Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 22,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday June 22,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 am

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday was a nice day we spent most of the morning sitting on our deck having our coffee.

Today I have wash started the bed is made and I just have to start the dishwasher.
Then I will sit for a bit then I will get dressed.
Our state went to phases 2 allowing salons and barber shops nail salons and massage poplars and tattoo places to open.

I think I will take a slow ride to hobby lobby to get a couple of things I forgot to pick up.
Then I will come home and sew its suppose to but up to 90 and humid .

Well that's all the news here I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Monday June 22,2020

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:24 am

Morning Lois...It is raining here,,,not much be we so needed some. I see more is predicted....I have errands to run today, Grocery store, meat market, and a stop at Joanns, I would love to go to hobby lobby but have too much other stuff to do. Bit of laundry and my sis is coming over later to take us to dinner,,,she likes to have the company once and a while. Lots happening here. My grandaughter in Maine is coming for a visit,,,she will stay here a month, we will take her camping next month 3 campers with 14 kids...we do this every year and it is only for 3 days...they love it as we take them to Sauder village...in ohio as long as things are going as they are it will be on schedule...I am calling today to see if I can book a short trip the week after the 4th before she comes for ken and i to get away for a few days too.
Been making a second cathederal window pillow to match the first this one in pinks...using a different technique than the first this one is a little neater,,,and about an inch bigger over all...we shal see how it turns out. well I need to make my bed and comb my hair and get coffee...hope you all have a great day,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 am

Good morning to all on this sunny Mon.
Today I want to drop off all the quilts that I bound, hope Kathleen does not have more for me to take. Have a few panels for qov that I want to start soon.
We zoomed with the kids and the grands yesterday for dads day. We will see them on July 2 to the 9th. It will be like Christmas --getting to hug and kiss them all. YAY!!!
All else is quiet.
Coffee time. Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:16 am

Good morning!

Typical morning here, sun is popping up and the internet is not! Every so often, the internet carrier here is flaky. This morning is one of them!

I finished most of the binding work yesterday. Still a couple more to do. There are a couple projects on my design wall that will get done today. I have in a drawer next to my machine, a queen size quilt top, pieces all cut and bagged, needing to be sewn together. It has been there for several years. Not too old, as I started here, after we moved. It is a QIAD pattern, from El's Still Stripping book. Even the book is with the pieces. So will work on getting that finished and over with it's friends, my UFO's waiting to be quilted.

We went out for a drive yesterday. Not far from me, UDOT, the orange cone people, were removing a old railroad bridge, so they can widen the freeway and surface street. This is Michael's fun. So we went in and around the site, which took some doing, as UHP was closing the road to all traffic and creating a detour. We were one of the last cars through. Doesn't take much to keep Mikey happy!

Well, one last load of laundry, and that's done for the week. Rest of my uglies are caught up. But, that may change, as Michael is going to washing the outside windows of the house. That makes me work, as the screens will need to be washed. Then I can play!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:05 am

Hi y'all.

Lois - I went to dinner Friday evening with my sister and then we went to Hobby Lobby. It was wonderful as I haven't been there in months. Got some 4th of July stuff for my 3-tiered thing (don't know what to call it). Also, the place was full of pumpkins and fall stuff and CHRISTMAS STUFF!!!!

Judi - Don and I are camping the weekend after 4th of July. I think it's just us so should be a quiet time. Looking forward to it.

Diane - my oldest DD came over yesterday as well and my great grand baby. Got a little bit of hugs and kisses. We went and had Mexican food and a big margarita - was so good.

Jana - not quite sure what you and Michael looked at at the railroad bridge. Does he like to watch things like that come apart? I have a book of El's along with the fabric stored in a plastic container. I've only made three of the blocks and that was probably 14 years ago. Sigh!

Yesterday I did some laundry and we went out back and pressure washed more of the fence but only got 3 six ft. sections done before the thunder and rain started. We went in and took a nap before we went to dinner. Then kids came over and stayed until 10 PM. Don's on an over-night trip today so it's just me and the fur babies tonight. I'll continue my dance with Mr. Maytag.

