Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

May 2,2020

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: May 2,2020

Post by Quiltmom » Sat May 02, 2020 8:02 am

Good morning all! Just got back from getting a few groceries and cat and dog food. Can't forget the furbablies. Also went to the bakery in town and got 4 of their pecan rolls. They are so good and will last quite a while. You have to call ahead to get them because they go so fast. Will have one for breakfast.

Supposed to be 70 today and windy but will wait until Monday to mow. Will work on sewing and reading. Since today is Kentucky Derby Day and there is no derby until fall they are doing a virtual one. It will be between all 13 of the Triple Crown Winners over the last 100 years. Should be interesting.

So glad Ohio is starting to open back up. It will be a little at a time but still going in the positive way.

Diane so glad the fundraiser for the Vet's CafΓ© went so well. Just shows what a wonderful country we have.

Well better go get some breakfast. Hope everyone has a good weekend and stay well.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 02, 2020 8:55 am

Good morning quilting world, a bit of dreary weather but other than that all is well.

Dad is still sleeping so thought I would stop in for a bit. Of course I had to buy a bit of fabric while I was here. Trying to do a scappy quilt and ran out of background. Ordered another 1/2 yd of two different ones. I am glad they are filling orders!

Some one else used to make a similar tote bag, she made one for my sister for me. That was years ago. I haven't seen her on here for a long time and can't quite remember her name but would if I heard it. It is on the tip of my tongue.

Chriss glad to hear Jerry is feeling better and Covid is negative.

Sherry that Derby sounds like it might to fun to watch. Will look into it. I don't usually care who wins the race but I love to see the fashions and the hats!

Mary glad your brother is feeling better. Prayers for continued well being.

We have a few things planted. 3 tomato plants, 2 zucchini, some strawberries (Dad's favorite), bell peppers, several herbs (marjoram didn't make it for some reason) a sereno pepper and a jalapeno pepper. We will see how things go. Haven't seen much in the way of bees so hoping zucchini's give at least a few. Someone was telling me the flowers are either male or female and they must be pollinated to produce fruit. I have no idea if that is true but I have been watching.

Well, need to get to the local farmer's market and then some chores done. Am going to try a mask pattern Lyn sent me today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 02, 2020 10:40 am

Maryq, hope you at least take a break outside to enjoy the day.

Chriss, I'm so glad to hear Jerry is doing better and will survive. Bummer your allergies don't let you enjoy all the fabulous fragrances that are blooming right now. I can smell our Jasmine right now and it is wonderful. The Honeysuckle is in bloom as well.

Valerie, your garden sounds wonderful. Lucky your farmer's market is open. Ours has been closed. I sure hope they open this month. I would love to buy my fresh produce from them instead of the market.

Lois, I watched a movie called "Dean" on Netflix. It was okay. I was able to get most of the binding done. Will finish up tonight.

Sherry, I love pecan rolls. I try to limit myself to one every once in a while.

Judi, glad you got to enjoy the camper a bit.

Diane, that is wonderful news about the cafe.

Maryz, sounds like a lovely happy hour. I need a happy hour with friends.

Well I just placed an order with QIAD. They had some precuts I liked and I also got rotary blades and an Accuquilt die, the half hexi. I also have orders in with Fatquarter shop, and Joann's. It's been a couple weeks since those orders, and still waiting. I ordered 20 yard roll of batting from Joann's on the 16th.
I may go to the LQS this week.

Don't know what I'll get into today, but I'm sure it will involve fabric. I posted a picture of my Spooky houses quilted. Also a picture of the back. I used a panel.

Have a great day.

Lori 8-)

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sat May 02, 2020 11:20 am

Hey everyone I’m in for break. Been out planting and moving flowers. We had this bed that was pretty much weeds n saplings and my overflow of flowers. Well got it all cleaned out moved the lillies and iris to the hill side and now fixed bed up as second garden. Planted tomatoes πŸ… peppers 🌢 cucumbers πŸ₯’ cantaloupe 🍈 squashes spaghetti and zucchini. Also put in 3 more grapes. Now have 9 total.

Headed back out now to work on flower beds overtaken by weeds.

Got to make 50 masks for DH work for Monday. KY opening up businesses slowly but all staff must wear masks. His work guys are in uproar over it. MEN!

Well nothing else new. 80 here today then rain tomorrow so I will sew tomorrow.

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitching 🧡
🐐izzy

Return to β€œSew ins”