Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday June 18,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday June 18,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:05 am

Good morning Everyone,
Yesterday I made a visit to the chiropractors office I pull the back part of my sholder he was able to put me back and today I feel good as new knock wood.
So today I will just be in my sewing room.

Well that's all the news here I hope everyone has a good day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday June 18,2020

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:15 am

Hi Lois glad the chiro was able to fix you up/ A bit cloudy here very warm 80s. I dont have a lot planned we went to see my DDs new patio set and it is beautiful all Amish made. Even the furniture covers are amish made. it is all made of synthetic wood and gaurenteed for a life time. The same stuff they use to make the decking that is non wood...we sat their on their patio with her neighbors we know these folks for a few years too...it was a nice evening. we came home and i went stright to bed...slept in till 730 this morning..
Coffee is needed to fuel the day...hope your bobbin stays full I might try to load the snowmen onto the LA today if nothing else pops up/ XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:31 am

Good morning,

What an upside down country it has become. I am thankful that I live in my podunk little town and can work from home. Not even sure I want to go into town. It's crazy out there.

Judi, did you get those plants replanted? I would check out thrift stores if they are open. Facebook also has sale and swap pages there might be one in your area.

Flo, yay for no bra. I haven't worn a bra or shoes, unless I go someplace, since I have been working from home. Nice that your son comes home on weekends. how is everyone settling in there?

Becca, there is a product called Not Tonight Deer. not sure if it works but it's a funny name. We tried everything to keep deer out of our garden. Finally Jerry put the garden in a cage. We have a zillion tomatoes that aren't deer or squirrel food.

Diane, I bet you could bind a quilt in your sleep. glad you found the panels.

Sherry, we are supposed to get hot the rest of this week and through the weekend. up to 105*. hope your new fridge is perfect. We still haven't gotten a dryer. We are waiting for the July 4th ads.

Lois, glad that shoulder is good as new.

Jana, hope you can send that bedding back. it does sound awful.

Lori, it is nice to get out. sounds like it was a good time.

Our new neighbors are slowly moving in. They have given their notice in their old place. Last weekend they had a feed. it's usually tacos. they came and got us so we could come eat. Sounds like this might be a weekly thing once they are here. Jerry will make a sweet something for dessert so we can contribute.

I asked the mom if she always ate Mexican food and she said yes but wanted more variety. Our plan is to take over a dinner or two and make lasagna or something like fried chicken and tater salad.

Now that makes me curious, what is your favorite pot luck type dish?

Gotta shower and prepare for that commute. you all have a marvelous day
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:47 am

Good morning!

I have my little termite this morning. Ethan spent the night and is still asleep. Sarah has a DDS appointment very early, so it was easier to have Ethan stay here.

Not much here. Worked and quilted the last 6 watermelon placemats that Sarah made yesterday. Now on to their binding. Sarah made these placemats awhile ago and brought them here to me to finish. Like I don't have any UFO's of my own! LOL!

Ethan and I have some weeding to do in the potato patch this morning. Then I will be back in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:48 am

Morning
Well, new steri strip on. 2 weeks more easy does it. I can take bra off to sleep, but need to wear it during day 2 more weeks.
Hair cut. Did get to Joann's. Bought a lot of little things I needed and filled my eyes with possibilities of fabric.
Trainer they want to out Joe with on vacation til end of next week so today he finds out if they will reassign him or pay him to stay home and get things done.
Time to get busy.
Flo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:58 am

Good Cloudy Damp Cool Morning..............

Well I finally did it. I called the police on my smoky next door neighbors. It made the lake look like it was covered in fog. The fire dept came in a big fire truck. I also called my across the road neighbor to give her heads up so when she saw the truck she would not panic. She could see the fire was between our two houses & there was 2 people putting sticks & leaves on it. It was way too close to the houses. She also called the to complain. So we now have an agreement to let each other know if we see anything & we'll both call the police. Well also call on there free running dog.....the one that pees on my porch all the time.
That's my big story!

I had a man come look at the crack in the basement. It will require digging out side & removing some of the patio. So that will be done on the next 2 weeks. The front walkway & wall and the 15' of the wall on the road. I all most fell over when he said "at least $5,000"! I'll look around for some other estimates.

Today I'll finish my flower planting & the 4 tomato plants.

I need to come up with a solution for extending my panel on the 'you are my sunshine' quilt that doesn't look like a fix.

Lois.......glad you shoulder is feeling better.

Judi.....that patio set wonderful & will last a long time.

Love & Prayers....................Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:04 am

Good morning everyone. Pork is in the crock pot, pulled pork sandwiches tonight for dinner. May make a potato salad to go with it, or maybe just a green salad. Not sure yet.

Going to hit 95-100 today. AC is going on real soon.

