Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday April 29 2020

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wednesday April 29 2020

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:32 am

Good Morning Girls

Once again I'm a little late to the party. Have been up for a while, but puttsing around getting ready to start the day! which of course means the shine-up then heading down to sewing room.

First of all... Thank you all so much for the thoughts and prayers for my Brother David.. I heard last night that surgery went well... they removed his colon and will be setting him up with a colostomy before they send him home... probably a week or so. I'll be checking in with siblings today to see how he is doing. The surgeon was going to keep in touch with his wife and she will share news.

Judi.... HAPPY Anniversary! How great to be married to your BFF! Wow... isn't that amazing … over 320 THOUSAND masks! I'm afraid the need for masks will continue for a long time... Dr. Fauci says this could last into the fall!

Diane... How neat that the community is coming together for the Vet's Café... That's what it's all about! If someone thought this virus could beat us... they were wrong! BIG TIME!

Maryz…. You have NO organized plan for the day!!! Wanna come help me play with all my new fabric? It's still laid out on my big table and I think I need to get it organized!

Becca.... Isn't it wonderful to have neighbors and family check on you? I have great neighbors too and then call or text once in a while to see if I need anything... Now that I have groceries... I'm good!
I have a sneaky feeling it will be a while before things open up here, and I feel bad for the businesses that are suffering.

Lois... I have a sneaky feeling after all this sewing I'm going to need a trip to a Chiro as well... Never been to one, but I can hear my neck crack when I turn it! I just chalk it up to arthritis. Have fun with your table runner.

Jana... Five MILLION masks? Oh my gosh! I wonder if that 320 thousand is just in MI? The fire stations here in MN were collecting the other day... I didn't have any on hand not spoken for to deliver, but I bet they will take them any time!

Flo... OH gosh... good to know you didn't get hurt when you fell... take it easy today! Love your hearts on point! great way to use up scrap pieces.

Velda.... Cloudy and looks like rain here today too... No place I need to go.... The rain stopped for a while yesterday so at least I got out to the PO and thought it best I should fill up the car with gas while I was out.. A full tank should last me a month or more!

Chriss…. OH gosh,,,, now I'm worried a little bit about Jerry too! Wonder if he will need have his blood levels checks being on Dilantin... How soon can he get in? Sending a little prayer for him!

Sherry.... I have a sneaky feeling that once beauty shops can open again.. they will be super busy! I think our governor has extended the lock down here. Fortunately I got a good short hair cut in February so it will be a while before I go crazy!

Time for more coffee and to get in gear. I organized my cut out pieces of masks so all I have to do today is grab and go! I signed up for 50 masks for a clinic at the University of Minnesota hospital so need to get a good start on those today!

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

again thank you for your prayers, I told David we were all praying for him and he appreciates it!

zfatcat

Re: Wednesday April 29 2020

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Judi, Happy Anniversary. Hope you have a nice day together.

Maryq, good to his surgery went well. It's hard not being able to be there and see your family when they are in the hospital.

Chriss, I tack stitch it before I sew the outside, but using clips sounds like an idea. I may try that on a few and see how it works. Hope Jerry is okay. Glad you are home to keep an eye on him. So what's your favorite thing to cook? Does Jerry like getting a break, or is he a little put out by you being in the kitchen?

Velda, FIL is doing well. Better than he was for sure.

Flo, that is a cute block.

Jana, I agree, that number is low. There are way more being made that haven't been counted.

Thanks, Becca. He came though okay.

Maryz, yoyo quilts are very heavy. There's a lot of extra fabric in there.

FIL made it through his surgery well. I haven't talked with DH today, so I don't know an update yet. No news is good news. I've been cleaning up the kitchen this morning. Taking a break and will vacuum in a bit. It was a nice cool morning. I have the house open and can smell the Honeysuckle and Jasmine. It smells wonderful. I'll be finishing up masks today and see what else I can get into.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”