look at a new house with them. They have outgrown their 2 bedroom house. It's a cute little house and would be perfect for me... we've kidded about just trading houses. Houses are going so fast and even smaller houses are expensive. I'm hoping they find something soon. So many are having multiple offers at more than asking price.

Today I'm meeting a gal to deliver a couple quilts for Cancer patients at the U of Mn. After that I really need to go get groceries... then come home and CLEAN. Oh my goodness, what a mess this place is. Monday they are coming to measure my counter tops for real and then they get installed on the 24th... Need to get the counters all cleaned off. Should probably pull out the fridge and stove and clean behind too. :lol: :lol:

Coffee is cold, time for a refill then hit the shower.

Wishing you all Fabulous Friday!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:13 am

Thought a few of you might enjoy The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show. It is virtual and free.https://quiltshow.com/

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 am

MaryQ - the solid is a cream color. The print is some rusty red, a dull pink and some greens and browns. It doesn’t sound good but it is pretty.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”