Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 23rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday June 23rd

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:37 am

Good morning, looks like rain....we sure still need it. I have no plans today. we will be having dinner with DD and family. Belated Father's Day. They came over but decided instead of gifts they would have us for dinner. Im good with that. She will do mexican. always a winner...Im still on my diet but I can behave. Im down a total of 26lbs...I still look the same to me but clothes fit better, even a little looser.

I am working on the second cathederal window here,,,this pillow done in pinks. coming out cute. I need cooffee and a porch before i get going on the day. Hope your day is fun,,,,and warm or cool what ever you need...XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday June 23rd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:21 am

Good Morning, Judi and all who come later. Wow, congrats on weight loss. Great job!
I don't have anything special going here. We did get two really nice rain events. Sunday and inch or more. And yesterday late afternoon/evening, we got almost two inches. Farmers around Shelbyville will be quite happy.
Guess I will try to clean house today because it will be much cooler. Good day for that.
Happy day, to everyone.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:28 am

Morning
Joe still home, his driver trainer lives on El Paso & is on home time. That's ok, because Joe gets standby pay while he waits.
When I was pregnant with out oldest boy Joe bought me an oak rocker. It needs to be revarnished. I will have Joe move it into garage & I will start scuffing off old varnish today. I am excited. Then it will go into my bedroom.
I am a little sore as I tripped over the dogs yesterday...so we will see how far I get.
Coffee is ready
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:42 am

Good Morning Judi and Everyone

Today will be a stay in day it's already hot .
Yesterday I did manage to go to H.L. and I got some fabric also saw alot of fall decor coming into play.

So I will stay home and play in my room.
Judi i have stayed on WW during house arrest and I'm feeling better with 22lbs off i dont bake and when i do i leave some for bill and give the rest away.

Well I Hope Everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:54 am

Good morning rainy here We have been cooler & getting showers
I have to run to Town for some produce & a few things DD & DSIL get here this morning So I must rush
Yesterday One of Els Angels sent Me a card with a treasure inside Thank you That was very sweet and thoughtful
Congrats to Judi & Lois on Weight loss That’s not an easy thing to do

Want to chat but must run so I will be back when they arrive Have a great day to all
Hugs & Prayers for all in need Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:17 am

Good morning!

JUDI & LOIS - congratulations on your weight loss!! No small amount! I'm impressed and your doctors will be pleased!

FLO - hope you're OK after your tumble with the dogs.

KATHY - I've never planted mint of any kind. Don't like it. But I do love chives. Purrhaps you could plant that?? ;)

BECCA - more kids visiting!?? Lucky you! My Autumn said she is going to call me today to tell me more about the big changes in her life, but we'll see if that happens . . .

VELDA - happy housecleaning!

CINDY - the news last night reported that the virus is running wild in Houston. Of course, I immediately thought of Don and how vulnerable he is right now. I hope he is staying out of public places and protecting himself at all times. We need him!

MARY Q - more masks?? I know you can do them in your sleep by now!

Yesterday I got another round of yard work done, one load of wash on the lines, and I DID IT! I finally figured out my paper piecing pattern without standing on my head! I have my octagonal table topper together, though not backed or quilted yet. I did it in Halloween fabrics, shamelessly copying LORI. I fell in love with hers. Though she says hers wasn't a PP pattern. Bill is driving our friend, Tex, back to Oregon this morning to pick up his pick-up and on his way home through Tacoma is dropping my machine off to be cleaned and serviced. I have my back-up machine so I"m not left high and dry. He will be gone most of the day. I'll do some more yard work and clean up my sewing room, and maybe finish the topper.

Happy Tuesday!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:53 am

Good morning!

Up, dressed and even put on my bra! We are venturing out to Costco during their "nearly dead" hours, translation, senior hours. A joke here in Utah is you have those in the Ward that are "newlywed, or nearly dead'. We fall in the latter category! LOL! I have my list ready.

I did one window yesterday! 20 to go. Each window is 4' x 5'. I did the screen as well. We tried the outdoor spray by Windex, it didn't work. My water is too hard, so we will try again, doctoring the outdoor spray with a little Finish/JetDry dishwasher solution. That helps with hard water spots on my glasses, and windows are made of the same material, hence the engineer's thinking. We will see...... some of my basement windows get hit with sprinkler overspray, they take CLR to remove the hard water spots. A definite ugly!

Not much else here. Sarah's DH has the rotten colonoscopy on Friday, so he had a Covid test for the pre-OP and they are now in quarantine until the test. So Ethan won't be down until Friday morning. I hope to sew later today.

Stay safe -
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:09 am

Good morning, wish I could get here everyday but it just doesn't seem to happen. I try to read and keep up as best I can.

I am mostly packed and ready for my trip. Just need to add those daily needs like toothbrush, etc. I will make sure the car is packed tonight and full of gas so I can leave as soon as my daughter gets here in the morning.

Dad's caregiver is on vacation until Sunday the 28th so taking care of him full time. Most days are pretty good but yesterday he did give me trouble. He honestly is kinda lazy (always has been) and refused to do his walking. I will try again today. Bath day today also which is always a challenge.

Have a few projects to take with me. Will likely sew some at Teresa's but I think my BIL has plans for everyday. I am not sure he still has my sisters machine and I don't want to pack mine up and take it.

Jana hate those windows, DH does mine most of the time.

Maryz the virus is spreading pretty quickly here again. People are not using masks, some of it is due to increase in testing but I think all the rioting has spread it some too.

Congrats on the weight loss girls. I need to wrap my head around it and get back on track. Maybe after I get back from Vegas.

Not too much else going on here. Not sure Chriss if you have heard but Quilt Show at the nursery in Sept has been cancelled. I am not happy about that! Was looking forward to it.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:17 am

Good morning all! Not a lot planned for today. Hope to get my kitchen and washroom floors mopped. They really need it. Rained some last night and supposed to get more today. My yard is yellow so do need it. Plan on working on my cross stitch project today. Want to get it done because I have a new pattern that I want to get started on. It is 20 x 24 and a picture of a southern plantation with some southern ladies. Guess it is not "politically correct" right now but I don't care. I stitch what I want to stitch.

Judi and Lois - Congrats on your weight loss. Way to go!

Flo - Hope you feel better soon after tripping over the dogs. My cat always wants to get between my legs but so far haven't tripped. Take care of yourself.

Maryz - Sounds like you have been very busy. Other than mowing on my JD I hate yard work. I am not an outdoors person. Only thing that I can grow are my petunias in my big pots on the porch.

Well, better get going and make some breakfast for me. Already fed the furbabies. if I don't do that first they get "antsy".

Hope everyone has a safe and nice day.

Sherry

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:24 am

Good Hot Summer Day..........no rain in sight!

Yesterday the crack fixing man call with a different way to fix the leak in the basement. It will be 1/4 the price, 500, there'll be no digging up the patio. He'll make a drain at the base if the crack. I hope I made the right decision. He's coming tonight.

Today is the day I meet the knitters the patio next to the library. Truly looking forward to getting out& seeing & talking to people. I can't get into the library's system so I'm unable to take out audio books. Must try to work that out. I'm planing to stop at the local liquor store for a It sub, they have a deli there.

I'll check to see if the LQS is open I need a 1/4 yard of black.

Must go now. Love & Prayers...................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”