Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, April 28th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, April 28th

Post by suzette58 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:28 am

Good morning everyone
I hope we all are doing well. Yesterday I worked on my mystery quilts and hopefully will finish them today. We get the next clue this weekend. While I was sewing I was looking at the Spring Jubilee quilt trying to decide what fabric to use for the backing. I could piece a back with leftover fabrics. I hope everyone has a good day.
Suzette

billizzy

Re: Tuesday, April 28th

Post by billizzy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:41 am

Good morning Suzette. I missed it which mystery are you doing? I was looking at Bonnie Hunters unity quilt the other day; thinking that one would be fun and easy. I would use the SNS system much faster and easier than doing all her HST.

I have been working on lap quilts and a tshirt quilt for a grad trying to get them done. Trying to finish up the UFOs in bins blocking my room. Got almost all lap quilts done 3 to tie and bind. I will have 12 completed to hand out when we can return to visits. But right now garden is taking precedence here. We got the main one planted last night. Making a new cuke and tomato bed and got it started yesterday. Got to go to moms tonight and fill meds I picked up yesterday after her dr appt. Funny we left and got home and she was like I forgot to ask if I could drive. :lol: Then she says he never said I couldn't. OMG I said really then why did you need to ask him if you could. Then she said no one is telling me what I cant do. I just laughed. She then said I cant drive now anyway I dont have my hearing aids and these need batteries. We went by hearing place and they are shut down due to covid19. God is good :)

Got to stop and pick up milk at grocery today too. Smallest order yet lol.

Well nothing else new here. Work today and some uglies.

Hugs prayers and happy stitching all :)
🐐izzy

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:52 am

Good morning all...we are headed to 66 today,,and cloudy we really need to cut the grass,,,,if it stays dry it might get done... It is more mask making here,,I did a few last night using the 1/8 th inch elastic given to me there was enough for 10 more. Today I have a full agenda...this morning at 7 I head to the grocery store for senior hour. then I need to go pick up Ken from the auto shop he is dropping the truck off for some needed work...after that some yard work if it stays dry,,,there is a chance it will....( as well as a chance it wont) Then more mask sewing...Elastic is scheduled for delivery at the end of the week as well as some flannel from Chriss. I am so grateful for the friends and angels who come through when I am needing...If I ever can pay ir forward please ask me...XX XXXXXXOOOOOOO

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:16 am

Izzy - the mystery I am working on is the Brown Bag Mystery. I am actually doing two of them this year. One is batik, mostly reds and then a Christmas one. The colors in that one are a mix of red, green, gold and neutrals.
Suzette

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:29 am

Good morning everyone sun was out now clouds We got cold again last night Hope that’s our last cold night

Izzy I admire you for being such a wonderful daughter Glad Mom forgets to drive Lol
Judi Sure hope you can get out & now Know you make masks in your dreams
Suz Both your quilts sound pretty zen joy

Remember our Prayer day at Noon or 300 on East coast
I have mumbo going Didn’t sleep good so going slower Have a great day
My Dr search wasn’t a success I just made appt with PA there where we were Will try after things open up again.
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:51 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - I love your Brown Bag mystery quilts. And The Christmas one would be at the top of my list. Did we see the Jubilee quilt? I'm trying to remember it. Some of my favorite backings have been made from leftovers!

BECCA - Bill and I go to the same clinic but he sees a PA there and I have to say, he's better than some doctors I've known! I hope yours works out to be The One.

JUDI - I hope someone mows your lawn today! And that you have sunny weather all day long. I got another request for more masks as of last night. I"m using 1/8" elastic because that's all I have. I sew over it four times to make sure it's well anchored. It's less weight behind the ears, but I'm wondering if it can be more cutting, as well. I figured it would take a while to get a Joann's order. It's taking a long time to get anything here, delivery or curbside, plus the mails are very slow, too.

IZZY - Sue loves Bonnie Hunter's pattern and has done several of her mystery quilts. I've done one and liked it, but didn't care for the colors of that particular project, so into the orphan box those first 8 blocks went and I started over using Christmas fabrics. LOVED that quilt. And so did my DD when I showed it to her, so it's gone now! :lol: Sounds like Mom is kind of OK giving up driving but the giving up will be on her terms, not because anyone told her to. Win/win!

VAL - yay for taxes being done. Yay for getting a refund! I'm really hoping the job works out for you. A lot of people here (never me!!) commute to Seattle and the commute is 2+ hours each way in 10 lanes of stop and go traffic - 40 to 60 miles. I hope yours won't be quite that bad. Maybe you could have everyone mail their baby gifts and then have a Zoom shower - or simply video Mommy opening all the gifts and share the video . . . She might need those gifts before a real gathering can happen. One thing - it will be memorable no matter how you do it!

LORI - how was mask-making yesterday? After your first few hundred, you figure out shortcuts and they go faster! :D Good to know law enforcement everywhere has other L.E. numbers!

ROSEBUD - I've seen living rooms used for many different uses. At one time we considered putting our longarm in the L.R. Your son will be 43 on Thursday? My sister's birthday. And my youngest DD just turned 43, as well.

