Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, May 1

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, May 1

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:36 am

Good morning everyone.
I hope everyone is doing well. I have been up since 2am. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get back to sleep. Today is errand day. I have been trying to get most of the errands run in one day. I have to go to the dr to pay a bill, and grocery shop. I am hoping that Food Lion has some beef. If not I have to go to a small grocery and see what they have. I got my 4th clue for the Brown Bag mystery yesterday and I am hoping to get started on that today. Our oldest grand daughter’s wedding shower is the 23rd of this month. I am not sure that I will be going. People where I live are not being as careful as they should be. Well, have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, May 1

Post by fabricgirl » Fri May 01, 2020 2:52 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
We are suppose to be getting some nice weather next week its suppose to go up into the 70's I cant wait maybe I can finally sit on the deck.
Today I woke up stuffy itchy watery eyes oh those allergies are in full bloom.
So I will go in my sewing room later finish a few requested mask and get them out in the mail then I will Sandwich my table runner and finish it that will be for my son and Melissa.

Suzette I hope you find some beef and are able to take a nap later.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri May 01, 2020 5:03 am

Good morning,,It is suny and bright out there,,,I can see it all (I washed the first 4 windows yesterday) in my sewing room. I gutted and moved furnoture and cleaned dust and cobwebs...I threw away junk and moved my main sewing tation to the middle so I can walk around it. All day I still have a bit to go around the computer desk...and my 1800 treadle needs to be dusted. then done..Fabric is organized too...it was a job. Will retirn to mask making today as requests are coming in. Right now i need coffee. Have a wonderful day.XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO Suzette here is Michigan we have a 50-50 compliance...lots of protestors and lots of maskless, and lots that do not like the governors mandates...

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri May 01, 2020 5:04 am

Good sunny morn from Myrtle bch.
Suzette--they are opening up the area, hotels and such. WEE!! can't wait to see how fast the infected numbers will go. People are stupid and just will not listen to the professionals.
Lois--sorry you started your day being stuffy. Hope the warm sun will help. My DGGD, Riley 3, has problems also. What triggers you off? What flowers or trees ?
Mary--hope your DB is on the mend from the operation.
Today is the fund raiser for Vets cafe. It will be in the parking lot to collect money. I'll meet Joan (qov ) there and take quilts for binding from her. Susan, the pilot, came to drop off and pick up early in the week. Then back home and get the machine humming.
Luckily, DH and I have no one who has the virus. Stay home and please keep safe.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri May 01, 2020 5:12 am

Good morning everyone sunny Here & supposed to be warm
Suz I’ve heard beef is hard to find as well as chicken I think it’s the same most places Some masks & Some not

Lois Sorry about the allergies Mine have been worse this year too Sure there will be sewing in your day

Judi You must have been spring cleaning

With all this staying in even if I clean it’s just feels different Guess it’s just me because our lives are different
We have 1 more week of stay in but I’m sure it will open slowly
We have to go for DHs Blood work on Monday I sure don’t like going to a medical facility We will mask
Have a wonderful day everyone. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 01, 2020 6:20 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - Hope you find all you're looking for at the grocery. I've had 3 nights this week of waking up in the wee hours and not being able to go back to sleep. I hope we both catch up this weekend! I would be double-thinking the shower, too.

LOIS - hope those warm temps reach you soon! And your allergy eyes clear up!

JUDI - you can see clearly now! At least out of 4 windows! Good start. You really went to town on your sewing room! New room - new inspiration!

DIANE - good luck to the fundraiser. Will you be able to find out the total raised?

BECCA - it's different for everyone, I believe. Even for DH and I, who seldom go anywhere but chiropractor, mail, and groceries in normal times. It's a different feeling now.

KATHY - I should correct myself - the TP pattern is actually called "We're On A Roll". I forgot the "We're" yesterday. It's cute! It's done in batiks in the photograph, but I haven't looked at my fabrics yet to see what I have.

MARY Q - how is your brother today? What are you doing?

CINDY - when will your door be here - again?

CHRISS - how is Jerry doing??

Yesterday was house cleaning/sanitizing day. Then I had a couple of hours to play in my sewing room. No mask requests at the moment so I cleaned up some messes in my sewing room and made more crazy blocks. Our friends came at 3:30 for happy hour in the garage and they stayed until bedtime. I was zonked! Today - Bill needs to go to Tacoma. He says he ordered a birthday present for me and it finally came in and he has to go pick it up. haha! My birthday was 6 weeks ago. With all this shut down business I never noticed there were no presents! So he asked me if I wanted to ride along. I really need a few things at Joann's which is near where he says he has to go. Do I dare go in the store, masked and gloved? It's too late to call for curbside service . . . .

Later, dearies!

mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri May 01, 2020 7:11 am

Good morning all! It is a beautiful day here. Rained off and on for last couple of days. Will be getting the John Deere out on Monday to mow. Not much planned for today except may-be some cleaning and laundry. My asthma has been kicking up so just not doing much.

Did get a pack of 5 cloth masks that a lady has been making here in town. They were at Goin Postal when I was there. Have 2 of them in plastic bags in my car and purse just in case I go to a store that requires them. They are very pretty prints.

Today Ohio is starting to open back up. No date yet for barber shops or hair salons. Thank God this seems to not be as bad as they first thought it was going to be.

Well, time to get some breakfast for all of us. Hope everyone has a safe and happy day.

Sherry

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:36 am

Well, we get a daily update on the total new cases since yesterday morning. Always at 9am. This morning’s is over 1,000. Today most people at the grocery were not wearing masks. Even the checkers. I did find beef but still no TP. But, I did get everything we needed. I just finished cleaning the house for today. I am hoping to get some sewing done but am not sure since I didn’t sleep well. We will see. Have a good rest of the day.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 01, 2020 7:48 am

Good morning!

Utah is starting to reopen today. Still asking us older to stay in. Many businesses will open, but a few are saying they will wait and see before opening. Here in Utah, the social distancing of 6 feet is hugely helping.

We got to visit with Stu yesterday. It was great to see our Sasquatch! He is so in need of a haircut! Looks like my long haired hippie grandson!

Ethan enjoyed the F-35 flyover yesterday. Their path heading south over Utah, took them over my house twice. We were special! LOL!

Sarah will be here to get my garden going. Not only potatoes, but cucumbers, cantalope and watermelon. Sarah was early in ordering what seeds she wanted, as now all the seed companies she orders from are out of stock until next year. Many more are doing gardens this year.

I didn't get my new tote started yesterday, so maybe today.

Stay safe! I am being a very slow tortoise in the race in reopening!

Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 01, 2020 7:51 am

Suzette - our new virus numbers come later in the day, but we are only about 150 a day new or so and only have lost 46 total lives since the beginning. I keep watching hoping, and praying for the trend downward. We are testing many more per day as well.

Return to “Sew ins”