Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday July 7th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday July 7th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 am

Good morning Getting ready to head for the camping trip. Ready to go. Ken will be home from work and we will leave. I so look forward to some relax time. We will still be in the 90s here all week, we got about a 5 seond rain yesterday, looked promising but didnt produce much. I have 4 green peppers on the plants one is almost ready to pick..Tomatoes are growing too..I will fertilize them before I go.
I also have 4 baby wrens in my flowerpot on the porch, I might lose the plant since i cannot water it, when they were still eggs i did water Momma bird flew into the trees and I took the plant down to water around the nest,,,but now that t heir are babies in there im afraid to disturb them..they are very noisy too...but If I losr the plant I do...oh well. It is a pretty bird .
well I need some coffee and get the rst of my stuff together, I cleaned out a closet and the camper and I have a bunch of towels that can go to the animal shelter..I will run them up there today. (I never go in...afraid i would come home with 10 new friends) Have a wonderful day and the rest of the week. XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

billizzy

Re: Tuesday July 7th

Post by billizzy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 am

Good morning 😃

Me and lil man and dd headed out to pick up yummy cake then we will be back to go swimming. Another hot day heat index in 100 again today.

Well, life has Changed here I have relinquished care of my mom. Short story she refused all medical care and became verbally abusive, her true nature, all my life, and exploded Friday. She is now home and no I don’t know anything else. I had to walk away because for 52 years I have taken her abuse and mentally as well as physically she was wearing me down and it was affecting my life. So I have walked away completely from the situation. So that’s my final post on that stormy chapter in my life.

I have a man at church making me two wood boxes for my antique machines. I can’t wait to have them so I can display them. I’m taking him the machines today😍

Hope to hit sewing room today. Got the tshirt quilt loaded and my thread came in so time to quilt her.🧵🧵

Well gotta go feed critters. Hugs🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:04 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here We are getting rain showers every day Things here are lush & green
Judi Enjoyvyour trip Hope you can relax

Izzy I’m sorry to hear about your experience but not surprised Such a shame she doesn’t see the jewel she has & how blessed she is Hope you can have peace & move on Your plate is full & running over
Know your machines will be beautiful

I am getting a hair cut this morning Sure don’t enjoy them like I used to DHs bloodwork was perfect so he gets to go 6 was this time Yippee
Have a great day everyone Praying for Albert Maryz sDB & healing for our Country
GA Governor called in National Guard
Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 am

Good morning,

JUDI - we're both packed and ready to go! Our weather in Tillamook will be 66* and partly cloudy all four days we'll be there. Not bothering to pack shorts! Would love to trade you some of our cool for about 10* of your warm! Love your baby bird story. We've had nesting birds in decorative outdoor wreaths, in the pin box of our fifth-wheel, and once while at our RV Rally in Oregon, a pair of birds decided they wanted to build a nest on top of our slide. Well, that would never work! So a few times a day, Bill would sweep away their hard work. Daddy bird was flying fast as he could with little sticks and twigs and mama bird, fat as a softball, perched on a nearby post, fussing at him - "Hurry! Hurry!" - she seemed to be saying, getting more and more frantic every day. This in a huge campground surrounded by a fence with a birdhouse on top of every fencepost! lol! Have a good time! Stay cool!

IZZY - I'm so sorry your mom's saga has come to this, but for what it's worth, I'm with you in your decision to step away. A person reaps what they sow in life. You have been a huge blessing to your mom and put up with so much more than anyone should have to. So God bless YOU! (I do hope, though, that you kept her car keys . . . )

VAL - Sorry to hear you lost two friends - and that a young boy is left fatherless. Have you tried a professional carpet cleaning company for that oil stain in your RV rug? They may have a product that will take care of the problem. A lot cheaper than a new carpet. If you do go with new rugs, you might consider shellacking the floorboards underneath before putting the new carpet down.

MARY Q - yes, Bill did finally find his keys after driving all over town asking at Costco, Freddy's, and UPS. I suggested he look where he had been mowing with the tractor that day. And there they were!! Good thing because he priced a new key and it was going to be $200! I love my UGRR blocks! Everyone used such pretty fabrics. Can't wait to put this one together! But not for a while. Got a couple other projects in the fire right now. I bet Eli is ready to have that cast OFF!

JANA - happy birthday to Aaron! What is Michael getting scanned for?

