Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday June 16,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday June 16,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:39 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Well yesterday was a great day I went to Hobby Lobby and the fabric warehouse they had everything in place people abided by the rules everytime cleaning the register spot where you lay your stuff down all customers wore mask as well as employees in both places found all I wanted for now I am 1 happy Lady.
Today Bill is helping our nephew move into there new house and I have the day to myself.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Tuesday June 16,2020

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:10 am

Morning Lois & all to follow
Today I plan on playing in sewing room. My son wants a seat organizer for his big rig. Need to figure it out so tomorrow when I hit Joann's I can get anything I am needing.
Things here are ok. Tomorrow I get my stitches out from scar revision.
Stay cool
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 am

Good Morning, another beautiful day,,,Ran errands all day yesterday and got everything done...Ken will hook the camper up to water so I can flush the system and giver a good cleaning,,trying to get out of town next week. for a few days,,,close to home but in a nice camp resort...a few days..a break. Sis has a new motorhome she hasnt even used yet so she will go too. If we can get in,,,
Sewing on the catherderal windows was a disaster...the scraps I used for the backround were too dense and nothing would lay flat. Canning that project nothing but scraps invested in it so nothing lost.....this is a pillow that thin inexpensibe fabric would probably work best for the top/ might try again might not..well I need some coffee and get things done have a wonderful day,,,High today 80...sun and blue skies...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:33 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here Yesterday we had sun with a couple thunderstorms
Flo Glad the stitches are coming out
Judi Glad you are getting to go camping
I think we all have projects like that
Lois So glad you had such a successful day
Nice to enjoy going out again

I have mumbo dance going Not sure after that what I will get into yet Have a great day everyone Becca
I did get flowers transplanted yesterday Also found that the deer ate two tomatoes plants plus hosta & the blooms off all my black eyed Susan’s Can’t have anything with deers around

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:46 am

Lois - you sure had a great day yesterday. Didn't it feel good to get out?

Flo - I'm interested in seeing the seat organizer when you are finished. I maybe could make Don one. Right now I can't imagine what it will look like.

Judi - I'm jealous of your camping trip. We don't go again until July 10th. Did you make rezzies at the camp resort so you're sure to get a spot? Sorry about your Cathedral Windows. I made my DD a queen size one - used muslin for the background. It took me forever. I started it then put it down and eventually picked it up again. I sewed the background squares on the machine but sewed in the little squares by hand.

Over the weekend we worked in the backyard again - power washed the back of the house and got started power washing the privacy fence. It'll take several more days to get that fence done. That was Saturday. On Sunday we went to a Texas Roadhouse located between us and my DD for Clayton's graduation celebration. We didn't get to go to the actual commencement due to Covid. I loved seeing every body and I DID hug. Just couldn't help it.

I hope you can all fondle fabric today.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:13 am

Good morning all! Busy day today. They are bringing my new refrigerator between noon and four so need to get it emptied. Hope I don't lose too much of my food. After they leave and I get everything in the new one then I need to mop the kitchen floor either today or tomorrow. Seems like if it isn't one thing it is another. Hope things calm down for next couple of weeks before I go to Rob's in Elkhart for 4th of July.

I have got Royal Ascot on the TV but don't know how much I will see today. It is on all week so I can watch more of it then.

Well better get going. Hope everyone has a good and wonderful day.

Sherry

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:21 am

Good morning!

Well, today the cloud cover has appeared, which means a storm front is approaching. Michael studied meteorology at one time, so has been teaching me how to read the sky, to know what is going on. We need a bit of rain.

One last cat quilt block to fuse. Then I am caught up until the first of July. That is when the new block is available.

Found the drapes I want for the front bedroom, but alas, I have to wait, as they are out of stock until the 29th of June. The bedding arrives today, so that will be fun to unpack and see.

