Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

wednesday July 8th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

wednesday July 8th

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:05 am

Good morning from camp it is 72, we arrived and set up, very hot last night till about 7pm when it cooled down a bit and we sat outside and chatted till about 930. It was so nice to be able to sit outside. Just got into bed when a rousing thunderstorm came in and it rained for a good hour, a very welcome rain to the area, I texted my son and we had rain at home too.
Today we will have company for supper and we are doing burgers potatoe salad and cucumber salad, plus all the fixings,,,a 3 layer pie for dessert (thank you maryz for the recipe) I added fresh fruit to the top. we are looking forward to the visit, these are our camping buddies who live near the resort we are staying at,
well I am taking my coffee outside so I think i should get dressed first...have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Re: wednesday July 8th

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 am

Good morning!

Wonderfully cool morning, 57! Just right after our hot days.

Michael's test went well and quickly. Didn't seem to have any rotten effects after. Now just waiting for the findings. Hopefully the last test for awhile. Will now try to get back to a routine of something like a normal!

My laundry is caught up. So are the dishes. When the grands come over, every glass I own gets used. They haven't come to understand they can use the same glass for a drink of water more than once!

Not much new here. Aaron and the troopers helped save a man from a suicide attempt yesterday. Very sad to see how many times this has happened recently. But glad Aaron was there to help.

No Lila, Ethan, Gracie or Baden stories. But just wait, they are all camping together. They will come up with something!

Sewing is something normal, so I will head to the Batt Cave.

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:39 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here
Judi Enjoy your guests & relaxing time

JanaGlad Aaron was able to help the victim

Sherry I am with you on the soap box Sad to see our Country torn apart

I got my laundry done too but oh those uglies are still hanging around I’ll get to them Did get hair cut & shots are tomorrow
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:09 am

Good morning from the Oregon Coast. Our forecast is for 63* and cloudy today. I think summer has forgotten the PNW. We had a good 4-hr trip down here and got set up by 1:30 and enjoyed the beach and our campsite in between the rain showers. We even cooked and ate outside under our dripping awning. Mr. Foxtrot's name was MUD yesterday - he began his (and my!) day with a hairball on the quilt at 4:15am. He ended the day by jumping onto the shelf Bill built in the trailer for my plants and bringing the shelf, the plants, and himself crashing down. Then at bedtime he curled up next to my pillow and snuggled. So I've decided to still love him.

My brother worsens daily. He doesn't have many days left. Hospital will allow one person a day to sit with him, so there's really no reason for us to rush home. His family is large and I'm not about to take an entire day away from them. I had a good visit with him last week.

I think I'll set up my sewing machine and do a little sewing today. Always soothing to me. The new Quilt I"m working on is called "Starlit Night Skies". Navy back ground with large red stars and small cream ones marching diagonally across the quilt. In McCall's most recent issue. Can't wait to start it.

We just saw on FB that Carole lost her sweet Luke yesterday. I know how much she loved that dog. Hugs to her. :cry:

SHERRY - I think we're going to have to get a bigger soapbox to hold us all! Thanks for speaking my thoughts!

JUDI - happy camping! Glad you finally got some cooling rain. Told you, I was happy to share!!

JANA - Aaron just earned another ruby in his celestial crown yesterday! Hope Michael's test came out A-OK.

BECCA - doesn't it feel good to finally get your hair cut? You always say "shots" (plural). How many do you have to have each appt?

Not sure what we'll be doing today. Friends from Olympia joined us in the campground last night though their site is a long walk or a short ride from ours. And he is working every day from the trailer so not sure how much time we'll be spending together. Tillamook is 20 miles south of us so one day we're going to take a run down there and hit the cheese factory, quilt museum, and fabric shop.

Have a blessing-filled day!
mary z

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:07 am

Good Cloudy Morning...................rain later!

Been so dead here, I'm going crazy. I was happy to go to knitting group, I stopped by the plant nursery to look over the end of the year 'left overs'. I got some veg's melons, pumpkins, & the dreaded zucchini for free...they do look half dead. I got a fun flower called Chocolate Daisy. Hope to make it to my sister's today or tomorrow & give her some of the veg's.
I need more things to keep my mind occupied. I'm thinking too too much about the state of our country & our health. I'm waiting for some grown up to stand up & speak. I just heard Rep Omar say everything has to be dismantled that's unfair. She wants to dismantle the country. Also all people need a house! I agree it would be wonderful if everyone had a home.....but how? Who pays for them all? Enough of that.
I hope the corrected pattern for my 'You Are My sunshine' kit arrives today.

Judi.........hope your having a wonderful time camping. Have a great dinner.....keep dry.

Jana........good to hear Michael's test went well. What a blessing Aaron & his coworkers were there to hel that man.

Becca......I'll think of you while I do my uglies today. .. Doesn't it feel wonderful to get a hair cut after a long wait?

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:30 am

Good beautiful day to All!

Kathy, I remember something my DH told his Mom, years ago. If you're worrying, you're not praying, and if you're praying you don't have time to worry. Yesterday a lady reminded me of something. She said, "I believe our names are written on the book of life, when we are born and when we die. It's not in my hands." I'm glad she reminded me of that!

Camping ladies, enjoy!

I have a few hand sewing projects I will take on the road. Don't plan to shop or look around much in Indiana while they work on the Coach.

MaryZ, prayers for your brother and his family.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Here I am... up showered and dressed! Had a nice rain shower come through this morning, but we are on our way to 90* something! UGH.. and it will be nice and muggy! You know where I will be! downstairs!

Judi... Would you like one more dinner!? I'd sure join you for burgers on the grill and potato salad... and best of all CAKE???

Jana.... You know what you need for those kids... glasses with their names on them... line them up on the counter! Doesn't one of your kids have a cutter machine that can cut out vinyl to attach to a glass? I'd say paper cups... but that's such a waste too, I hate using too many disposable cups.. only use when I have to!

Becca..... Glad you were able to get a haircut!!! I've ignoring the uglies today as I have some masks to finish up.. Good thing I'm not having company or I'd have to spend the day cleaning!

Maryz.... My prayers for Albert today... May God be gentle with him and grant him a peaceful passing with family near.

Kathy... I am embarrassed to say Rep Omar is from Minnesota.. I just don't know how she got elected and why she isn't charge with all the laws/rules she's broken. But I better not go there.....

Lyn.... I love that saying... I might have to put that on fridge or something I see all the time to remind me!

Okay... time for more coffee. Headed down to finish up some masks I started yesterday. I think I have about 100 now for the school district so I'm going to take a break from that and get back to finishing a couple quilt projects.. Have the sashing cut for my UGRR blocks and would LOVE to get that put together.. Not sure when I'll get down to Viv's to quilt it... they have some busy days ahead of them as they are getting Viv's MIL's house ready to put on the market.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:52 am

I'm so sorry to hear Carole lost her dog Luke. They bring such joy to our lives, and it's so hard to say goodbye.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”