Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday June 20,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday June 20,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:29 am

Good Saturday morning Everyone,

Well I'm up early so I thought I would open up the thread.
Yesterday I started working on a pillow with a red truck and watermelons on it I found it on pintrest so I decided to start it I have all the appliques all cut out and ready to fuse down so that will be today's Job my 1 niece called me yesterday her mom is going back to the veterans home to work and she asked if I would be able to make her five masks she also told me my masks were comfortable so after the pillow I will work on them.

Well that's all the news for today.
Everyone have a great day will Bbl.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Re: Saturday June 20,2020

Post by velvet » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:33 am

Good sunny morning in SC.
Need to go to the grocery store and have my list all set. Hope to be in and out within 15 minutes. People seem to think the virus went POOFED and disappeared during the night. It seems most people have put blinders on. I'll stay close to home. July 2 to the 9th we are flying to LI and will land in a small airport. New mask, gloves and wipes are all ready for the 1 1/2 flight. Can't wait to get me arms around them all. They also have been super cautious, so we should be okay. (Fingers crossed)

Hope everyone is safe. Enjoy the weekend.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:46 am

Good morning everyone sunny here &-another nice day I have the mumbo dance going Stripped beds too
LoisI love old trucks on things Your pillow sounds cute
Diane I too am sticking close to Home With
DH don’t. want to take chances I’m sure there are lots of people vacationing in Myrtle Beach
I hope everyone has a wonderful day Stay safe & our Country needs prayer
Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:09 am

Morning
Storms this weekend here. Joe will take off Monday or Tuesday. He will be gone 3 weeks or do first run.
Today I will take car for wheel balancing. Nothing exciting.
Diane travel safe
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:31 am

Good morning,

Not much new here. A survey was sent out at work asking how working from home was going. the results showed positive feedback in almost all areas. I so want this to continue for me.

Today the plan is to go to a farmers market in Sonora with a girlfriend. She is driving so I will buy lunch. they have some amazing tomatoes. Our plants have loads of green tomatoes but nothing red yet. the temps should reach 100 plus for the next few days so that will ripen them up.

After the farmers market will be a trip to a place called Twain Harte Pharmacy. it's a fun pharmacy with clothes, games toys, household stuff and fabric. Some of their clearance fabric is $4.50 a yard. They do have a lot but it's not displayed well, which means it takes time to look at.

Also in town is a Joanns which I agree has become a bit pricy. and there is a quilt store that has a pattern of a quail that I like but can live without.

There is a pair of hawks living in our oak trees. they seem to be setting up house and eating the snakes or whatever else they find. It's fun to watch them. they soar so high in the sky then get lower and lower until they fly away with something in their talons. I love them.

I found some HST's that are patriotic fabric so am squaring them to 3 inches and see if there is enough to make a table runner. And my step mom said she would love to have a mask that I made because she doesn't have one. but she has one I made her I saw it the last time I was there. So I will make her another first mask. I love that they are quick to make. I think she is starting to get forgetful.

Izzy, hope things go well with your mom. It's a lot of work taking care of someone else especially when you already have a full plate.

Lois, which pattern are you using for face masks? I use the one from Missouri Quilt Company but make mine 7x10 instead of 6x9.

Maryq, so? did he break his arm on the hovercraft? or was he doing some other crazy stunt. kids are goof balls.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Hugs and prayers.
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:01 am

Good morning!

Oh the sun shines bright on my old Utah home, is what I am singing this morning. So bright, I need sunglasses in my sleep!

Not much here today. More garden weeding and checking to see if my new planted beans have popped up yet. A few uglies and a bit of sewing.

We have everything done for church tomorrow, but we will still be home for church services. Utah was doing very well in our numbers of Covid, but the numbers have spiked horribly this last week, so I guess that I will be like my pioneer ancestors, in using what I have in making quilts. Lots of scraps can make for some very beautiful quilts. Glad that I have lots of stash!

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:11 am

Good morning all hot and sunny here again...it never gets old. I have no plns for today but might have Ken runme up to the goodwill store to see if they might have any pots//I sure hate that the lowest price I was able to find was $10 oper pot so far...I need 5 nope thats fabric money Id be spending,
I finished my cathereral window pillow and it turned out pretty good for my first attempt at this pattern,,,It down on my chair on the living room....it is so new and bright it makes my furniture look old so I told ken I needed new furniture and he said he thought so too.....( I was kidding but Im not saying a word)
well hope your day goes well XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:06 am

Good morning all! Got up and went out to water my petunia pots before it gets 92 degrees today. It is already muggy out so will just stay in. After breakfast will do couple loads of laundry and some sewing.

Today is the last day of Ascot so am watching that. This afternoon the Belmont will be on most of afternoon so will be a horse racing watch day. Don't have to mow yet. So dry it hasn't really grown at all. Supposed to get rain tomorrow and Monday. Will need it since it is so brown.

