Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:20 am

Good morning,,Independence day..We are headed to my sisters for a family picnic. I will see my brother and sisters. Those that come. Lots of neices and nephews too. I need to get my baked beans in the oven this morning, YES I HAVE AN OVEN. Almost hate to use it it is all shiniy and new. Ken has asked for buiscits and gravy this morning so I guess i will do that too. Hope you are doing something to celebrate and staying safe...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Post by Becca » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:00 am

Happy 4th to everyone May our Country be healed is my prayer
Judi So happy your stove is in place Enjoy your family Our DS is coming DHs Birthday is tomorrow so we celebrate today

I got 2 gallons of strawberries done yesterday And got errands done
Today will be slower I have mumbo dance going
Have a great day everyone. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 am

Happy Independence Day!!

JUDI - enjoy messing up your new oven today!! And have a super time at your family picnic.

BECCA - happy birthday to your son as well as our country. I'm praying for national peace, too.

KATHY - glad to hear your new drain worked fine! Hoe your weather is nicer today.

Yesterday we got all our shopping done. I had everything wiped down and put away be 10:30. We worked in the yard, relocated our firepit, cleaned out flowerbeds, pruned some things back. Everything looks so much nicer now. We have two couples coming over this evening for campfire, pizza, and it's just possible there will be a glass or two of wine passed around. Lots of crackers and boomers going on in the neighborhood but they don't seem to bother my 'boys'.

Wishing you all a joyous Fourth of July!!

mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:55 am

Good morning Everyone,

We are in the midst of doing uglies then of course wash is in and after all this is done I will go in my sewing room .
Nothing else new here.
Judi enjoy your day so happy for you that you got your brand new stove.
Becca a very happy birthday to your Dh enjoy your company.
Mary Z enjoy your day with friends.

Well everyone stay safe and have a great day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:20 am

Good morning!

Happy 4th of July! I am proud to have one of my great grandfathers, stand up for what he believed in, when he signed the Declaration of Independence. He and his brother lived and settled the area of Hartford Connecticut. Their names are Thomas Hart and John Hart.

Not too many aerial fireworks last night, but tonight will be different. We will watch from the back deck for awhile. It is quite windy and hot here this morning.

Oh my little Lila! Has she got a pitching arm! Lila was playing with a hairbrush and then decided to throw it at Gracie. Nailed Gracie right in the eye! Gracie is now sporting a huge black eye! Gracie is doing better now. Gracie was a happy camper at Grandma's yesterday, her new paper dolls arrived. She played happily with them.

So I will sew in the Batt Cave today. Need something to work on for next Tuesday. Michael is having a CAT scan and I will need to wait for him. In the car again. This time, he will glow in the dark! LOL!

Stay Safe! Mask Up!

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:28 am

Good Sunny Morning.............

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR COUNTRY!!!

I checked & no rain today!! We needed it & could use more. I've no plans for today....that's no big surprise! Plenty to do here. Like a shopping list for tomorrow......need produce/dairy.

Not much else here...

Judi.......so happy the new stove is finally in & working. Have a great day.

Becca.........Happy Birthday to your DH! What are you doing with all your berries?

Maryz...........you had a packed day yesterday. I hope you rest & enjoy today...all day. Enjoy! I was so surprised I didn't hear any fire works last night. I guess no one wanted to make the drive to NH to buy them.

Lois..........have a productive sew day.

Love & Prayers to all & Healing for our Country............Kathy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 am

Well, I typed my message and poof! It's gone!
So I will try again.... Happy 4th!
Glad you got your new stove, Judi, enjoy.
Wow, Lots of strawberries. Bit, that brings back lots of memories for me. Back in the day, we always had a patch. Lots if work, but we'll worth it!
We finally made the trip to our son's yesterday and brought our boat home. We didn't stay very long. They were very respectful to us with this Covid-19. Air hugs, and respectful distance. Boy, I sure wish this whole virus thing could be over and we could all feel safe again.
Be safe, everyone and enjoy the holiday.
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:27 am

Happy Fourth of July!

Started job on Wed, just working on orientation process. 4 more classes out of 16 to do. Should be ready for field training by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Picked up some fabric in Las Vegas for a pattern I had, and bought fabric and pattern for another project. Going to attempt to spend 30 or so minutes each day going through the house (starting in my BR!) It's time to clear things out! Also want to devote at least 30 min each day to sewing. Now if I can just stick with it!

