Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday April 30,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday April 30,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:18 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was our chiropractors visit and it sure felt really good.
They also are opening up some of the state parks with social distancing my husband was happy he will be able to do some fishing.
This morning I got an email about hobby lobby opening I got so excited that I didn't read the email properly it said SELECTED ones to click to see if 1 is opening up in your area none for me.

Yesterday I was looking at something on facebook for American Quilt Society they had this quilter livestream from her house her name was Kimberly Einmo so I wanted to make her bigger on my screen and some how she wound up on my tv when I was done watching I hit disconnect I couldn't get rid of a screen to go back to my regular tv so I had to get my granddaughter Olivia to help me she did it good to have someone who knows .
Today is ugly day and then some sewing.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all in need.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday April 30,2020

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:56 am

Good Morning Lois. It is rainy and warm here,,,we will be in the 50 and 60s again...we may hit 71 on sunday...that is great news..I am so looking forward to warm weather,,,My tulip are blooming. ( the few that the squirrels havent dug up and eaten). I have masked cut and some ties made but I am tired of the chore so I will clean and rearrange my sewing room today. we will have left overs for supper..
We did go for a little ride last night...stopped at the dairy and picked up milk..then swing by DDs house to drop off some masks and Liams clothes that were accumulating here,,,If I dont get them back to them he outgrows them...Both boys are now taller than me and Sophia is catching up. THeir newest hobby is making videos...on line with their friends,,,very cute,,Liam saved his money and bought a camera and he does videos too...The kids know how to make a best of a situation... well I need coffee amd to get this show on the road...have a wonderful day...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:16 am

Good morning everyone.
Last night was a rough night. We had a pretty rough storm. My husband was out on the carport and a huge gust of wind blew into it and blew our storm door open. Thank goodness it didn’t break. Then I looked up at the ceiling and the attic access was open. It is just a board over the opening. I finished my latest clue on the Brown Bag Mystery quilts. We have one or two more before we start putting them together. Today if I can get some energy I will put the last border on the Spring Jubilee quilt. But, it may not happen we will see. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:01 am

Good early morning!

We are just right, temp wise. A nice 70, not too cold and not to hot. But that will change when the sun pops over the mountains. Stu, Sarah and Ethan will be here today. Stu will till the bed for the potatoes, Sarah wil get the drip system running and Ethan and I will watch the flyover by the F-35's. We are in the best spot, at my house. They go by me twice on their route to St George, before their return back to HAFB. The info says they will be flying about 1000 ft from the deck, ie, ground level.

Worked a bit on a skinnie, I started awhile back. Hard to get back in the swing of sewing for me projects.

We have to shuttle two of our cars down to be smog tested and get the tags for this year. We will leave them at the shop and pick them up later. Not looking forward to that, but it is a necessary evil, by state law. Put it off to the last day, which is so not like us.

Stay safe, be a tortoise with all the openings!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here after a night of rain So glad we didn’t get the storms
Suz Sorry you had storms I don’t like them

Judi Glad you at least got to go for a ride

Lois Glad your parks are opening Sorry about Hobby Lobby I love their store

Maryq Happy DB did good Hope his recovery goes well I had a friend that had that too

Chris Praying for Jerry to get help & for you too

I got a lot done yesterday Didn’t sleep good last nite May have to take a nap which I never do
Will mow if it dries off enough And I have floors to do & doors to wash down
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca
My Hair dresser called me yesterday She opens next Week

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:21 am

Had a big post and mid way thru POOFED
To mad to try again--I'll check back later
Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:18 am

Good wonderful morning,

Took Jerry to the doctor yesterday, I waited in the car for just over 2 hours. They took an xray and some blood. they gave him a flu and a covid test. His covid test won't be back for a couple of days and it was decided he had pneumonia.

Sherry, the picture of Smoke and Sweetie with full bellies and sleeping made me smile. Moose sometimes lays down behind my desk chair while I am working from home. It's such a tight space. I haven't been to McDonalds in such a long time. I make my own "egg mc muffin" at home sometimes.

Maryq, so glad David is going to be ok, I bet his wife was glad to exhale. Jerry had his blood work done to check his dilantin level in Feb. He takes 700 MG each day. What he really needs to do is stop smoking and drink more water. but what do the doctors know?

Lori, didn't think of tacking the elastic. Glad FIL is going to be fine. My grandpa had a pacemaker. it only gave him trouble when the battery started going out. I don't even know if they have batteries anymore. We open the house in the morning too. Your Jasmine would kill my nose. Our orange tree is full of blossoms and once in a while I get a whiff from my sewing room / office and out come the kleenex. the crazy thing Jerry requested is meatballs and "that fancy gravy" I make and brown meatballs and the fancy gravy is a can of cream of mushroom soup. We put it over rice. Dad always called it rice and brown gravy. I've made a few meals so far. It's been a long time.

Lois, everyone should have an Olivia. Isn't it wonderful to be able to call and have her just make it work? And it makes her feel good to have helped grandma. She gets to roll her eyes and pretend you were in such a dire situation and she came to the rescue. great self esteem booster. I love it.

Judi, making home movies has sure changed. Remember we all just waved at the camera, now they actually make movies. Glad the kids are having fun.

