Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday June 19

Daily discussions.
Becca

Friday June 19

Post by Becca » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 am

Good morning everyone Time to rise & shine Sunny here We have had a cooler week very nice
Yesterday I lots done Got uglies complete except some floors plus yard work
Today I hope to finish uglies & feed my plants & put out stay away deer
Izzy Iโ€™m sorry your Mom is giving you such a hard time Sure hope it works if she lives close to you You are a wonderful daughter

Hope everyone has a wonderful day Stay safe & happy Becca

QuiltGram8

Re: Friday June 19

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:42 am

Good morning, Becca and all who follow. I haven't been on here for awhile. Seems my days go by so fast. How does that happen, when I am not busy with anything? LOL.
Hope all if you are staying safe.
Another busy campground weekend is here. People started coming in yesterday. Being Father's Day weekend, lots of Dads will love to be camping and building campfires. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Have a happy weekend.
Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:04 am

Good morning BEcca Vel and Izzy, I was up early started laundry the dishwasher and made my bed...got dressed...phew! now i need coffee and a sit. All i have to do today is laundry and spending time in the sewing room. I even cleaned off my desk and paid the bills...I should go and look for pots but so far no luck. Seems I drive from place to place and all the pots are too small...I do have one more shop to check. maybe this weekend. my poor houseplants are like a family of 10 in a 2 bedroom house...or 5#s of stuff in a 2# bag...They were all in a basket from my DBILs funeral 5 years ago. I am sentimentally attached to them. I repoted them into individual pots and good greif they loved it...they are in 8 inch pots and roots are jammed...so the need is here...I am on a mission but with tgoing to 85 today,,,I just might wait and see how the weekend goes...well enough of this...hope you are all doing well...Izzy I am praying for you and your mom. I have a fruiend who is going through some very trying times with her husband he is having mental issues...similar to your moms..rages and forgefulness... hope all turns out well...have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXxoxxoxoxox

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:24 am

Morning
Up at 6..Joe has corrupted me. I used to sleep til 7 not moving til 9. Now by 6:30 I am watering and 6 is sleeping in.
Yesterday I got most of son's seat organizer done. Need to go to hardware store for a metal slat for support in large pocket for his metal clip board.
Joe will be taking off Monday or Tuesday. I am ready...I think.
Have a Blessed Day.
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:46 am

Good morning Everyone ,

Uglies are almost done also wash is washing I will turn the dishwasher on then I'm gonna finish up and go in my sewing room I haven't been in there since monday.
Yesterday I went to Joanns to have a look I wanted to get a magazine but the had nothing and I went to get insulbrite for pot holders when I gave the cashier my 50 and 20 she said we are not combining coupons anymore
Well they won't see me to much there prices are nearing towards Quilt shop prices.

Well that's all the news for today everyone have a great day.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:49 am

Good morning to all. Beautiful start to the day. Sunny and not supposed to be too hot.

Yesterday went to TOD's house. We cut a few kits out and I took 5 quilts to be bound and labeled. So binding is on my to-do list for today.
It is going to be a quiet day here. Staying close to home as so many others.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Diane

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:50 am

Been reading posts from yesterday. Chriss - Funeral Potatoes are always a good thing to take - they go with everything. Gosh, that sounds good. I haven't made them in ages. Izzy - so sorry to hear your mama woes. Hang in there.

Becca - I hope your days don't heat up too fast. Last weekend here was wonderful - low 90's and low humidity but now the humidity is back and we get up to high 90's. UGH.

Vel - I wish we were camping. We wouldn't have a campfire though unless we built a fire to chase away the skeeters. Enjoy your weekend.

Judi - have you looked at Lowe's and Home Depot for pots? They have some plastic ones with the saucer attached for drainage. The holes are already in them. Or do you want something fancier than plastic?

Flo - is Joe going over the road? Don lets me sleep in unless I tell him to wake me up at a certain time. Of course I can only sleep in on the weekends. During the week I have to set my alarm. If I ever get to retire I'm smashing that alarm clock with a sledge hammer!

Nothing new here. Don't know what we'll be doing this weekend. I know I'll be dancing with Mr. Maytag.

I hope you can all fondle some fabric today.

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:51 am

Good morning to all. Beautiful start to the day. Sunny and not supposed to be too hot.

Yesterday went to TOD's house. We cut a few kits out and I took 5 quilts to be bound and labeled. So binding is on my to-do list for today.
It is going to be a quiet day here. Staying close to home as so many others.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:15 am