I hope you all get to fondle fabric today!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:27 am

Good morning,

JUDI - another cathedral window? You keep making these little pillow tops and eventually you'll have enough to put together and voila`! You'll accidentally have a whole quilt! You will have fooled yourself into making one! Camping with the kids sounds like fun. We used to do that every year when our grands were young. I hope you can get away yourselves soon. So many places aren't taking rezzies - you have to show up at just the right time to get a site. About 12-2pm.

LOIS - we sat on our deck with our coffee yesterday morning, too! It's like we're twins. But not this morning! Brrrr...

DIANE - Quilts to bind would be a great project for travel if they weren't so bulky and cumbersome.

CINDY - we'll be camping at the same time! On the Oregon Coast for 4 or 5 nights. We made a pact that we were going to go by ourselves this time. But Bill happened to mention it to some friends in Olympia so now I think they are going to go with us. He's a doctor and teaches at a medical college in Yakima but has been teaching Via Zoom, so he can go camping and teach from his trailer as long as he has good internet. That will leave his wife and dog at odds and she is not self-entertaining. So guess what I'll be doing the entire trip. Sigh. I'm going to kill Bill - but not until after this trip. He's my driver. :lol:

JANA - sounds like you have challenged yourself to clear up your UFO's. I'm wondering about the queen of all your quilts - your Judi Niemeyer. Did you ever get that one finished? Wasn't that the one you were thinking you would make for all your kids, too? You're a better quilter than I!!! Fun trip for Michael to see the RR bridge. Has he ever gone to Durango and ridden the Silverton steam train? Would be a fun trip for him . . . . .

MARY Q - yes, we're home, all cleaned, and back to normal. And planning our next trip out to the Oregon Coast to Tillamook, OR about second week of July. Poor Eli! I think Jana had a great idea! He can glue your Cricket thingie to his cast! And you can have your signature on the thingie!

KATHY - sorry about your crumbing cement - isn't your house pretty new? If so, maybe there's some sort of guarantee. Cement should last longer than this. You are needing too many new, un-fun things. Don't hang around me! Everything is breaking down around here. My fridge broke - and then Judi's broke. To get even, she broke her stove and last night my stove broke. Our dishwasher is thinking about breaking. Our friends went camping with us and both their truck and their dog broke. We carry a curse, I think.

Yesterday I got some yard work done. I'm going to try to do a little bit every day. Then I decided to make Bill an apple pie, turned on the oven to preheat and suddenly we had a fire! The element exploded. At least I knew enough not to open the door, but it's unnerving to stand and watch a fire burn - anywhere inside your house - that isn't in the fireplace! Bill is going to try to order a new element today I hope that's all we need. Also yesterday we talked to my DD, Autumn, in Texas. She told us that she and her hubby of 17 years have decided to separate. They are pretty amicable, and actually see each other quite a bit. Come evening, when we were out on our deck grilling pork chops we saw more smoke outside and smelled garbage burning. Bill went to investigate and found Vicki, burning her garbage. She 'saluted' him.
(He took it as a Fathers Day greeting.) It wasn't the best Fathers Day at our house.

I did spend a few hours in my sewing room trying to re-teach myself paper piecing. Some parts went together purrfectly and some I just couldn't fit correctly. Arghh.. I finally walked away to go read on the deck with a glass of wine. I know I can do this. I will try again today. May I need to drink the wine before I start sewing . . . .

Wishing us all full bobbins!
mary z

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 am

Good morning.

Today is weekly ugl-lies day. I will get the laundry started, then move on to the other essentials. Once they are under control one more time, I am going to mark a quilt I need to finish up.

MaryZ - You asked me a few days ago if I had returned to work. Yes, I have now been back at work for two weeks, tomorrow begins week three. It is so sad to hear that Autumn and her hubby have decided to separate. I'll keep them in my prayers. Oh no, that fire in your oven could have been an even bigger disaster. Happy to hear it wasn't worse. Hugs for you my friend. I still haven't got the hang of paper piecing to see if I would enjoy it enough to make a quilt using that technique. I do love the Judy Niemeyer quilts, though.

Jana - Internet issues drive me crazy. I finally had to switch out my wireless keyboard for a wired one.

Izzy - Prayers for you as you deal with your "mom" challenges.

