Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, July 6th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Monday, July 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:22 am

Good morning,

VAL,welcome home! What kind of RV do you have? We recarpeted our old one (27' fifth wheel) a few years before we sold it. Be prepared for sticker shock. It took two people 2 days because of all the small cuts and going around all the little corners.

JANA - clever you to put the bounce back in your Tigger! That is one of the cutest toys ever made! Even makes ticklish Elmo giggle! :lol:

BECCA - happy day after the big party! A phone party - no better way to celebrate a birthday in these times!

SHERRY - glad you had a nice Fourth with your family!

Yesterday Bill and I spent over 2 hours looking for his lost truck & mailbox keys. He thinks maybe he left them at the UPS store and is waiting for them to open this morning. In other news, I did laundry, washed a set of new sheets, and some fabric. I decided to do a Valor quilt for one of Autumn's library volunteers so I spent some time pulling fabrics, washing it, and got 80% of the cutting done. I found I had 7 yds of 100" wide Navy blue. Score! The pattern is in the latest issue of McCall's magazine. I also got some sewing done on my Dizzy Daizies quilt from BLOCK. Both projects are going into the trailer for sewing on our 5-day camping trip. Coastal weather can be 'iffy' so we may be spending many hours inside.

Today we'll finish packing the rest of the trailer and we'll be off in the morning. MY brother, Albert, was taken back to the hospital yesterday - a closer hospital this time - low BP and too much blood in his urine. But since we still can't visit, we'll go camping as planned but will only be a few hours away if needed.

God bless!
mary z

Becca

Re: Monday, July 6th

Post by Becca » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:29 am

Good morning Maryz & all others sunny day here
Yesterday was a day of phone calls & FaceTimes
It was a good day We are headed out for His bloodwork this morning
Sherry So glad your sons are both close so you can be together

Maryz Praying for Albert for comfort and peace Have fun on your trip

Maryq Hope your trip with Vi was fun
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:04 am

Good sunny hot morning!

The windows are still open for a few more minutes, then it will be too hot to leave them open. Not many fireworks last night in the neighborhood and they even stopped before the curfew hour. No fires either!

We had dinner at Matt's last night and Kate and the little girls will be here this morning to bake Aaron a BD cake. Matt and family, Sarah and Ethan are going camping together tomorrow and Kate and Aaron and family will go up for the afternoon and dinner. We are staying home. It will be a busy day with Michael's CT scan for us in the morning. And then waiting for Michael not to glow in the dark from the drugs! LOL!

Just fussing around here and maybe some sewing.

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:01 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday! Hot again... but I heard we might get some rain... which would be wonderful! I may have to go for a quick run around in it... if we DO get it!

Not much news from here... the weekend went by way too fast and here it is Monday again already! Saturday I went up to my oldest DB's for dinner. He made some home made pastrami from venison.. and while I don't care for venison at ALL... this was really good!!! I brought my famous tuna salad (without peas) . Good to see a couple of my siblings... it's been since March. On the way home it was dark so I could see fireworks all the way home. Only about a 40 minute drive.

Maryz... Oh OH. Hope Bill finds his keys!!! Sorry to hear Albert is back at the hospital... such a bummer that you can't peek in and see him. Seven yards of wide backing in my favorite COLOR!!! Love the dizzy daisy pattern... I think I've made a couple of that pattern! Have fun on your trip and will cross my fingers for good weather.

Becca.... Isn't Facetime great.... not as good as the real thing.... My Eli facetimes me once in a while during the day while he is at day care.. he has an old phone Jen set him up with. Yesterday he told his Mom he missed Nana... so he had to face time me. I sent him a package of fun stuff to play with .... he's still in a big cast on his arm.

Jana.... Happy Birthday to Aaron!

Chriss... in case you stop by... my sincere apology for forgetting to post HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! Hope you had a great day!

Judi.... How's the new stove! I bet if it weren't so hot you'd be baking bread in it!

Every body must be sleeping in this morning.... or already busy busy busy! Not sure what the plan for the day is here.... doesn't matter, because even IF I have a plan... I get distracted and the plan goes to you-know-where. I do have some masks to sew. I have my UGRR blocks laid out and I might sash and put together today.. I'd love to have the top done so I can take it down to Viv's to quilt. Not sure when that will be though. Just want to make sure that all my swappers have ALL their blocks and that I didn't mess up and miss one! Please let me know if you are missing a block!

Time for more coffee and since I've had my shower I need to go blow dry my hair.. tidy up the kitchen then head down to the sewing room.

Keep cool every one!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:16 am

Good morning! Hope all is well with everyone.

Mary we have a 35 foot 1996 (?) RV. It is nice for just the two of us. Someone dropped what looks like oil of some sort and we have never been able to get it up. It will appear to be gone, but in time comes back. I am thinking sticker shock yes as everything with RV's is. So sorry to hear about your Brother.

Still a lot of fireworks in my neighborhood but I think not so many fires. Just heard a bunch of sirens so not sure where they are going. Maybe come August it will all stop?

Sticking with my 30 minutes of sorting and tossing so far. Going to check under the dresser and bed today and see what I might find. Not getting the sewing done though. Caregiver comes back tomorrow so that will help. Hoping to get to some field orientation real soon. Need to get back to full time hours. I will send the girl an email today. All 16 classes are done! Wow, Some are quite easy but others a couple hours long.

Have lost 2 friends in the past week. A fellow quilter at church succumbed to her cancer and a wonderful fellow scouter to his liver disease. He left behind a young 4 yr old son. They both fought for a long time. Will miss them both.

Not too much else going on here. Should get my 30 min in before Dad gets up. Off to cleaning land!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am

Well I thought I posted this morning but it looks like I got busy and didnt. I was up early did the morning routine. headed out to the grocery store. Startrd loading food and stuff into the camper...we will leave when Ken gets hom from work tomorrow...It is blankety blank hot here 90s every day and no rain...the camper is struggling to get cool. Im ok with a little heat tbut this is ridiculous. if we cant get the camper cooled down we may not extend our stay. Right now it is just cool enough not to sweat. I have most of the food out there and just need to start on the freezer stuff...and of course our clothes...For only a few days I just fill a tote with the stuff i need and set it in the closet,,,I live out of it dont bother with the drawers I do put the bathroom stuff in there...
My new stove in working very well I have a meatloaf cooking right now.. parseled new potatoes,and green beans going next...Cold meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow for lunch...If you are cool there send some of it here,,,we are cooking,,,literally...Have a great day, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”