Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday june 25th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday june 25th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 am

Good morning Another cool beutiful morning hope the weather at your place is this noce...cool and sunny..always puts me in a good mood...I didnt sleep well last night, strange most nights I sleep sound others I am up at all hours....it was so bad I thought about getting up and sewing or something,,,but forced myself to stay in bed and did fall back asleep..was up at 6 though. I have coffee drank and a load of laundry started and I even did a window...but I will do 2 today,,,they are pretty much done...
I did get my toes done yesterday and oh my did that feel good...a little pampering to make all the shut downs worth while. My hot pink polish did the trick.
I have a couple of projects to do...one is a toddler apron ..I have the idea now to make it and sew it up/// very quick. picking fabric is always fun for a little one...well I will get back to this old house...( yes the theme song is always in my head) hope your day goes well XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Thursday june 25th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:17 am

Good a Little Cloudy Morning.............

Boy Oh Boy. how can it be 59' at night & 90' at noon?

The 'slit drain' is all finished & it looks like a 1" X 18" slot up against the wall. The guy said call if any problems. Nice guy. He gave me a plumbers number.

Had a successful trip to Walmart. I guess to most people the virus is over. Found every thing on my list. Picked up an extra TP!

Woke at 4:30am tries to go back to sleep, no luck. Cleaned a few things & have custard just out of the oven.

Today I have to sweep the potting soil off the porch& water the flowers. I finally heard from Annies Crafts about the too short panels. I told them all I need is 4" 2" would really due. I wouldn't even bother if my LQS were open, I'd just buy some black. I want them to send me black with scrip writing

Need to look for a new small project for now.

Judi........Rrrrrrr for when we don't sleep well at night.Hope the coffee helps. You need beach to go to with your fetching toe nails.

Love & Prayers.............Kathy

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:19 am

Good morning everyone We too are having nice cool temps so unlike June But I love it

Judi Our Governor made it mandatory that masks be worn in Public A little late I think

I have laundry to do Stripped beds too And uglies after DD & DSIL get off Sure have enjoyed them & all their help
Always good to see family

Kathy zi hope good things come your way very soon Seems things come in batches

Lyn Was glad to hear from you too Hope your Summer goes well & you can get some fishing in

Mary q Enjoy your time with your friend Sure hope DGSs are heals good

All others hope your day goes smooth and you get a smile today Prayers for those in need Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:27 am

Good morning,

KATHY - I hope that repair works well for you for many years! Wish we could see your window boxes. Everything must be looking nice at your house by now.

BECCA - our governor just made it mandatory, too, to wear masks when in public. I wish this had been the case from the beginning. We have always worn ours but so many don't.

JUDI - hot pink! For a hot mama! And almost done with the windows! Everything is looking good at your house, too!

Today we're going on a belated Fathers Day picnic up to Hurricane Ridge in the northern Olympics. Bill's been wanting to do this for a long time. And he wants to get out and drive our new car. So today will be all about Bill!

have a blessed day!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 am

Good another HOT morning!

Well, my plans for a Costco run this morning just got changed. Michael needs a appointment with his Dr, and the time to get him in, is right in the middle of the Costco early hour. He needs to re-up his med prescriptions. Oh well.....

I guess that gives me time to do the uglies I ignored yesterday. Then head to the Batt Cave.

Saw a news story yesterday about things Aaron finds out on the freeway. It is quite a collection. The best part was the dash cam video of a very nice speedboat, on it's trailer, traveling down the freeway, without being attached to a truck! It just rolled in it's lane, until the freeway turned and the boat didn't. It finally crashed into the center jersey barrier, coming to a abrupt stop. As per usual, someone didn't check the hitch coupling and safety chains. Never a dull moment!

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:27 am

Good beautiful morning
I been replanting more annuals which kittens tore up. I also purchased some other flowers reduced. Boo went in for bath and haircut so I had time to shop for flowers and a few groceries. I think I will be glad when the other two kittens are gone and all that will be left is Fluffy.
Nothing much going on here. Our governor did open things up yesterday but warned if virus started to flare he would shut every thing down again. I am not ready for indoor eating .
We also discovered our shop hop which takes place in October will be a month long and also will be virtual as well as open shops. At least I will not have to go to so many stores in a short time.
Maryz Have fun on that picnic. Once in a while my X and I have a weeny roast in my own park. lol
Becca Our temps have been cool too but we did get 3.5 inches of rain .
Kathy I too had to do that and then got a cup of coffee to drink while watching my hummingbirds.
Judi I am working on a new MUMU I am down to 3 and really need at least four. Sorry about your having trouble sleeping
Well I need to get a move on . Need to dead head and clean up north flower bed.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 am

Good Morning Girls

Another beautiful day here too... cool now, but headed to close to 90! May have to turn on the AC later.. we'll see.. So much nicer to have to have windows open.

Judi... .Fun to have pretty toes isn't it! Looks like you've been busy already this morning! All I've managed to do so far is take my shower! Will need more coffee to get me going!

Kathy.... Good to hear you were able to grab some TP!!! :lol: I always panic if I don't have an extra pack stashed in the garage!

Becca... I don't think it's mandatory for masks here yet.. but I sure know a few folks who absolutely won't wear them! I wear mine mostly so I don't have to worry about putting make up on to go out! :lol: Only problem with masks is that some folks think they don't have to worry about other places to pick up germs... hands especially WASH YOU HANDS! :lol:

Maryz.... Wishing you guys a super nice day for Bill! I forgot you got a new car... what did you get again?

Jana.. I bet Aaron could write a book about all the things he's come across while on duty and even OFF duty! I send a little prayer every day for Law Enforcement folks... and think of him as I do!

Katy.... On facebook, there's a group selling misc. craft items... and there's a couple gals that sell "vintage" patterns.... so fun to see those old things... like MUMU's! I remember making them when I was a teenager!

Today is the day!!!! GROCERIES!!!!! Need to run and pick up a pair of Rx Sunglasses I ordered---man glasses are expensive! Then run into Joann... Have you seen that they have a line of fabric for every state! Thinking I will grab some of that for masks, and a few other little things I might like. :lol: Then make my Target run (I'm not happy with WM---long story---that involves my soap box, so I won't go there)

So off I go.. Wishing you all a GREAT day!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 am

Maryq, glasses are very expensive. I wear progressives and they are really expensive.
I did keep my VSP insurance so it cuts the cost a bit.

Maryz, have a great picnic. I bet it's beautiful up there.

Jana, we need to do a Costco run. We haven't been since January and we are finally running out of what we buy there. Good thing I stocked up last time we went. Was the unattended boat on your dash cam? That would be crazy to see in person.

Becca, it's mandatory here, but there is no one to enforce it.

Kathy, glad you got your water issue fixed.

Judi, I feel for you. Not sleeping stinks. I always think I'll fall back to sleep, but end up tossing and turning for hours. I should just get up.

Well the boys have been walked. I have a Zoom friendship meeting at 1000, so I need to get set up.
Hopefully I'll finish quilting a top today.

Have a great day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”