Chriss - Are you still getting to work from home?

I'm going to check to see what I can take out of the freezer for supper. Then I will get started with everything on my ugh-lies list. Everyone have a safe and blessed day.

Mary/Rosebud

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:50 am

Good morning everyone

I have been real busy cleaning up flowers that have already bloomed and dead heading. I always cut the irises back so the lilies look prettier. I am still mulching . Had to slow down because of my back. Finally found tomatoes set on. I went to Lowes on Saturday to buy zuccini plants. my seeds did not come up.
Got 6 really healthy looking plants LOl
I also went to Joanns and yes they are getting higher in price. And they are not carrying Mountain Mist batting. I think except for thread my shopping days there are over. So I am going to Walmart to check out there batting. Thats about all that is going on here.
Cindyg I know Christmas stuff is coming out but it will not be long until its Secret Santa time. :lol: And who knows if we will be able to get out this fall if the darn virus comes back.
Maryz Thank goodness the fire was contained. I set top of my stove on fire . My beef soup boiled over and caught fire. at least I was sharp enough to put baking soda on it to put out.
Judi Have fun with your sister when she arrives. I actually took mine a tomato plant that arrived from QVC at least a month late but they are growing lol
Well I need to go check on Fluffy. A baby kitten which something bit.I actually got the sore spots healed but he has a limp . He is 9 weeks old and so cute. I took Mom and three of his sisters to humain society. Still have two to go.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:58 am

Good Morning Girls

Here I am... a little late as usual, but had to have my sit on the deck... then decided I better take my shower and get cleaned up a little. Not sure where to start this morning... there's always a mess on my porch to clean up... but may ignore it and go down and sew.

Lois... sounds like you had a nice relaxing day out on the deck! I love having coffee on the deck in the morning, but then I can't sit still that long. It's been tempting to set up my sewing machine out there!.

Judi... Oh what fun... to have DGD come for a whole month! We've been trying to figure out how to bring the Canadian kids down here for a month or so too.. But Canadian borders are closed until July 21st. They could get down here, they are USA Citizens, but they might not be able to get back.

Diane.... How fun it will be to actually get your hands on your kids and Grand babies!

Cindy.... .SO good to hear that I am not the only one with projects from 13-14 years ago! I think I still have Christmas blocks from a swap in 2007 that I haven't put together.... I think there's one from Georgia Peach in there!

Maryz….. With COVID... are you still planning a long road to trip this fall? Out to DC and then down to TX? You know I'm right on the way..... :D I thought about making Eli a little thing on my cutter machine, I just don't know if it would stick to the cast! I'd just so rather fly up!!! So sorry to hear about Autumn! I think I cried for 3 days when Jen and Michael divorced. :cry: :cry: :cry: HOLY MOLY!!! A fire in the oven!!! SCARY!! Hope your in-house handy man can fix it up for you! Would suck to have to get a new stove!

Mary-Rosebud.... Do you work full time? Hope you find something in the freezer! Cooking for one really stinks doesn't it. I try to cook things with extras to throw in the freezer for later. Cooked a small pork roast yesterday for BBQ pulled pork...SO nummy!

Katy.... Last time I was at WM... they had Warm/Natural batting for $9.88/yrd. It was $19.99 at Joann! quite a difference. It's my favorite batting! I do like Joann for the most part, but they are so low on fabric now.... except for flannel.. which I don't need! Next week I'm heading to the fabric warehouse with Shawn's MIL... Viv.

Since it's almost 11:00am here, I better get in gear. Need to run to town and pick up some stakes for my tomato plants! They are getting so tall and have lots of little flowers on them! When I get home, I'll be heading down to sewing room of course. I think my mask group on FB might be gearing up for the next wave.. We're thinking that schools are going to need a lot of masks this fall. I cut out a few last night and will get my assembly line ready to sew. I did finish a small quilt top, and have another one ready for the borders. Will have a few to take to Viv's with me next month, when I go down to use her LA...

NEED MORE COFFEE!

Have a great day everyone

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:02 am

Hi MaryQ, yes I still work full time. I have to, or I wouldn't be able to make my house payment.
What did you think of my UGRR blocks, and shipping method?

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”