BECCA- thank you for prayers for Al. I'm happy to hear that CA's bloodwork all came back good!

Albert was moved to ICU yesterday. Besides kidney cancer/failure, CHF, and COPD, now he also has pneumonia, sepsis, and "unexplained bleeding". It's looking pretty bleak. :cry: But since we can't see him, and we'll only be a few hours from home, we've decided to stay with our camping plans for now.

In Vicki news, we called Health Dept, garbage division, and they are sending an officer out to inspect Vicki's collection of trash. They said if it's bad, they will order her to clean it up and they say then the rats will leave. But if she doesn't let them in, they can't inspect . . . They did say they would let us know what comes of their visit.

Wishing us all a day filled with good things!

mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:26 am

Good morning!

Another hot day here in paradise. Not much going on here today. Will leave in a few minutes to get the CT scan over and done with. I am the designated hospital parking lot sitter. Hope I find a shady spot! Then home!

It will be quiet as all the kids are leaving to go camping together. Kate got Aaron's BD cake made and we crumb coated it and she will add the final coat up at camp tonight. It is a checkerboard cake - chocolate and vanilla. Thank you for his BD wishes. He is my youngest and turned 33 today.

Last night, Matt and boys mowed the lawns. They made very quick work, Matt on the tractor, and the other two boys, following his cut, just staggered over with the other 2 lawnmowers. Made a large swath and the boys treated it like a parade! They were hilarious! Andrew weed whacked at the same time. Looks wonderful! Then Baden found the little dump trailer we have for the tractor and pulled it up to play with. Baden is 4 and asked Grandpa for a ride with the tractor pulling him in the wagon. So Grandpa took him and the two bigger boys up the side yard, around the front yard, and back down the other side yard, several times. Lots of giggling and whooping!

Well, time I need to get dressed and go,

Stay Safe!

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:27 am

Happy Tuesday! List of things to do today. Caregiver is here so free to get stuff done. Going to dry cleaner, drop stuff at church second hand store, grocery shopping and not sure what else. Oh think I have a load of laundry to start as soon as Dad wakes up.

We have gotten some tomatoes, I see a green pepper about half way there, have had some strawberries but they are not getting big, not sure why. Lots of zucchini. 3 sereno peppers and 3 jalapeno's on the plant. May pick the big one soon.

Izzy I am so sorry you are going through this. Dad gives me trouble but nothing like you are going through. Wonder if APS (adult protective services) could be of any help to her. Maybe they can find a caregiver agency for her. Sometimes you just have to walk away.

Becca we had the NG here in Vallejo for almost a week. It was kinda weird to see the military on the corners but it did calm things down.

Mary so sorry to hear about Albert. Prayers heading your way.

Not too much else new here. Got my 30 min of cleaning done already. Found a bunch of old pictures, many went in the trash as I don't know who they are. Those I knew I will hold onto. Two more bags for the church.

Best get the day started.

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:35 am

Good morning all! Just staying in today because the temperature is supposed to be almost 100 degrees. Thank God for A/C. Will do some reading, sewing, and a little cleaning. I think I may re-watch Hamilton again. I wasn't all that impressed with it because of the rap type music. I heard on the TV this morning that there is a petition out there for Disney to take it off it's channel because Hamilton, Jefferson, Washington and the other characters were slave holders. This getting rid of stuff because of our history 200 years ago has just gone too far. Between tearing down statues, canceling police shows, and anything that just a couple of people think is racist has just gone too far. Soon the only thing on TV will be a blank screen. There is a lot on TV that I don't care for but don't want it cancelled.

Sorry for the above. Will get off my "high horse" now.

Judi - Hope you have a good and safe camping trip. I missed knowing where you are going. I do know how you love camping though. I too have a bird's nest and it is up in the corner of my porch. Don't know how many babies are there though.

Izzy - So sorry about your mom but there is only so much you can do and you have done more than enough. You have done more than your share. May-be she will appreciate you. One can only hope. What kind of yummy cake are you getting?

Becca - Enjoy your haircut. I know how happy I was when I could get out and get mine done.

Maryz - Hope you also enjoy your camping trip. I am not a camper. When I go on vacation I want them to make my bed and cook my food. LOL Hope the problem with Vicki and her rats comes to a good conclusion. It is definitely a health hazard. Hard to believe her family can't get her some help and away from you.

Well, time to go get breakfast and do something. Hope everyone has a safe and good day. Stay cool.