Good morning,

I'm home! Did you miss me? :lol: I missed all of you! We camped in 3 different places and none had internet or decent cell coverage. 4 nights in the first one with pretty nice weather - 60's. 3 nights in the second one were beautiful - 70's- though a 100-mph windstorm had come through 2 days earlier and uprooted many 5 huge pine trees and a three giant cottonwoods. So a 20-man crew arrived to limb the trees and after we left, a helicopter was scheduled to come in, lift the trunks, and set them in the river to give fish places to life/hide. Interesting. The crew was all BLM firefighters who were without a fire to fight, and the last day they were there the camp hosts wanted to do a hotdog roast for them so Bill and I went to town and bought chips, drinks, and ice to contribute. Our last destination, 5 nights at a state park in NE Oregon, was having such awful weather - high temps only in the low 40's, rain, T&L, wind, and even snow! (1/2" accumulation - in June!) - that we finally bagged the last 4 nights we had planned to be out. Friends from home joined us there (and stayed well distanced), but one of their little shit-zus got sick, so they had to hunt up a vet and the diagnosis is bladder cancer and a UTI. :cry: The friends left a day later than we did, intending to go further south to a business appt, but broke down along the freeway 100 miles east of Portland, OR and had to have their truck and trailer both towed. Hoping for repairs today. So they cancelled further plans and are coming home as soon as their truck is rolling again. Just a bad week for everyone! We got home yesterday afternoon, emptied the trailer and today it will get a thorough cleaning. And then there's 2 weeks of laundry to do. Going to be a busy, busy day.

VELDA - time is a funny thing - and boy, does it slip away from you! When we go to Texas in winter, we see how our campground fills up for the weekends and then they all leave Sunday afternoon. Especially for big days like T-giving.

FLO - how are you feeling? When your hubby starts driving will he be gone a week or so at a time, too?

BECCA - no uglies but floors and yard work? Sounds pretty 'ugly' to me!

LOIS - Our Joann's has never combined coupons - at least not on one item. We could use multiple coupons only on multiple items. But you are right - their prices are getting high, but LQS's are getting scarce! (though I found a good one on our trip and they were smiling big when I finally left their shop!)

VAL - I heard you got a new job! Hallelujah! Enjoy your trip!

CHRISS - and your new neighbors are moving in?! And love sharing good food?! I predict good times ahead! Sorry about your 105*, but glad you are far out in a rural area. So if you were to have a potluck and invite all of us, you want to know what we'd bring? Hmmm.... We do breakfast potlucks at our RV Rally (cancelled this year) so I usually do parfaits of vanilla yogurt with layers of granola and berries. For suppertime events, it's scalloped potatoes. Yum!

CINDY - congrats to your graduate! I see Texas is having a big new wave of virus. Better keep Don under lock and key!

JUDI - did you get your Snomen on the frame yet? Sorry you can't find a place to camp. Lots of room here! Campgrounds are only about 1/4 full. RV parks, too. Maybe you need to take a road trip!

IZZY - so sorry to read of your mommy dearest woes. You can come here any time to vent. Your mom is so lucky to have a daughter like you. She sounds bi-polar?

JANA - well,, you are a spectacular lady and the things you do are always spectacular - even the goof-ups! lol! Fortunately, they aren't many! Hope it's all smooth sailing from now on. Funny that Aaron and Crenda never mentioned a quilt cabinet on their bill . . .

KATHY - exciting times in your neighborhood! It's a harder decision that one might think to call cops on your neighbor - Lord knows we've had to do it several times. Never easy. But good on you!! Hope this solves the problem.

LORI - how are things with your DFIL living with you? Did you get your new sewing room sew up? The new AP&Q magazine came while I was gone and it has the pattern you used for your Halloween table topper with the little houses. YAY!! I plan to make it for this year. Did you paper piece yours or not?

DIANE - you and your cohorts have been delightfully busy while I was gone!

MARY Q - Sorry you are hot and mosquito-y. Did you finish all the masks? In time for the second wave? Is the UGRR swap finished yet? I've lost track.

The day after we left my niece, Carmen, called me that Albert was back in the Seattle hospital for kidney failure and CHF. Since we couldn't see him we continued on with our camping plans but tried to check in with Carm every day. We were never more than a day's drive away. The toxins building up because of his kidney failure has caused some hairy times with confusion and hallucinations, so he is now getting dialysis which is helping. But after so long "in-house" he is weak, so when he is finally discharged, he will go to rehab, close to home, but the rehab won't allow visitors. The hospital is allowing one person a day to visit right now but I won't go because we've been traveling. We were extremely careful, but you never know . . .

I haven't sewn a stitch by machine for almost 3 weeks, though I did quite a bit of hand embroidery. In our accumulated mail I found the new BLOCK magazine, the AP&Q magazine, and my new Christmas Art to Heart book from QIAD. I can't wait to dive into so many projects! But chores first - And I hear Tina's annual Christmas swap is almost ready to be up and running! Can't wait to sew something festive! Happy weekend to us all!

mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:43 am

Good morning all! Not much planned for today. Watching the last day of the Ascot Races. Just not the same without all the pomp and circumstances. Going to drive to Bryan to the Chief store. Their deli is so good and all homemade. Just want to get out a bit and drive new car.

This afternoon will get the laundry done and run the dishwasher. Also need to water my petunias today. Earlier it was always raining and now it is so dry. Such is NW Ohio summer.

Thought you might like this saying I cut out of my newspaper. "Social distancing - If you can smell the fart they are too close". It made me laugh so thought I would share it with you.

Well better get going for the day. Hope everyone has a safe and good day. Still don't get all this mess going on in the country. I am afraid that America will never be the same again. Pray for our country.

Sherry

Return to โ€œSew insโ€