Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, May 3rd

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, May 3rd

Post by suzette58 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:38 am

Good morning everyone.
I hope everyone is doing well this morning. According to the weatherman most of the day will be nice until late afternoon. We are supposed to have some rough storms. Of course we set a a small metal table and chairs outside. I hope it doesn’t get to windy. Yesterday the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds flew over Maryland, DC, and Atlanta to thank the frontline workers. When things like this happen it makes me miss home. The pictures I have seen were awesome. Today I am going to work on my Brown Bag Mystery quilts. I hope everyone has a great day. I am off to get another cup of coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, May 3rd

Post by fabricgirl » Sun May 03, 2020 3:03 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,
Today I woke up to rain and not sure when it will be gone I'm sewing the binding down on my table runner and then it will be on to something else.

Suzette have fun with the brown bag quilt.
Mary Z that was a nice birthday gift Bill is definitely a keeper.

Well it's time for more coffee everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun May 03, 2020 4:53 am

3rd time I lost a long post--Why? GRR!! Happened to other day too.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 03, 2020 4:58 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - I think that must have been an awesome sight - the Blue Angels and the T-birds! They give me goose bumps and bring tears to my eyes.

LOIS - you finished off that tablerunner quickly! It's for the kids' new house, right? Do they have a date set to move in yet?

CHRISS - so happy to hear that Jerry is improving and the Covid test came back negative. With all the virus talk, it's easy to forget there are other things out there! Don't forget, pneumonia is contagious, too!

KATHY - did you decide to go see your sister?

MARY Q - your house is all sparkly now, right? Please don't set the bar too high!

IZZY - that sounds like a lot of hard work happening at your house! But you'll be happy about it later when those garden treats come on!

Yesterday was a rainy day here. Today should be more so with some wind and T&L possible. I hope we can get in a walk between showers. Bill loaded my Paris quilt on the frame yesterday. Hopefully today he'll get started quilting. No rush, but it would be nice to have it (and 12 others!) done. I did laundry, puttered around the house, made some crazy blocks. Today, I have more masks to make. I had a request from a family of 10. At least my requests are coming in smaller batches. Plus I have two sets of spring blocks to put together an one set of Lotto blocks, so I don't lack for anything to do. This morning I plan to put chili into the crockpot and tonite I'll make cornbread to go with.

I hope we are all still healthy!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 03, 2020 5:07 am

Good morning!

Woke to raining noisily with thunder and lightning thrown in to make sure I knew about it. We got the potato patch mostly tilled yesterday. Another run through the patch and we are ready to plant. Ethan was the adorable helper, aiding Grandpa mowing the lawn or whatever Sarah needed. Me - I spifted up the BBQ on the deck. It all looks pretty now! I am laughing at the garden's name, as there is a very rough area just outside the Golden Gate, where the ocean meets the currents of the bay. The sailors all call that area "the potato patch". Very bumpy to sail through. Now I have one here. I guess you take other home with you when you move.

Church is still at home. Since the beginning of March, we have been doing a home service. We think Church may be back in our chapels in late summer. Awhile yet. I have some of the hymns we sing for our services picked out, ready to send my music people. All my favorites, I have missed singing these past weeks. Since I get to arrange the music, I get my favorites first! LOL!

So I may be a little ol' sew n sew down in the Batt Cave later today.

Stay safe!
Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 03, 2020 5:07 am

Good morning,,Happy Sunday, Warm and sunny here windows opened all night,,,we will go to mid 70s today...Spent a good time yesterday,,,we had a drive by birthday parade for my daughter in law....handed presents out the car window...and tooted the horns....She was impressed about 20 cars showed up/ Her husband my son cooked her king crab legs lobster and steak for her birthday dinner...(wish we could have stayed for dinner) but social ditancing, and covid made that not a gret idea. it was fun
We actually had Chipotle carry out for dinner and it was good too...
I will do a little cleaning and some laundry today and make burgers on the grill..I need to find some charcoal...its in the basement somewhere, and clean the grill...that will be my plans for today....will make masks too...I will send out a mask post tomorrow for thise that need then. I have 30-40 made. elastic is scheduled to come this week but no one is getting their orders so far...
Maryz I have a rolling tote for my babylock from Ken a few years ago...hold my machine and an entire project and tools...I use it if I go to a class or retreat...none of that is hapening right now...if you have space it is a great way to take all your stuff camping in one rolling tote....a great gift.
Well I need to get rolling...hope you have a great day,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO
wonder wht ever is going on with some of the gals who used to post here a lot and now are gone....are they reading ? or lurking? say hi once and a while....Chriss no flannel yet.....I did get some plain gtube pads made for the little girl but will get more when the flanell comes...

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:30 am

Good morning all
I have been busy in my gardens. It will be at least middle of june to get flower beds the way I want. I took a big risk and went and got dirt and mulch at Lowes also bought a cute cement snail. If I am going to be here all the time its going to be cute and pretty lol I did make a few mask for me and my sister. Illinois is required to wear them. Weather is cooperating so will be back in my gardens today.
Boy our lives have changed. But everyone hang in there.
My flowers from QVC have began to arrive. I planted some yesterday and daylilies today.
Judi I am here . lol Just gardening and have had a sick Boo. I took him to vet and got more meds still not gone. But yesterday found a place that looked like infantago. Yes dogs get this . so ran over they gave me soaked clothes to wipe him with. some type baterial wipe.
Maryz Sorry I missed your birthday Happy Birthday.
Suzette Hope your storms are not too bad or stay away. Yes I set my deck up too.
Well its off to my gardens. I promise I will try to get here more.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun May 03, 2020 7:34 am

Good Morning Girls

I'm UP! Though I could have easily stayed in my nice warm bed... those birds outside are really noisy. They start chirping and singing at 5:30am! What's up with that! Decided I better get up and get busy stitching today!