MARY Q - is your brother's surgery today? Will be saying some prayers for him. And I lied to you yesterday. Our fridge came, but only one ice maker. We shopped on line for days, then made one fast trip to Lowe's to look at fridges in person. Lots of fridges. Then after we came home, we looked on line some more and ended up changing our choice. I got confused on the models.

CINDY - Oooh, I'll bet you and Don had a few choice words about that door!

CHRISS - my scraps go as small as 1-1/2" squares or 1" strips. But I don't normally trim scraps to those sizes until I need them. You never know when you might want to make a crazy quilt and those odd angles come in handy then! lol! And my crazy quilt is 1/4 together. I rarely start another project before I finish the one in progress, but 2 days ago I came across another one made from 2-1/2" squares and 4-1/2" HSTs - all scrappy. And I have two small totes full of those already cut! Can't wait to get started on that one now, too!

Today will be more masks. Also, moving frozen stuff into the new freezer, finishing my jigsaw puzzle (I hope), making some more crazy blocks, walking, and maybe making a sample block or two of that new quilt pattern - you know, just to see if I like it. :D I might even transplant a few plants out in the yard if weather cooperates. One of those varied days.

Keep smilin'!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:23 am

Good morning!

It will be a beautiful day here! 76 yesterday and warmer than that today. Ethan helped me yesterday to clean up the deck. We used it last night to grill dinner. Ethan loved using the hose to wash off the bbq cover and some deck chairs. What little boy doesn't love water! LOL!

We ordered for curbside pickup a new surge protector for my LA, Robyn. Even with the whole house zap sucker, we are keeping electronics on surge protectors, a backup too. Also picking up curbside, parts to fix the drip line sprinkler system. Running that so I can plant a herb garden just off the deck.

So I can now load up a quilt on Robyn, my LA, in the Batt Cave, and get going on the stash of quilts. Caught up with masks here. Oh, uglies are caught up too.

Got a Lila story for y'all. She just turned two. Blowing her nose is the new adventure for her. So yesterday, Lila comes in to Kate, pointing at her nose, saying, owie. Kate looked, couldn't really see anything, but Lila persisted with the owie. Kate got a flashlight and tweezers, finally saw something. Aaron held Lila still and Kate proceeded to pull out a huge wad of toilet paper Lila stuffed up her nose. Then the little bugger, wanted a cookie up in the cupboard. Lila went and opened the drawers in the lower cabinets, staggering then to make steps to climb up to get the cookies! She's 2! Oh my, don't take your eye off of her!

Stay safe and be the tortoise!

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 am

Good "I see the sun" Morning..........

Looks like the few days are over. That's good for me because my neighbors(they are stuck in FL)SIL is coming to fertilize my lawn & clean up the yard. He asked if there was anything I needed help with. I have a difficult time saying yes......but I did. I need the bi-fold doors on the laundry area put back up, most of all I need the new bulbs in the ceiling lighting over the sewing table. I've had the new bulbs a year!

I have finished the little table topper.....needs a label. Will do that today. Want to start some bread.
So that's my day sewing room & the KitchenAid mixer.

Suzette.......I love pieced backing. I used the scraps to back the little quilt I just finished. It gives your quilt an extra special look.

Izzy......good luck with your UFOs. I'm going to 'start' finishing one later today. The babies t-shirt that I started maybe 5 years ago. I'm most desperate to finish it. Your Mom sure keeps your life lively.

Judi......thank you for all your masking making. Hope you find all you need at the store.

Becca.....so far it's 42' here. Hope you get time for a nap today.

Maryz.....looks like you have some interesting things on your agenda today. I have a Bonnie Hunter UFO in a basket under the table. I can't wait to do some 'little' gardening......I just seem to crave every spring to plant veg's. The dirt here does not like me.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:51 am

JANA - I think raising Lila is going to be an adventure! lol! My Mikey stuck an aspirin up his nose when he was 3. It was a dark and stormy night and I was home along with the 3 kids (ages 1, 3, & 6) and no car. I called 911 and they brought the fire truck and EMS. They couldn't help him but did take him out and let him sit in the firetruck! We ended up having a neighbor take us all to the hospital. And you unlocked another memory for me. I used to use the kitchen drawers for a stairway, too, when I was little and looking for trouble! Thanks for the memories!

KATHY - our dirt isn't any good, either, plus we live in the woods so we don't get enough sunlight for a successful garden. But I did OK one year when I planted a few things in pots and planters on the deck - a couple tomato plants, peppers, peas and green beans (that grew up the lattice), and herbs. Would something that work for you?

mz

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:46 am

Good Morning Girls

So my plans for an early start this morning just well to you-know-where! It's pouring rain and with no sun shining in my bedroom... well.. just didn't wake up as early as I meant.

Which means, that I will just send a quick hello this morning.. need a shower and need to do a little shine up around here. aka unload dishwasher, and tidy up . Had big plans to run to PO today to mail off some masks, but will see if the rain lets up a bit before I go out! Not that I'd melt or anything!

I'll be back at Prayer circle time... as my brother is headed to surgery at 1:00 CDT this afternoon. I talked to him last night and told him to have his wife call me or one of the siblings to let us know how things went. He had a positive attitude when we spoke... and that will help I'm sure. And he has one of the top surgeons!

Need more coffee.

Love you all and wish you a happy SAFE and HEALTHY Tuesday!

Return to “Sew ins”