Not too much else new. Dad did do his exercises for me yesterday. We left a few out but he doesn't cooperate with anyone else. I just don't give him the choice. NO asking are you ready, nope just say it is time! It is bath day today. He told me yesterday he shouldn't have to take a bath as it's 4th of July! Really, that's odd, oh the life of Dementia! Gotta have a sense of humor.

Guess I will go start my first 30 min of the day. Hope everyone has a safe holiday. Prayers for this country's healing and please no fires.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:30 am

Happy 4th everyone

Went to chiro yesterday and grocery stores. Aldi was packed Krogers not. I picked up stuff for today and replacement products. Ones I used up last month. I found sugar at aldi for $1.45 for a bag. I got 2 more bags I have hummingbirds everywhere. So far 6 cups a day . Starting another feeder today only because maybe will not have to fill feeders so often lol
I worked in garden this morning before got hot. I will be picking green beans tomorrow or Monday.
I finished my MUUMUU and looking for fabric in closet for another one.
Baby Fluffy had to go to vet Thursday. But he will be fine.
The zuccini plants are doing good And I got one cucumber so far. No tomatoes ripe yet. Dang. Onions will have to be pulled next week. Have people waiting on those and green beans.lol
Judi so glad you got your new stove. I hate waiting on things.
Becca I want some of those strawberries I am so Jealous . I used to have a large patch but when I went to work the weeds took over . I just buy them now and not as good. Lucky girl you have them.
Maryz Glad your having company I still do not have people over. You have a great time.
Lori I too have to do uglies. Really getting bad since gardens have to be cleaned. We got 5.5 inches of rain which made the darn weeds grow.
Well I am going to wash fabric to work on blocks for mouse quilt. It should have been done months ago.
I need more coffee

You all have a great sewing day And stay safe
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:48 am

HAPPY 4th OF JULY TO YOU ALL!

Another HOT muggy day here.... not sure when this heat wave will break, and I'm dreading seeing my electric bill from running the AC full time... but I'll gladly pay it just to be COOL!

Judi.... YEAH for the new oven! It is a shame to have to use it and dirty it up. Did you get the kind with the smooth cook top? Never had one like that... or you cook with gas, maybe they don't make them that way. I'm an electric gal! LOL

Becca... As I was sitting on my deck with my coffee this morning.... I was thinking the same thing... May God Bless America and bring her back together with love and kindness for all!

Maryz... My goodness you were busy yesterday.. If it weren't so dang hot here, I'd probably spend a lot more time playing in my little garden. Enjoy your evening with friends!

Lois... UGH Uglies... I was up at 0600 yesterday to be ready for the window washers coming at 8.... while they did the outside... I cleaned up inside... so today I can PLAY!

Jana.... How cool to be related to a signer of the Declaration! My Dad always swore that George Washington was NOT the first president of the US.. that a man names John Hanson was! Not sure if he had a way to prove it or not... but he liked that it was a HANSON! LOL

Kathy.... You can't buy fireworks in MA? In MN you can get some stuff but for the big stuff you have to drive over to Wisconsin... some folks do. I just like sparklers and sometimes have them for the kids.

Velda... Man I sure hear you about this virus mess... though I have a sneaky feeling it will be a while... I miss hugs! Are you getting that boat all ready to take it out fishing?

Valerie... Well, so far how do you like the new job? Is this closer to home now? I kind of agree with your Dad... who wants to take a bath on a holiday! :lol:

Katy... Isn't it fun to watch the stuff in the garden grow? I haven't checked my little box this morning, but it's so fun to see little tomatoes pop out over night. and the cucumber have a ton of flowers on them. I had to rig up some string on poles to get the to not spread through the tomatoes!
Can't wait to taste the first ripe tomato!!!

Kind of a quiet day around here. Kevin and family are at the in-laws cabin on a lake. I was invited but there's a LOT of people of people and I do try to avoid LARGE groups. Instead I'm going up to my oldest brothers for supper.. only he and wife and one other DB and SIL will be there... I need to bring my "no peas tuna salad", with an extra batch with NO eggs for oldest DB. Don't have to leave here until 3pm or so, so I'll go play in the sewing room for a little bit.

With that... I'm off for more coffee!

Wishing you all a happy and safe Fourth!

Return to “Sew ins”