Suzette... Isn't it grand to be able sit out side with cup of coffee! It's a new part of my morning routine... and fortunately I have a BIG yard so nobody can see me if I go out in my jammies!

Lois.... What's your next project? I've been printing out June Bride, by Fat Cat.... And the Owls and the Cats... Might take a break from masks and do something FUN!

Maryz…. Don't worry about me setting the bar too high! Yes I did get some uglies done, but typical me, I make messes again! BUT floors are mopped, dust is tamed, toilets are clean, threads are vac'd. OH My I totally forgot about the spring blocks to do! Maybe I'll dig those out and play with them!

Jana.... When God handed out talents.... I thought I was in line for singers, but I must have been in the wrong line... because I can't carry a tune at all. Sounds like you were in the right line to get the musical talent!

Judi.... Do you need flannel? I have lots of scrap pieces... I'd be happy share!

Katy.... I was wondering the other day if you weren't busy busy in your garden! Do you get the Gurney seed catalog... That was one of my Dad's favorites... He'd start in January making his list.

Just remembered that I was going to throw a roast in the crock pot this morning, so I better go do that! Then need to head downstairs, finish a load or two of laundry. One of the pharmacists I used to work with is coming over this afternoon to pick up a couple masks I made for her twin boys. I may make some for my former co-workers eventually, but need to fulfill the commitment I made to the mask group I'm in on FB. Now that the house is clean,... I can sew guilt-free

Wishing you all a Blessed Sunday

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 03, 2020 7:42 am

Good Day to All.

For all of you who have made so many masks, I'm sending you a pat on the back. I've done about 50. I'm not good at production type anything. When I had my knitting machine business, I loved designing products; mostly ski hats, head bands and Christmas socks. I would get an order for 300-400. After the first hundred, I really had to push myself to finish the rest. My last contract I hired a friend to help.

I know we all have mask patterns, but I just saw this one and like the one tie idea. If I make more, I will try these ties on the pattern I'm using.

https://learncreatesew.com/free-pattern ... bias-tape/

We are staying in Texas for the month or most of it. Just going to wait and see how all the opening ups go. Time to decide on which project I'm going to work on.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 03, 2020 9:14 pm

Good evening.

It's been an eventful weekend here. Saturday morning Jerry and Moose were outside having coffee then Moose comes to the door and whines to be let in. I let him in and the stinky dog goes straight to the back door where Jerry is. so I go to let him out and who is sitting in his chair unresponsive. Jerry. He had a seizure, likely from the mixture of antibiotics and dilantin. and I called 911. spent most of the day in town sitting in the hospital parking lot. Can't go into a hospital and wait with him while all of this virus stuff is on.

I didn't see the actual seizure but the aftermath where I couldn't get him to talk to me was pretty scary. I wasn't sure if it was a stroke or seizure. We will make a neurologist appointment tomorrow.

got the elastic I ordered from QIAD. Spent most of today making masks. I am going to finish up tomorrow. Just making two for each person in the family. The nurse told Jerry that it is good to have a mask but you really need two because you use one and it should be washed.

Valerie, your garden sounds great. I'm also concerned that we won't see any bees in our garden. Jerry thinks they will be there, I have doubts, I think the mesh is too small.

Lori, we are waiting for a delivery form Amazon. silliest thing. We ordered these sponges that Jerry uses. they have a green scrubby on one side. They are supposed to be delivered today by 9pm. I doubt they will get here today. I sent something to Michigan on Monday and it was due on friday but still isn't there. hope your orders show up soon. I do enjoy the wonderful blooms in the spring. Just have to take drugs.

Izzy, did you get your masks made? Once you get the hang of it they go pretty quickly.

Suzette, hope that storm flew right by.

Lois, bet that table runner will be one of many treasures you make for the kids.

Diane, why do you keep going poof?

Maryz, I didn't know pnmeuonia was contagious. I think if I was going to catch it I would have by now. I do know that pneumonia means I have to cook dinner until he gets healthy again, and I also know I am way out of practice.

Jana, On Facebook there is a "page" called California History. It's mostly pictures. there are some on the Golden Gate while it was being constructed. I thought of you.

Judi, what a great way for DIL to have a birthday. I see tracking stays the flannel is in Detroit. hope it gets there Monday.

Katy, here we are having trouble finding seeds or even plants for our gardens. hope yours thrives.

Maryq, a roast in the crockpot sounds like a great dinner. I made crummy spaghetti with not as much flavor as Jerry puts in his. but it filled the tummy. Are you still using your job jar? or project jar?

Lyn, great mask. I am using the one I found on Missouri quilt company website. they ahve a tie and an elastic one. they call for a 6x9 I am making mine 7x10. Hopefully this will all be over one day and the mask will be a distant memory. How is your dad?

I'm still working form home. I love it. I plan to sew a mask or two on my break or lunch time. I'd liek to get them all in the mail tomorrow. I also need to make a quick trip to the grocery store, I'm out of bread.

Anyway, that is my book, yu all have a great night.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”