New fridge is doing great. Between that and new car lease hope I am done spending for awhile.

Well, hope everyone has a nice and safe weekend. Enjoy your day.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:33 am

Good morning,

LOIS - what pattern are you using for your masks? I am using MSQC's, but like Chriss, I'm making mine a little larger. Your pillow sounds cute. I love old truck things. Especially the red trucks, since our truck is red.

DIANE - So fun to have that week in LI to look forward to. Hope you come home re-energized, happy, and healthy! I agree with you - people seem to think because things are opening up, that means it's safe. So not true! A small town in Oregon about 60 miles from where we were camping had only about 12 cases so a church held a service. Almost 300 people got sick, 1 died, and who knows now how many more will get sick and possibly die. This is where my friend, Betsy who had the double lung transplant, lives. If she gets sick she won't survive.

BECCA - You are so wise to be careful. I'll be joining you at the Maytag Mambo "Washerie". We have trailer bedding to wash. I always wash everything and remake the bed, ready for the next outing.

FLO - your Joe must be driving for a big company to be on the road for 3 weeks straight! I enjoy some alone time now and then, but I think I'd start missing my hubby!

CHRISS - I hope you get to continue working from home. I bet many companies will allow it as it costs to provide work space. Two hawks in your trees? I see romantic dinners for two in your pastures - Snakes Tartare! Hope you find your HST's. Do your parents still RV? Have fun at the Farmers Market.

JANA - the funnest part of a garden - watching everything come up! Can't wait to see your patriotic tote!

JUDI - I find all sorts of things to use for planters at thrift shops. Sometimes, though, you have to think outside the pot! :D Our thrift shops aren't open yet. Maybe I should dig out my pillow-sized C.W. piece and make a pillow for it - are frame it and hang it high on the wall so no one can see it close up. Imagine - Carole in AZ made an entire quilt of C.W.'s!! (after she did a Dear Jane!) Maybe we should put her in a museum!

MARY Q - so - how did Eli break his arm? Right or left? When Mike was 12 he broke both bones in his right forearm. Only slowed him down for a few days.

IZZY - I hope there is a swift adjustment for your family so you can have the time, and mindset, to rejoin swaps again. Your beautiful stitching will be missed! Is this a permanent arrrangement or just for rehab?

LORI - OH, I remember now you saying your pattern was a bad one. I hope this one is better! It looks like it's all paper-piecing. I haven't studied it yet. I hope everyone is adjusting to FIL moving into the household - and by everyone, I mean all the fur-folk, of course. How's the situation with the house you are selling? Ready to put a sign on it yet?

SHERRY - I saw you got a new car! Congrats! A red one! The best of the car colors! Our new car is also red - "Matador Red". Though in the old days, I think it would be called Candy Apple Red.

Our friends whose truck broke down east of Portland called us about 2pm yesterday. The truck won't be ready until Tuesday or later and they were stuck in their trailer in the tow company parking lot, 90*, no A/C, with a very sick dog. Bill offered to drive down and bring them and their trailer home. Total of about 425 miles. He didn't get home until 10:30 but our friends were SOO grateful. I didn't go because Scottie would have had to go, too, and 4 people and 3 dogs would have been a long, uncomfortable ride for everyone. Bill will take our friend back next week to get his truck. I had 8 hours all to myself!! And what did I do?? Folded laundry, made phone calls, and worked on embroidery while I binge-watched 11 episodes of Mom. :lol: I was just too tired to do anything else.

Yesterday I did 4 loads of wash and decided to give our septic system a rest. Will do last two loads today. I also have rugs from the trailer to do but that will be next week, when it's sunny again and I can put them on the line. I got most of the trailer cleaned. Will finish all that today. Lots of yard work is going to be claiming my attention soon, too. But I really want to sew, so I think after today I'll start dividing my time between uglies, yard, and sewing something - anything! lol!

Have a Sensational Saturday!
mary z

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 am

Chriss, I know you will have fun on your outing today. Twain Harte Pharmacy sounds like a fun place. I could probably spend some time in there.

Maryz, the pattern I made was not paper pieced. We put the house on the market before we left. So it's for sale already.

Judi, I hung a Cathedral window quilt at a show once. It was a king size and weighed a ton. All that folded fabric adds up.

Jana, I pulled about 5 1/2 yards of fabric from my stash for backing of charity quilts. I love to get rid of it. The bad thing is that I keep buying more. It's a never ending cycle.

Becca, I think if we would have been required to wear masks in public sooner, they could have got a handle on this. Hopefully we learn from this virus, because it will happen again.

Diane, I was fine with flying. Everyone had to wear a mask on the plane and the middle rows were empty.
I think you'll be fine.

Lois, that sounds like a cute pattern.

Well I started sewing again and it feels great. I need to get backing from 4 more quilts. I might head to the LQS today to get that. I like large backing because I don't like to piece it. It's just easier.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”