Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 17, 2020

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Monday June 17, 2020

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:25 am

Morning
Maryq, my son & his family still live here & will til close to end of year.
Joe is in indoc til Wednesday so he comes home at night. Thursday he takes off on road. My son is home every weekend so that helps .
Wednesday I have doc appt in Springfield so I am treating myself to a haircut & Joann's trip.
Everyone stay cool.
Flo

fabricgirl

Re: Monday June 17, 2020

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 am

Good morning Flo and all who follow,

Well today the state opens up retail and outdoor dinning so I'm going to mask up and I have a list so I'm going to pay a visit to the fabric stores I haven't been anywhere besides food stores in almost 4 months.

Flo enjoy your day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:09 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here after rain yesterday Has cooled down to 54
Flo Glad you have someone with you

Lois Enjoy your outing I find it stressful to go out now Everything is so different & People seem to be on edge &in a hurry to get done

I have no plan laid out for today Unusual for me We are to have rain Hope everyone stays well & happy Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:21 am

Good morning...it is sunny and bright...I am off to get labs done this morning,,,I am fasting but am ok in the morning,,I will stop at the grocery store after that,,,I still wear a mask as I go out aroud folks I dont know...but we visited friends and hugged yesterday,,,they have done exactly the same things we have done for the last seems like forever. human contact sooths the soul with hugs. I saw a lady in the LQS we havent seen in quite some time...she hugged us...that was 2 weeks ago, we are fine with it...We are trying to get out to camp in the next week or so...I am excited to go somewhere and use the camper I have watchied in my driveway for months. We have booked a place in FLorida for February and we are excited to do our winter vacation again missed it this year...we also booked 2 weeked in the upper penninsula for fall...hoping this virus will go away.
I did get the binding on my quilt now to sew it down...I need to quilt #2 and get it finished...that should be soon...my LA is set and ready to load...I did start a pillow with cathederal windows it is so cute I couldnt resist...It is a one day project but lots of ironing involved..If you are inyerested I found it on the Shabby Fabrics videos...I will do a yoyo pillow also...using up stuff I have including 4 pillow forms in the closet. well I need to get out of here...hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:46 am

Good morning!

Looks to be a wonderful day here in paradise. The sun is up shining brightly over the mountain tops. Which, by the way, have no more snow on them. Maybe a small patch, that is a glacier, in folds of the mountain. A bit early for it to be gone. Sometimes we make it to July, but not this year. The mountains are quite green, so that will make for some spectacular fall foliage.

Ethan stopped over yesterday on his way home from church. They went to their Ward, as Sarah does the music. Ethan was singing here at the house, at the top of his voice. Now it won't be bad, when he learns to sing on key! He loves to sing and that won't be discouraged!

I will stitch together a back for a top and get it going on Robin, my LA. It is a very modern looking top, not one of my favorites, but it came out nicely. I am very much a traditionalist in quilting, liking patchwork, even though I find myself doing lots of applique patterns. I realized that as a young girl, I loved paper dolls, cutting all the clothes and accessories out, being very fussy as I did. Now, I do the same with applique pieces parts. But still love the challenge of patchwork, making all the points match and be sharp.

My new grocery store opens this morning, but I think I will wait, until the newness wears off and not so many people. It is a 24 hour store, so who knows, may do my shopping at 2 a.m. when smart, lol, people are asleep!

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:47 am

Good morning everyone,

Up early, car service at 7:30. The smart entry system light keeps coming on. It lets me in and the car starts okay but don’t want to have a problem on my trip.

Flo hope Joe got off okay. Always thought a truck driver would be a fun job. Get to see so many places and things.

Judi those little bugs love me too. Can be out with 20 other people and I am the one they bite!

Jana numbers are spiking here too. I am sure some of it is more testing being done but concerned that many people are out and about and not wearing masks. I try to stay home but if I go out, mask goes on.

Kathy hot and smells funny, yes I think I would get a new one,

Lori I am not having a lot of mojo going on here either. I did start a crumb block yesterday but only about ½ done. Will try to work on some more today.

Maryq I did get a new job but doesn’t start until July 1 so I am cruising through June! Caregiver is on vacation so caring for Dad full time also.

