Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday August 2nd

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Sunday August 2nd

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:39 am

Happy Sunday, hoping you are all well.

Spent most of the last two days out at the Delta. DD here with baby and family. Dad is exhausted so staying home today. We will accomplish the basics, feeding, meds, elevate legs and leave the rest for another day.
Judy glad to hear DH is feeling better. You are right, everyone says "Covid!" when most of the time it isn't.
Becca so happy the twins had a good time. We had quite the crop of peaches this year and if I ever see another one it will be too soon. Tomatoes are producing but plants wanting to die. I think DH may be over watering. I cut a lot of the dead stuff off today. He is leaving for Las Vegas on Tuesday so will drought them a bit and see if that helps.
Maryz thoughts with you as you progress through this next journey. Happy to hear the funeral went well. I am sure your talk was perfect.
Flo be careful there!
Dianne some coffee for you [_])
Jana do they have some sort of rules there for that really hot weather so the officers don't get heat stroke? I can't imagine being out on hiway 80 in that kind of weather. Especially with all the gear they have to carry on them.
Kathy many of our places in in Cali are closed. The shop in Petaluma is open Wed and Fri from 11 -4. 3 shoppers allowed at a time for 1 hour and you must have an appt. Need to see about getting on the list. I was wondering though about how things would work this year with all the closures.
Chriss good to see you. I did not know you could freeze tomatoes. I actually thought of it yesterday as I was chopping to make pico de gallo.
Maryq patiently waiting for details ;)
Have some Oregano in the oven drying. I prefer to hang it but really don't have anywhere do that right now. Cut the plant down to almost nothing. It should grow back. If not, there is a nursery right down the road! They have more! The basil is just not working this year. I have bought about 4 plants and none has done good. Cut it back yesterday too so will see if it comes back better. We have pulled the zucchini plants and they were not doing much either. We don't have enough bees this year. Planted two watermelon, we will see if they do better.
Not making much progress on Christmas blocks but going to try again today.
Nothing else much going on. Still trying to get through things in the house and dispose of what I don't need or use. Hoping to be left with not much other than my fabric and my dolls.
Contractor (or whatever he is called) is coming tomorrow to measure my kitchen for remodel. It is small so hoping to come in under $10,000. Just going to do cabinets, counters, sink and maybe put in a dishwasher. The floor is pretty new (within 5 yrs) and my range and refrigerator are fine. Would like to put in corner cabinets on the wall where the window is. We will see what happens.
Happy sewing!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

rosebud3

Re: Sunday August 2nd

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:31 am

Hi everyone, it's break time. I'm still working in the yard. I almost have all the weeds graded up. That I should be able to finish today. Does anyone remember the movie "God's Little Acre"? Lol, that's kind of what my yard looks like right now. I will need to relevel my ground once I get the weeds raked out. Further updates will come with each new process.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”