Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday July 3,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday July 3,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:33 am

Good morning and Happy Birthday to Chris's and Eleanor.
Today it's very muggy out there I have a few errands to run then it's back home to the air conditioning.
I hope you all have a great day
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Friday July 3,2020

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:25 am

Good morning Lois and happy Birthday to Chriss and Eleanor. Hope your day is awesome/ I am SUPPOSED to get a new stove sometime this morning they called 4 times yesterday to tell me it would be here between 8 and noon. Old stove is still in place...Im not trusting them.
Went out last night with Ken for the best frozen custard on the planet...period. We only get there about twice a year. it is a diet buster for sure..they have been in business since 1947 and Ken has been going there since they opened with his family and now with me...we have taken out grandkids there too. So delicious. (He took me there on one of our first dates over 54 years ago)
I will probably stay in today after a couple of errands,,it is going into the 90s. and will be like this the whole next week ( a hot cmping trip for sure)
Today just walking the dog..and staying in the ac, have a great day, XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:58 am

Happy Birthday Chris & Elenor
Good morning everyone sunny here
Judi Sure hope that stove gets delivered

Lois Hope the errands go quick Stay safe

I have errands to Got yard mowed Floors done & dust bunnies out Last night some neighbor down the Mtns was shotting firecrackers I’m not a fan of them
Hope everyone has a wonderful day & enjoy our Country’s Birthday tomorrow
Prayers for those in need Becca

Izzy My thoughts & prayers are with you I wish she would be more cooperative for you & DH Hugs

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:23 am

Good morning,

CHRISS & ELEANOR - Happy happy birthday to you both!!! I hope today is a special day and full of nothing but butterflies and unicorns and sparklers and wishes come true - and lots of fun fabrics, too, of course!

JUDI - I have never had frozen custard before. Frozen yogurt, but never custard. It sounds yummy! Hope the stove arrives today. And I'd let the delivery guys remove it since you already did it once.

LOIS - Happy errands!

IZZY - sorry Mom is such a bugger. I guess I was off camping when you decided to buy a trailer and bring her home to you instead of going to a facility for rehab. Will they come to the house to do PT with her?

KATHY - when we see white fuffy clouds drifting on a background of blue sky, we call them Simpson clouds.

BECCA - someone in our neighborhood was shooting off booming firecrackers last night, too. I may be an old Scrooge, but I wish they would be banned.

MARY Q - when are you going to go visit Viv? We haven't been in anyone else's home since New Years Day, though we've been in our friends' yard a couple of times. We're going to have to learn how to be sociable all over again! And yes, my hair is SHORT! I'm going to have to learn how to style short hair all over again, too! lol!

JANA - your poor horse neighbors! I hope they got their drinks! Smart of them to know how to announce their wish for "another round for the pasture"!

I think I've finally decided on my next project - the quilt for the 15 yr old girl that Autumn mentors in Texas. It's called Tulip Fields and is in the 2020 Vol 7, ISS 3, of BLOCK. It even shows the quilt in the colors I'd use. And I have plenty of fabric - not in precuts, but in yardage. Now I'm anxious to start cutting fabric, but I really want to get some yard work done today for our July 4th campfire tomorrow. Plus, we need to get some groceries for tomorrow and for camping. Going to be a busy day!

Enjoy the day! It only comes around once a year!

Mary Z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:40 am

Good morning!

Well, the fireworks started here too, last night. It is legal from now until the 5th. And they have a curfew of 11 p.m. With dark here around 9:30, it doesn't give them much time, thank goodness! I am in the restricted zone, meaning I can't, but down the block, the others can. Just wish everyone was restricted! We are too close to undeveloped land. Open fields. My sprinklers will be running, overtime, just in case a stray spark. Seems, you can't fix stupid, or quarantine it either!

Not much here. Another nice, warming up to hot day in paradise. I will sew in the Batt Cave. My termite will probably be down sometime as well.

Happy Birthday Chris's and El! Enjoy all the fun coming your way, this special day!

Stay Safe! Mask up!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:15 am

Chriss, hope you enjoy a fabulous birthday.
What kind of cake will you be having?
Lori 8-)

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:52 am

Good morning all! Not going to Elkhart to my son's this weekend. My new car has a slight problem with the 4 wheel drive and they can't get it in until next Thursday. They said should be able to drive to Indiana, but I am not taking any chances. Rob and Sadie are coming here for today through Sunday. Will be having both sons and their families here for a cook out tomorrow. We are having rib eye steaks, cheesy potatoes that the boys wanted and watermelon. About had a heart attack when went to meat shop to get the rib eyes. They are $18.95/lb. Good thing this is a special dinner.

Happy Birthday Chriss and Eleanor!!

Well, better get going. I have got Rob's bed all made and so Smoke knows they are coming so is laying on the bed waiting. She and Sadie can play some in the yard but not a whole lot since going to be 95 degrees here this weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. I do hope the protestors all stay home and don't ruin the weekend.

Sherry

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:56 am

Good Sunny Morning..........thunder storms later!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! Chriss & El. Hope your days are wonderful.

OMG.....I had a late thunder storm yesterday that was like a mini hurricane. When I heard the thunder coming I ran to fill the tub with water but I didn't loose power. Also the new drain in the basement worked just fine..
Nothing much planed for today. I have some new jeans that need hemming & tapering been putting it off for a a month. Then I need to piece some batting together for my table topper.
I have no plans for the weekend maybe a trip to the food store for some chopped meat for a burger. I saw they had mini watermelons on sale. Sounds yummy to me.

Lois.........sounds like home is the place for you to be today. Enjoy your cool day.

Judi........hoping today is you magic stove day! What are you planing to cook first? What a wonderful memory of you & Ken & frozen custard. I love those stories. Keep cool.

Becca........looks like you have a full day planed. I'm surprised I'v not heard 1 firecracker so far. Some one usually starts early.

Maryz..........Will, my blue sky has disappeared in the last few minutes. It's funny how three things can fill up your whole day. Good luck.

Jana.........sorry you have so many people near you with fireworks. your sprinkler sounds like smart Idea.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:45 am

To both the Birthday Girls today! CHRISS AND ELEANOR!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:52 pm

Good beautiful evening.

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I even heard from Jules. it was a great day.

Dad bbq'd, I made a fruit salad and deviled eggs. My son and daughter in law were there. It was a great evening.

Hope you all have a safe 4th. stay healthy
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”