I have to get over to Kaiser today after my car gets done to get a TB test. Will also contact a friend nurse practitioner I know as she will do a physical for me. Then I will have everything I need for new job.

New job will be easy at first as it is taking phone calls overnight. I am told there are not too many patients up my way yet so it will be slow at first. I will likely spend most of my shift sleeping. Gee, getting paid to sleep sounds good to me. I will ask for a day time position in the future.

SSHHH don’t tell DH but there is a new quilt shop in Vacaville. The one in Winters moved there when A Quilted Heart closed. It is in an old Bank of America building. They also have a yarn shop. It is huge. Batik wall is one of the largest I have seen. Every ruler you could think of. Nice selection of patterns. Once I am back to work, look out here I come! I did pick up a bias tape maker yesterday and a spool of thread.

Guess I better start thinking about breakfast and getting ready to deliver the car.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:26 am

Good Beautiful Sunny Morning..........

First let me say here in the NE it is June 15......I know that because the 14th was my DD2's B'day. What a fun day she had.....peach picking. She said there were 15 different kinds.

Well the house is all cleaned at the same time, no cleaning anything today. I'm waiting for the A/C man today it's time for there annual check up. Today I'm starting my 1st "You are My Sunshine" quilt. I cheated & bought 2 kits. I used to sing that song to my babies.

It's been cool here, right now it's 59* & I have the windows open & a sweatshirt on. In general it's dull here.

Flo........have a wonderful time looking forward to the shopping trip. Maybe you could find some lunch.

Lois.......looks like your going to have a fun day. Wish I was with you. Let us know what you find.

Becca......no rain due here for at least 7 days, Make today a sewing day!

Judi........it must make you feel great having travel plans.

Love & Prayers............Kathy

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:50 am

Good morning from SC. We have had rain for the whole weekend and will not see the sun till Sunday. Thinking of building a boat.

Jana- thank you for the beautiful start of my day. It starts me off with a smile, especially when its raining here.

A new quilt shop--wait for me--enjoy the trip.

Computer acting up so will log off and come back later.
Diane

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:32 am

Good morning all! Just got back from Monday Bob Evans breakfast and got my Bible study finished. Love driving my new car. It is so nice, but have to get use to having a dial for the shift instead of an automatic stick gear shift. Need to get the book out and read because so many new things on it, and it is not a fancy car.

Sunday my refrigerator bit the dust. It is almost 20 years old so I went to Lowe's and got a new one. DH picked out our old one and it is a 2 door side by side with water and ice maker. I just wanted a basic black refrigerator with the freezer on the top and no water or ice maker. They had what I wanted in stock and are delivering it tomorrow. Since it wasn't fancy it was not as bad a price as I thought it would be. If I had had to order one it would have taken at least 3 weeks to get it.

The weather here is beautiful, but will be getting hot and humid in a couple of days. Mowed the yard yesterday. Doug came over and mowed beside my barn where it had been wet. He also mowed my ditch and did a fantastic job. it had been so full of water until this week. After he left I finished up the rest of the yard. Another job done for this week.

Well, better get going. Going to watch a lot of horse racing this week. It is Royal Ascot week. I love to watch British racing. The Queen is always there and many of her family.

Hope everyone has a nice and beautiful week.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 am

Good morning.

The boys have been walked. Laundry is started and now I'm having coffee before I vacuum. Might need to dust as well today.

Sherry, I love Bob Evans sausage patties. We had some at home when we were in Illinois. You can't get it out here.

Diane, that's a lot of rain. Hope you get some beautiful sunshine after it's done.

Kathy, I love days when everything is done and you get to enjoy. Not many of those here.

Valerie, a new quilt shop sounds fun. Maybe it will jump start your creativity.

Jana, I love to hear children singing. They are so happy and cheerful.

Judi, glad you got some get away's booked. I have a quilt retreat next month. So looking forward to that.

Lois, hope you are having fun at the quilt shops. I bet there is lots of new stuff to see.

Flo, I need a haircut too. Maybe I'll venture out to see if I can find a place to do it.

I'm going to layer a few quilts today. Maybe that will get me motivated to sew.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”