Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 1st

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wednesday July 1st

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:37 am

Happy july everyone, time is flying by. Today nothing is planned...I will see what the weather is like and may do some yard work...if the weather is too hot i will work on the snowman quilt...about half done quilting it,, so it is just me and the dog...hanging out....not sure whats for supper ( we wont go there) hope you are all having fun and staying safe. Things are looking ok here. More people are moving about, and wearing masks...we are a lot more relaxed but stay away from bars and clubs...and places folks seem to think are immune to the disease. Lots of silly people out there, hope you are staying safe, Coffee for me now XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday July 1st

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:43 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

Judi I here you about the people that think they are untouchable down the NJ shore they had crowds at bars and no mask on and they were elbow to elbow and this thursday we were supposed to go to indoor dinning and the governor shut it down it's not happening oh well.
Today I did a load of wash and I have to make a run to the drugstore to pickup a script then I will come back also want to go to dollar tree then I will sew.
Well that's all the news here I hope everyone has a great day time to hit the shower.
Prayers go out to all
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:19 am

Good morning everyone sunny here
Judi yesterday I saw a few without masks but most everyone wears them in grocery store every one wears them

Lois I got all my running completed it was my last day to get car inspected That was my dreaded task but it went well and I was in & out fast

Chris I’m glad you are still getting to work from Home Yeah new neighbors Think you will enjoy knowing East other

It’s been a busy couple days so today may slow down a tad I know the yard needs mowing before weekend Have to work around the showers
Have a great day everyone Stsy well & prayers for. all in need
Izzy Thinking of you & prayers for you
Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:40 am

Good morning to all.
Is there a cure for "STUPID" ?? 100 people from out of state came down with the virus, I guess being at big house party without masks could be the problem. Since Memorial day opening the hotels and such people think the virus went POOF over night. We saw pixs in the paper of people down at the broadwalk packed with so few wearing masks. Myrtle beach has a virus problem like every beach tourist area--so if you don't do the right things--please stay home. How hard is it to consider the danger of getting families sick when you return home??
Diane

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 am

Good morning!
Judi, I'm so sorry you have to wait till Friday for your stove. Working in snowmen when the weather is hot sounds cool 😉
Lois, I see some places packed and no masks, makes me wonder if they think about their parents and grandparents.....I need to do laundry and yardwork today.
Becca, glad you got your errands and emissions check all complete.
Today will be the first time in a couple of weeks that we don't have grandchildren here, they moved in I think LOL Jazmyne actually does want to live with us, probably because I let her just be a kid.
We've been in the 90's lately, you'd think it would be a huge improvement but it's really felt the same as those over 100 days, maybe 10° isn't very noticeable 🤷‍♀️
I'm still making masks, the grands need them if school does open back up and DD and DDIL both need them because they're teachers and my aunt in Virginia asked me for a couple yesterday. Plus I'm trying to decide on my block for the Christmas swap, I've got it narrowed down to 5 or 6 😂🤣 the swap is open to signups if any of you are interested.
I'm hoping we're don't have wind today but that's probably an empty hope..... maybe that's why we've felt hotter, that hot wind blowing!
Oh Jana, love your "be the Lone Ranger and mask up" perfect!
You all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:19 am

Good morning!

It was the Lone Ranger and his faithful sidekick yesterday in Costco. We got that "ugly" accomplished! This sidekick doesn't want to do that again, for a long time! Not fun, like it used to be. One happy note, I wore my patriotic jacket yesterday. I bought it about 20 years ago, and shortly there after, it became too small. No fault of it's own. But I saved it in my closet, hoping that I would shrink again, so it would fit. I did shrink and it fits! Lots of fun compliments on that jacket. It looks like a flag, red stripes and blue with stars.

I needed some new non-stick frying pans and just my luck, a cooking show reviewed them. Ordered the winning brand last night from Amazon. I think my new way of shopping, no mask required! It also keeps my Stuart in a job! The new pans will be here Sunday. The old ones will be shipped off to Acme Landfill right after that. LOL!

Today is a bit of straightening and sewing. Still a tad bit chilly, but we will get warm.

Stay Safe!

Hugs, the Masked Marauder,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:23 am

Good morning,

JUDI - So sorry about your stove! Frustrating! You do have your trailer stove for back-up if necessary. Several years ago when we were re-doing the kitchen floor our stove was in the dining room so we just plugged it in there and I cooked right next to the table. :lol: Your snowman quilt will be a nice cooling project if it gets hot.

LOIS - Hope you can slip in and out of the stores quickly today and come home healthy!