Sherry

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 am

Good morning all
Today is another hot one. got to 95 yesterday and very humid.We done more mulching this morning.
I picked green beans Sunday for my x's neighbor I can wait on mine . She is on a tight budget and had ham available so she gets hers first. I will be picking mine in morning. Got one cucumber too. The zuccini are just now blooming . I need to pull onions. Tomatoes are blooming and have some green ones.
Yesterday called into Pizza hut and ordered a box dinner. One med. sized pizza with 5 each bread and cinnamon sticks. Picked up at drive through. I had a gift card from Christmas. All that food was $11 plus tax.
Really good. LOl
Valerie Be careful out there . I know we all have some type of chores to do and places to go. I need to clean house. But really want to get gardens done.
Izzy so sorry your mother is such a handful. But you are absolutely right to walk away.
Maryz I hate it when I loose my keys. My x always laughs Maybe thats why he is my x.lol.
Judi I too have had two birds build nest in my hanging baskets. I did just what you did water the plant while eggs. The first babies are gone. New one just eggs. I worry she is going to get too hot.
Sorry to cut this short but Boo needs to go out.
You all have a great sewing day and stay safe
Katy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:03 am

Izzy, you did the right thing. Enjoy the cake.

MaryZ, Happy camping. Prayers for DB.
I know you asked me some questions a few days ago, but I lost track of time and the post. So, I will guess you wanted to know what I'm doing. I have redesigned a face mask and made several. Took a couple to my Chiropractor yesterday and he liked them better than the first one I gave him. We leave for Indiana/ Newmar appt on Thursday, with stops to see DD2 and DSIL in KS. We've decided that we won't go to Canada, even if they open the border July 21st. We've talked to some Canada friends and I think closing will be extended. So, we'll come back to this messy house and maybe I can get it cleaned and organized.

Sherry, move over so I can get on the soap box with you.

Valerie, I need more details, a 35' what? Motorhome, 5th or ?

Judi, hope your camping is relaxing.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy day.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:50 am

Good Morning Girls

Yes Indeed... Happy Tuesday! There for about a minute I thought it was going to be a cooler day... Nope... not so.. a little tiny rain this morning has made it MUGGY! So you know where I will today... downstairs where it's nice and cool!

Judi..... Wishing a great trip!

Izzy.... You are in my thoughts and prayers... such a tough situation you've been in. I had a therapist tell me once... you know why they tell you to put YOUR oxygen mask on first on an airplane? Because you have to take care of yourself before you can help anybody else. So now you have YOUR oxygen mask on... taking care of yourself!

Becca... Yippee! A new hair cut! You will feel like a new woman! At least I did when I was finally able to get mine cut!

Maryz.... Oh good grief... Bill's keys were in the yard the whole time! You might need to get a chain that hooks to a belt loop! LOL. Hope you have wonderful weather for your trip. Eli probably has another 4-6 weeks of the cast.. tho he is handling pretty well. Last night Jen facetimed me from her back yard... there was young moose about 10 feet from her back door. Mama Moose wasn't too far behind so they had to be very careful! Lots of Prayers for Albert today....

Jana... I can just picture your boys mowing the lawn!! And a ride in the cart! I gave my lawn mower away, but still have the cart... who knows why. My neighbor might want it!

Valerie... Isn't it fun to go out and check the garden and see things coming along. Now I wish I would have planted one pepper plant to make my salsa once the tomatoes ripen up! I go out and count tomatoes every day... I now about 20! No cukes yet, but lots of flowers on the vine.

Sherry.... Don't you just wonder sometimes what the world is coming too! I watch too much stuff on Facebook and it gets me rattled... so I have to quit. I join you on your high horse!

Katy... Do you eat the zuchini kind of as it is? Or do you save it for cake with cream cheese frosting---which is the only way I'd eat it! :lol:

Lyn..... No trip to Canada this summer... what a bummer. I've been trying figure out how to get my Canadian kids down here, they could come down, but wouldn't be able to get back. I finally found a favorite mask pattern too... check out SWEETREDPOPPY.COM she has a couple great patterns.. I'm now sewing for the school district. I have probably 100 done so far... going to take a break soon tho. Need to finish up a UFO or two!

OH gosh.. here it is 11:00 and all I've done is tidy up kitchen.... time to hit the sewing room.. Will check out my garden on the way down... But first MORE COFFEE!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Return to “Sew ins”