Suzette, that was quite a gust of wind. glad all is well.

Jana, that Ethan is really learning a skill he can use in life. Gardening is great. We are having a hard time finding seeds here. People seem to be buying baby chicks for the eggs, and veggie seeds. Both are the new toilet paper. ugh.

Becca, yay for a next week hair cut. I finally had to cut my own bangs just so I could see. Thanks for your message, Jerry will be fine. what is it with men?

Diane, hope your day gets better from here.

Time for breakfast and to get to work. You all have the best day ever
Chriss
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:04 am

Good morning,

I was just ready to hit SUBMIT after I said to DIANE, "Sorry you lost your post", and suddenly MY post was gone! *POOF!* Grrr.... Will try to recapture the high points.

MARY Q - so thankful your brother will be OK. That was a big surgery to go through with no family in the waiting room. Hard on all of you! I bet he will adapt well, though. My brother got an ileostomy 4 yrs ago, and he's an 80 yr old logger and does very well. Your brother will, too. Sent prayer of thanksgiving for him.

CHRISS - glad you got Jerry to dr and I hope his Covid test is negative, but pneumonia is nothing to sneeze over either! Can you send stuff to the office to be printed?

JUDI - glad you had a nice anniversary. So are you just changing how you store your toys in your sewing room or are you moving furniture around?

JANA - sorry about the smog testing. Only some counties require it in our state (ours being one of them), but they are talking about doing away with it because they are finding so few cars with any problems now. Fun to sew something more whimsical for a change! So how many masks do you suppose just from our forum have been made? Think we've hit 2,000?

LOIS - I think fishing will open up here next week as well as some state parks for day use only, but if the rules aren't followed, they will shut it all down again. But as for stores and salons, I think it's just too soon. At least in our state. There is a push to open up our more rural counties who have had few cases of Covid, but those counties are actually opposed to that because they fear they will have a rush from the more infected counties and people will be bringing the disease with them. A valid fear.

FLO - I like your heart - a real scrap-user-upper! And I love using up scraps!

BECCA - I hope you got your nap in! I haven't been sleeping well either.

SUZETTE - that was quite a storm? Was it part of the band of storms that swept across the country from the heartland?

Yesterday I got everything on my list accomplished, plus a chiro visit. We even picked up a week's worth of mail and I received my toilet paper wall hanging pattern, "On A Roll", from QIAD. What a cute project. I want to put it in my bathroom. I sorted all my scraps and was able to cut 44 more masks just from the scraps. Today is UGH-ly day and then I will sanitize the house. And maybe make some more crazy blocks. And this afternoon, friends are coming over for a garage happy hour. Six feet apart! Will be nice to see them! He teaches leather working to vets at the veterans' home in Port Orchard and she promised them 300 masks so I donated 100 to that.

Stay well!!
mary z

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:39 am

Terrible storms all thru the night. Rain should be gone as morning goes.

qov is not hosting the fund raiser for vets cafe. The vet welcome center is. Lou and Rhonda are very much loved in this vet community. They do so much. A lot of the vets meet and have breakfast together. Most are aged and widowed men.

The quilt top -- I brought a layer cake and jelly roll called Harry & Alice from QIAD about a year ago. Under the items was a top made from this line. I thought it was super bright and really cute, although I don't normally buy fabric this way--it went into my cart. So it is finished waiting to go to the LA. The blocks from the picture are all from El's 40 book, so I just followed the directions and had a lot of fun. A little different from qov. Tomorrow will pick up quilts from Joan to do the binding. Susan, the pilot, flew in with 25 as set to finish.

Don't want to push my luck so signing off with hope that everyone is safe.
Diane

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:26 am

Good Rainy Morning.................

I'm settled into to the sewing room, bread out of the oven(never got to it yesterday) & have an other UFO ready to go. I'm watching the movie "A Hard Day's Night" ya know the Beatles! Oh those screaming girls!!

There's a good steady rain here & we're just into the 40s. Yesterday I got a FB message from a cousin & she needs 4 masks. I finished them up & expecting a call from her today.

Lois........good you'r feeling better. We are 'hold up' until May 18th. You were lucky to have a child there to help.

Judi.......LOL....my bulbs, what's left of them, are up no flowers! May you find something special hidden there. With all the technology it good to have a child too help.

Suzette...............looking forward to seeing your latest mystery quilt.

Jana.......I like the sound of your your organized helpers. I'd like watching the flyovers. They come in low. Enjoy! Hope you cars pass after all that work.

Becca......it looks like it's rainy everywhere. If you can't nap try to rest.

Diane.......sorry about your post. We've all been there.

Chris.......you're a good DW waiting 2 hours. I'm happy Jerry got to the Dr's. Prayers that it just Pneumonia. Do we need to tell him about fluids & rest?

Maryz.....that 'post tweeker is very busy today. What there's a 'toilet paper' pattern. What a wonderful idea.....I love it. I'll look for it at QIAD. Knowing my cousin is coming over I sanitized a lot of the house then when she leaves ya do it again. What a spiffy clean house but still dusty in the high places. Happy to hear you are having an other "6 foot event".....enjoy.

Diane......good job with this post. Your quilt sound adorable can't wait to see it.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”