Found all the instructions and finished cutting my UFO. It is packed up in project box. Clipped each set of instructions to each stack of fabric for those instructions and it is ready to go. I am going to stop at Teresa's on my way to Vegas. Stay a couple of nights. I can sew and she can supervise. I drive within 10 miles of her house so stopping works. We always have a nice time.

DH goes back to work full time tomorrow. Thank you Jesus. Talk about under foot!

I have a list of things to do including starting the packing for my trip. Was able to find a small container of disinfecting wipes in case I need them on the way. Going to put together a few new masks also. I have lots of hand gel so should be set.

Need to put together instructions for my daughter to follow as caregiver has decided to stay in Arizona for a few more days and won't be back to care for Dad until the 28th. She doesn't see him much so is not familiar with his routine. DGS should be able to help guide her also. And I am only a phone call away.

Well need to get a few things done outside before the temp starts to soar. It's expected to be 80 by 10 am so best get started.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:41 am

Good Morning Girls

Here I am, late as usual. Had to have a couple cups of coffee on the deck and haul the garbage out to the curl before I forgot... again!

Lois... Glad the chiro was able to put you back together again... much easier to sew when all your parts are in the right places!

Judi... Nice to sit on the deck and relax isn't it? the mosquitoes didn't get you? They are not super bad here lately, too dry.. We need rain really badly, but I'm not looking forward to the side effect of it---Mosquitoes!!!

Chriss….. How fun to have your new family moving in! And to be able to get to know them and share stories! My go-to pot luck... in the summer time... is my famous Tuna Salad WITHOUT PEAS! It's given that I won't put peas in my salad... If you want peas, you have to add your own. Once in a while I make my Mom's potato salad. For my oldest brother I have to make a batch without eggs... for some reason he won't touch 'em!

Jana.....What a nice Mommy you are... to finish up Sarah's UFO! What we don't do for our kids right?

Flo..., Did you find everything you need at Joann? I'm debating getting my butt in gear and going to Joann today. There are two relatively near me, one smaller than the other... So I might venture out and go to the big one!

Kathy.... Glad you finally called the Police!!!! I always flip when somebody tells me how expensive things are to fix.... concrete work is expensive though.. I had to have the apron in front of my garage fixed a few years ago. Hopefully you can shop around a little and find a good deal!

Valerie... How nice you can stop at Teresa's on your way! Hope she is feeling better from her surgery when you get there! Just set her up in a comfy chair so she can keep an eye on you . :lol: :lol:

Time for more coffee... then I guess I'll take a shower and run to Joann. There's major road construction on the highway near me, so guess I'll take a back road... Traffic will be worse tomorrow so guess I better go today!

Wishing you all a Happy Day

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am

Hello all. I know I’ve been missing in action. The stress my mom has put me in this past week set me into a spiral of depression hate and madness. It took me back to my teen years and I ran from that the minute I could then and shut down the past couple days to get her outnof my head. 🥺

It’s like a freaking roller coaster ride the calm chug up the hill, the sick feeling flying down the hill, the thought of what was I thinking thru the loop d loops then the thank God it’s over when it ends. That’s her moods in a nut shell.

Today was run day. Had to get DD a hair cut first one since pandemic hit she had a mini mullet going on with momma cutting bangs and sides away from mouth 😂😂
She looks sweet now like a lil princess.

Had to drop off Vaseline...did you know it cures cancer. Yup mom swears by it the cancer on her face(which she doesn’t have) has spread and gotten larger if she only had her vaseline to help it go away. 5 calls a day to me and I finally got the social worker to deliver the miracle cream up to her room.🙄🙄🙄

I’m sorry really nothing else to talk about. I did get a 27ft camper trailer purchased DH has the pad built and we should get possession in 7 to 10 days. Mommas new home. It’s really pretty although she has agreed to it she will never let me forget how everything she will hate. Ugh 😩

I am trying to sew like mad woman today to finish UGRR blocks to get in mail in morning. Sorry ladies I’m the dead beet this swap.

Well need to get back to sewing. Hugs 🤗 prayer 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:43 pm

Boy there are some people that shouldn' be allowed a computer! ME! I had ordered some things from Wayfair - goofed and charged my purchases to my DDIL's account, thinking that it was on my charge account. Matt found everything and we finally got it all straightened out. We wondered why we were never charged for my quilt cabinet and kept checking our charge account for the charge - it never showed up and now we know why! We now have the paperwork to send back the bedding that is horribly ugly - even a dog would not want to chew it up - dog teeth marks would make a improvement!

Boy when I do something wrong - I do it big! LOL!

Izzy - my heart goes out to you and I do understand all the things that moms can do. Hang in there girlfriend - we are here to listen - anytime!

Hugs
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”