Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 19

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Friday June 19

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:29 am

Good morning!

Cleaned up the old lady here - me. After playing in the dirt yesterday, she needed help. I cleaned up nicely.

Sun is up and shining and we will start warming up to summertime temps today. The hotter here in the valley, makes camping up in the mountains very nice. Not too cold. Aaron, Kate and the little girls are camping out and will be home later tonight. Aaron has to work tomorrow.

Oh what fun we had watching Sarah and her antics after the DDS yesterday. She was so out of it! They made the mistake of leaving her phone nearby as she was coming out of the anesthesia at home. Oh, some of the messages she texted were hilarious! She has no memory at all of doing things. She is fine and normal now. No more comic relief.

My patriotic fabric arrived yesterday, so I will make my tote bag today. I think I will play with the embroidery module on my sewing machine and do something fun for the front outside pocket. You see, I love having a tool or machine to do all the fancy work. Like Norm Abrams, from This Old House, no hand tools, just power tools!

My garden is doing well. Lots of potato plants. My tomatoes are doing well too. Not long and I will be the dreaded neighbor, doorbell ditching zucchini in the dead of night. Of course, dressed to hide from the doorbell cameras!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 am

Good Morning Girls!

Yipee! We finally got some rain! A good old fashioned thunderstorm moved through and cooled things down quite a bit. Time to throw open the windows and let the fresh air in!

So, In the morning, I grab my coffee and my Ipad and sit on the deck for a few minutes and check Facebook... most of which I ignore. But what do I see this morning! I picture of my Eli in Alaska at the hospital getting a cast on his arm!! Broke both his ulna and radial bones in his arm! Must have happened last night, which makes it really late here, so DD didn't call me! I have a sneaky feeling he fell off his hover board! He didn't seem to be too bothered as he was getting a popsicle! I'll have to face time him later and see how he is doing ! Silly boy! He broke a bone in his foot when he was about a year old....

Becca... Doesn't it feel good to get all those uglies done! I'm ignoring mine for today, but tomorrow I really need to go full steam around here! Only my living room seems to stay clean... no body goes in there!

Velda... Time sure does go by fast doesn't it. Here it is the middle of June already! And We're already starting think Christmas---(Tina's Christmas swap is coming :D )

Judi.... My house is a mini-jungle with house plants! I gave some away on a FB site but they still seem to multiply. I have Sheffalara's that are so big I need dowels to hold them up! They survive even when I ignore them. And course spider plants shoot babies out like crazy! I'll meet you in the laundry room... as I'm headed that way soon too. Either that or I'll need to go shopping!

Flo... Did you have a pattern for the car organizer? Since nobody rides in my car, sounds like something I could use for all the junk that accumulates in my car... Would be nice to have to place to stash my mask, wipes, hand sanitizer, etc.

Lois.... I went to Joann yesterday too... and now that you mention it... I did notice that you can't use 2 coupons anymore. BUT, when the kid was cutting fabric for me... he didn't charge me at all for the "remnant" at the end of the bolt! I wonder if that's new? The shelves were sure bare! They had lots of flannel, which I don't need and no pretty Civil War prints that I wanted to grab. Hopefully they can get back to normal soon! Did you see Sindy has some new free patterns up?

Diane.... Have the Vet's café been able to open for business yet?

Cindy...All the Texas humidity seems to make it's way up here! There are days when I swear I peel off my bra like saran wrap! Are you guys going to be able to go camping over the 4th? It's on a Saturday this year! I imagine campgrounds will be packed!

Maryz!!! YEAH You're HOME! You bet we missed you! Sorry you had to cut your trip short and that the weather wasn't great! UGRR swap is going fine.... This has been a tough few months for folks, so I'm not stressing out about blocks getting here exactly on time. When they come... they come.... I have envelopes and address labels ready to go and a sorting system pretty much in place. I think 2020 will go down in history as the year the world went batt*$&# crazy!

Sherry... I agree.... we will never be the same again. When I watch a TV show and see people hug... it just looks so foreign.. like what are they doing? Some days I think I'll go to the store really stinky so people won't want to get too close to me!

Jana... Do you have sandy soil for growing potatoes? Wonder how well they'd grow in MN. I see lots of flowers on my tomato plants! The rain we got yesterday sure will have helped.. though I do check on the them and add water as needed.

Now my coffee is cold and if I'm going to get anything done today I better get a refill and get to work. Need to wash clothes and organize the fabric I bought yesterday... Went a little crazy and bought a lot of white... you can never have too much white! Have 3 projects going at the same time, but also need to whip up a few masks. The requests on my FB group have quieted down, but there are still some in need. And since I have 5 rolls of elastic... I might as well use it up!

Wishing you all a Fantastic Friday

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:42 am

Good morning. So yesterday was decent calm day. I had to run some went to put lotion on my legs and realized I hadn’t put shaved in a while lol. thank goodness no one got too close to this Neanderthal woman 🤣🤣 I’m European but dang that was a bit much. Needless to say got some grooming done last night in shower 🤣🤣

Today crazy was loose and I just had to say”when your calm we will talk” she hung up on me.🙄🤪

Got to sit and sew all afternoon and night. Got my UGRR blocks done bagged up and shipped out today. Woo hoo No more swaps for me not with my crazy life right now.

Now to finish quilting my two commissioned quilts for customers.

Hope all have a great weekend. We are keepin grand Saturday night so fun time for Opa lol. We wanted to take him to Dino world but most of park shut off due to virus only museum and walk opened. Nothing a 3 yo would like to do.

Happy stitching 🧵 prayer 🙏 and hugs 🤗
🐐izzy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Judi, I take my plants out every year is root prune them and put them back into the same pot. They bounce right back in about a week.

Izzy, bummer you are having issues with your mom. How long before she comes to your place? Hope she calms down by then.

Maryq, oh no....poor Eli. Hope he'll be okay.

Maryz, what a bummer for your friends. Will their dog be okay? FIL has been here 2 weeks tomorrow.
We're all adjusting. The poodle is a jumpy little thing. He's almost blind and deaf, so he gets startled easily. I saw that pattern in the magazine. It's a different author, so maybe the directions will be better.
The pattern I have is terrible. I think it's at least 36 x 36. It's fun to get magazines and books to read. Enjoy.

Lois, Joann's prices are so high I won't buy anything without a coupon. I noticed last year they kept increasing prices on basting spray. It doubled in 3 months. So now I buy it else ware.

Well I've been quilting charity quilts. Trying to get my sewing mojo back.

Have a wonderful evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”