Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 27

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Saturday June 27

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:45 am

Imagehttps://i.postimg.cc/CKyrqp3y/IMG-20200 ... 105761.jpg
Morning
Got my block Lotto winnings from years ago on hoop...now the fun part begins. I love hand Quilting.
Have a great day
Flo

Becca

Re: Saturday June 27

Post by Becca » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 am

Good morning everyone still dark here
Flo Hand quilting is slow going but I love doing it Hope DHs trip goes smooth

I have laundry going We had strong winds yesterday A few limbs came down so I’ll remove them We are still cool which I love
Hope everyone has a great day I pray our Country will be healed Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:32 am

Good morning.
Flo- I haven"t done much hand quilting. I used to crochet alot of blankets for the kids when they were small. I have the hoops for it but never really used them. Good luck and I'm sure it will be beautiful as your work usually is.

Becca- we didn't get wind and I wish we did. It was so still -hot and muggy yesterday. YUCKY! might be a better word for it.

We had to add a second week to our visit to LI. There is the 14 day stay at home rule for NY. Frontier is allowing any one to change travel dates because of this with no charge. I'm sure all the carriers will be doing this. Either way--I'll have to suffer through it and stay with my kids for another week. LOL. LOL. Should be a lot of fun and laughs holding them all. Can't wait. Its been since Christmas when we were together. Wishes DO come true.

Friend is going to give hubby and I haircuts for our trip. Wish she could cut the extra pounds I have gained since Feb.

Have a great day.
Diane

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:35 am

Good Day Everyone!
I'm going down the Mtn to watch DGD ride. Westernaires has started up. Then Kaylyn and I will have lunch and birthday shop for her. We weren't able to do it in March.
Flo, enjoy your new project.
Becca, hope no limbs hit your house.
Diane, another week with Gkids...I bet you'll suffer thru and have fun.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 am

Good morning Everyone,

Flo your quilt is pretty is that for someone special?
Good luck to your husband will say some prayers for a safe trip.

Becca we are not getting the wind only the rain have a great day

Lynn have fun with the kids.

Diane have a wonderful trip dont squeeze the stuffings out of them too much lol.

Today I have the house to myself for a while Bill,Billy and our brother inlaw Richie went fishing for a while they thought that they would get part of the day in we are suppose to get rain every day but monday.
So I just have to change the wash over and then I can sew.

Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:27 am

Good morning,

LYN, great to 'see' you! What kind of riding does Kaylyn do? How old is she now? Our friends' DGD does vaulting and trick riding from horseback and when we don't have pandemics happening, she does a lot of competition. What projects are keeping your busy since you are at home this summer? Got your sewing room all set up to your liking?

DIANE - glad things are working out for you! Do you stay with the kids on LI or at a hotel? Will be fun to stock up an extra week's worth of hugs.

LOIS - enjoy your Lois day!! What are you working on?

BECCA - I hope those limbs did no damage! But nice to be cooler. We will be in 60's today with a light rain off and on.

FLO - enjoy your new project. I hand quilted a queen quilt once. I rolled it onto my grandmother's old-fashioned wooden 10 foot frame. It took me about 6 months to finish, sometimes putting in 8-hr days at the frame. I will probably never do that again!

IZZY - Your lil man will grow up to be an adventurer for sure! My 45-yr-old son did that to me once when he was 2. I finally started calling the dog when I noticed she was gone, too. And she came bounding out of the woods and led me right to him - standing next to a big pond. I still shake, just like you, when I think of it. You may want to give some simple hook & eye locks some thought. High up on the door where he can't reach. I don't think this is a job for baby gates.

CHRISS - did you ever decide what quilt to make for your parents? Is your mom recovered yet from her back surgery? Do they still travel? And how is Jerry doing since his last seizure? It's your weekend! It's time to play!

CINDY, how is Don doing?

JUDI - Did the kids go back home? What's on your agenda for today?

MARY Q - If you SAVED $156, I'm wondering what you bought. I'm snoopy. And if your lawn turns brown, no mowing! And it will come back next year. :D I know the need for masks is going up but so is commercial availability. I even saw boxes of them for sale at Costco last week.

TINA - yay! The Christmas swap is up and running! Ideas have been running through my head and I've already started a sample block. Hope to have it finished today and see what you think. It will be so nice to have something festive to work on!

Yesterday I turned my kitchen into a jam factory - 3 batches of raspberry, 2 batches of strawberry, 1 batch of raspberry/strawberry, and 1 batch of hot pepper. Today will be 1 batch of apricot/pineapple and then I'll be done. Until blackberries come on the end of July. Boy, is my kitchen sticky! I didn't make any jam at all last year. Much of this will be to give away or for Christmas gifts.

Besides Christmas swap blocks, my immediate sewing future will have at least 2 more octagonal table toppers - one in Halloween for Autumn and one in Christmas. Also, Aut may be taking on legal guardianship of a teenage girl. A few years ago I taught this girl how to sew. She LOVES sewing and quilting and purple so I'm thinking I'll make a purple quilt for her for Christmas. Our plan is to spend the holidays in Texas with Aut, depending on how my brother is doing, so I'm going prepared to spoil both Autumn and "Sammy". :D

Happy Saturday!! Enjoy your day!
mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:11 am

Good morning all! Am way behind on reading posts to see what everyone is doing. Just got back from Meijer's to get a few groceries and get my vitamins and joint pills. Meijer's had them but one get one free this week and today was the last day. Saved almost $35 this way. I am cheap in my old age wherever I can save money.

Supposed to get more rain today. The yards are so dry we do need a lot. I mowed yesterday and my yard is so dry and yellow except in Smoke's fenced in area where he "fertilizes" it.

Well better go get some lunch and put the groceries away. Going to watch horse racing and NASCAR today. Not much ambition on my part.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend. Prayers for all who need them.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 am

Good morning!

Another hot day in paradise. Not much planned, just a grocery run for milk. We also need to pick up meds, it is on the way for milk.

I ordered the fabric for the Minnie Mouse quilt and it will be here next week. Now I need to draft the pattern for the block. I make Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes all the time for the grand, so that part will be easy. The bow in the center will be what I am fussing over.

Ethan was hot yesterday, so the backyard lawn got a extra couple of drinks. He loves to play in the sprinklers.

Stay safe
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:06 am

Yesterday we braved Costco for the 1st time since January. It was crazy busy. I don't think it's that busy during Christmas time. We are stocked up for a while.

Still slowing sewing along on quilting a top. Hope to get it finished today.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”