JANA - this virus has taken the fun out of a lot of things. Costco was considered a date in our house. Not any more. I bet your jacket is pretty. And congrats on shrinking enough to wear it again! I have a sweater that looks like the flag, but usually it's too warm to wear for the Fourth.

DIANE - Most folks here are masked. It seems to be younger people who aren't. One man about 20 yrs old was interviewed on the news said he wasn't wearing a mask because he wasn't worried about getting infected. I think they are mistaking the purpose of the mask - so OTHER FOLKS aren't infected by THEM! It makes me angry. Thinking of only themselves. Are you packed for your trip?

BECCA - when you finish with your yard, ours could use a quick mow, too . . . just sayin'...

TINA - I'm seeing boxes of masks for sale at Costco now. So maybe the need to make them will be decreasing soon as they become more available. But they are becoming a fashion statement. Mine is cats (of course), and Bill's is wine-themed. I made a lot of Seahawks masks, flowers, college, and book-y masks as well. It's fun to make them when you know the person's likes.

LYN - sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! I hope it was a happy one! Are you getting some quality time in your sewing room since you are home this summer?

CHRISS - happy birthday eve eve to you and Eleanor!

MARY Q - Sounds like you've had a fun few days! Nice to be friends with your kids' in-laws.

My brother was moved late yesterday to a rehab facility where he will remain for PT to get stronger. He lost so much muscle tone in the hospital that he can't even walk 6 feet right now without assist. He is close to the dialysis center so he'll be able to see a family member at least 3 times a week. We are hoping he can go home one day, though then the commute to dialysis would be about 60 miles each way.

I want to play with my Christmas swap blocks today but my main plan is yard work this afternoon. We have two other couples coming for a campfire party on July 4th so I need to spiff up the patio/firepit part of the yard. We're just going to order pizzas to eat around the fire, trying to make the food as single-serving as possible without any community dishes.

Happy Hump Day!

mary z

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 am

Good Cloudy Morning...........

I'm still in the rain, no rain, rain, no rain phase. The weather system is spinning counter clock wise so I'm in real cool tempts....68* right now.
Today's plan is a few uglies, off to have my taxes done, bank, pick up a few more flowers & home to put the sewing room back together. Sew!
I'd like a little sun so I can sit on the porch. There was no knitting yesterday, miss the ladies & chit-chat.

Love & Prayers.............Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:17 am

Good Morning Girls

Another Hot and Sticky one here! I don't know if there's much point in curling my hair this morning.. in 5 minutes it will be straight as a board again! But I do have to go to town so I should at least look "presentable"

Judy..... Oh Oh... doesn't like it's good news at your house... Sorry to see that your stove is delayed and you had to put the old one back temporarily... I can imagine you were fit to be tied!

Lois... What are you sewing these days! How about if we twist your arm to join the Christmas block swap!!

Becca... Since I've been "out of it" for a few days... did your DS and DIL get a few things done around your place? With not much rain here I've been able to skip a week of my young kid mowing for me. But it's really going to need it by Monday when he comes back.

Diane... Unfortunately they haven't come up with a vaccine for STUPID yet! Boy but if they did.... I can list a few people I'd like to give it to!!! When Viv was here ... we went out for dinner, but sat on the Patio... and it was nice to eat out, but you could tell restaurants have all new rules. No Ketchup bottles on tables or salt/pepper. You get that separately!

Tina.... Still making masks here too... Though my facebook group requests have quieted down quite a bit... now I'm on to make for the school district. I get bored sewing them, so I take a break and do something else for a while... like christmas blocks and any one of a number of other UFO's I'm working on.

Jana.... Isn't it find something in the back of the closet that now FITS! I'm always so happy when I can zip a pair of pants from last summer and they still fit! :lol:

Maryz.... Yup, Viv and I always have a good time when we are together! I think we learn a lot from each other... for example.... I didn't realize that you use poly thread for quilting! All this time I've been quilting my things with cotton thread! Glad to hear Albert was able to move... will make it some what easier for dialysis...how long do you suppose he will the at Rehab? Does he have family close by when he gets to go home?

Kathy.... Some days I look at my sewing room and think I really need to clean it up... but then the machine is right there... and I get so distracted!! and it never gets completely clean.! Tomorrow is garbage day so TODAY I must clean up!

Guess I better get going... running into to town to mail UGRR swap blocks this morning... and a quick run into hardware store to get something to hold up my cucumber plants. I have about 20 tomatoes out there already and I'm just so tickled! Can't wait until one ripens up because I'm going to eat the first one!... like an apple! :lol: :lol:

If you need me after noon... I'll be in the sewing room... tidying up.. then making masks!

Y'all have a GREAT day

Return to “Sew ins”