Not much else. Michael has a work call. Our new grocery store opened and Sarah went to see. I need to go now. I need a card to send to a friend in our old Ward in California. We learned yesterday of the passing of her husband. We were friends for many years. He was only one week older than me. Kind of brings things a little close. He passed from a long battle with cancer.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:37 am

Happy Tuesday

Not a lot new today. Car is still in the shop. Turns out the stop/start switch was bad. Good thing I took it in, he said what would happen eventually is either the car would not start, or it would not turn off. I have had cars not start, but never not turn off! That would not have been fun on my trip.

New Hobby Lobby opening in Fairfield, just a hop skip and a jump away. I prefer LQS for fabric but HL has a lot of great stuff.

Flo look on Pintrest, they have lots of ideas for vehicle organizers.

Becca I found a product this year that you can put around your garden to keep the deer out. I put is over the herb garden and wine barrels to keep the birds out. It worked great. Got if at Walmart garden area.

Jana sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for his family.

Made another crumb block yesterday and have another started. I have a quilt I started awhile back that I need to figure out where I am at with it. Of all the things, I didn't write which fabric was which and now I am trying to figure it out by the blocks I already made. Only 3 fabrics. How hard could this be, well?

Should stay below 80 today but up into the 90's Wed and Thursday. UGH! I think we are done with rain for several months at least. Summer has come to California.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 am

Good Morning girls

Yikes... another HOT one on the way here... might have to break down and turn on the AC... Headed towards 90 and lots of humidity!

Lois.... Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday! How fun to wander around HL! It's a dangerous place for me... so much fun home décor stuff.... and I certainly don't need any more stuff in my house! Glad you had such a great time!

Flo.... Do you have your Joann list started? I keep a little notebook in my purse.. JUST for my Joann "want list" Got your coupons? App on your phone?

Judi.... Good to hear you are finally able to go camping! I bet your sis is anxious to take her new camper on the road! A maiden voyage for her! Has she "christened" it yet? Like they do with big ships?

Becca... those darn deer! My Dad had beautiful gardens, but the deer would come up and eat it all! Made him so mad... and he was always worried about deer tics! So be careful out there!

Cindy.... Sometimes you just have to go for it... and HUG! Gosh I miss those hugs!

Sherry..... I don't know if I'd watch the horse racing part of the Ascot... but I'd sure like to see all the fancy hats! I love Hats!

Jana..... Send some of the rain here once you are done with it! Though I think it's in the forecast here too. We've had several windy days here and I think that's a sign something is coming... especially when it gets HOT here too! I'm ready for some cooling rain!

Valerie... I got a chuckle out of your quilt with unknown pieces! I have cut pieces in zippy bags from probably 10 years ago that I sure don't remember what I was thinking! And a shoe box with 5" charms put together with diagonal lines drawn... sure can't remember what I was going to do with that!

Got a text from Maryz yesterday... internet and cell service where they are camping is pretty iffy.... and their weather hasn't been great--even had snow! So they are heading home early... tomorrow instead of Sunday.. So she'll be back soon!

For now I need more coffee and then a jump in the shower. This afternoon I'm heading up to beauty salon for some much needed happy color in my hair---need my blond streaks back...

Wishing you all a HAPPY Tuesday!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:24 am

Morning.

I got the boys walked and grocery shopping done. I didn't get my quilts layered yesterday. Got busy with everything else. Maybe today. I have a roll of 20 yards of batting, so I can layer quite a few.

Valerie, I think I would have just passed on a project if I wasn't sure how it went together. I'm real good about getting rid of things at this point in my life. Especially having to move, sort, and clean things in 2 houses.

Maryq, I bet it will be nice to get your hair done. I haven't done that yet, but it's on the long list of things to do. My hair is really long. I keep a list of things I need at JoAnn's and the LQS. I tend to forget why I'm there and buy stuff I didn't need and forget the things I did.

Judi, glad you are getting to go camping. I bet it will be so great to get out.

Lois, a little retail therapy does a person good. Glad you had a good day yesterday.

I got to run.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”