Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 27 ,2020

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday April 27 ,2020

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 am

Good morning same stuff different day. I will continue the mask making in between laundry and house keeping...we will head up to 62 and sunny today...that is pretty much it here, I gave out 16 more masks yesterday and have more to make today...A friend gave me 1/8 inch elastic so I will try that,,,I am waiting on a flannel order to make the g-tube covers also..I did order some snaps too...Joanns told me 12-24 hours for curbside pick up...and so the beat goes on........XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Monday April 27 ,2020

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 am

Good morning everyone sunny here but cold again sun will warm us

Judi I’ve found anything you order now is slow I still haven’t got the elastic & another couple things I ordered Hope you can get yours

Maryq Prayers for yourBrother that surgery goes well & he can recover good
Guess you are still doing fabric That was a really nice bunch you got Happy you found it

Kathy I’m sorry about your itches Sure hope the depression is gone And Your Sisters visit was fun

Flo Hope your Son likes his new job better

My job this morning is get on phone to find new Dr With the pandemic there was a big change in our Drs Office Our NP is leaving

Hope everyone has a lovely day & finds something to cheer them. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning!

My day too will consist of making a few masks for the porch stash box. It went down over the weekend, so I will add a few.

Not much here either. We have really warmed up and today wil be the same, around 75, sunny and nice. The snow pack is melting quickly and filling our dams and lakes.

Sarah was over yesterday and brought a loaf of homemade bread, just out of the oven. She wanted my opinion as she was tweaking a recipe she found. It was a good tweak! Also showed us the design for a fort /playhouse she did for Ethan. It will be next/over his huge sandbox, to give some shade as well. Then we also did some measuring of a small space on the side of my garage. It is a tricky area, as we can't dig to sink footings because it is where the phone and main house electrical comes in. We came up with a plan to hide the ugly boxes on the wall. The space is about 2'x3', not very big. So nice to have a landscape architect in the family!

A bit of sewing, a bit of uglies and a large bit of organizing a garage.

Stay safe, be a tortoise, slow and steady as things reopen,

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 am

morning
Joe & DS1 should be home with truck this afternoon...which means hurry up & empty truck because it needs to be returned tomorrow morning.
Started a new scrap quilt block this weekend. Saw on Facebook a quilt where block is a heart on point. It's made from squares & half square triangle.. figured it out & have 7 blocks made.
Coffee is ready.
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:38 am

Good morning Everyone,

Judi I hope things slow down for you so you can get back to some of your normal projects.

Becca good Luck with your search to find a new dr that is a hard task when my sister in law moved down to the shore she had to find all new drs so what she did she asked her primary doctor who he used for various drs.
If you here of someone go online and see how other people have rated them .

Flo that's great you were able to figure out your new project how is your granddaughter doing.
Well Melissa and Bill bought a house so happy can't wait to see it in person.
Today I'm going to try and find some fabric online that I want .
Mary Q that was a nice fabric purchase.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:51 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I hope you have good luck finding your new doctor. The thing is, you don't know it's the right doc for you until you've already made the leap to his service.

JUDI - I think the 1/8" elastic will work OK. It's all I could get so it has to. Plus mine is black which is a good thing. My last bunch was for the crew of a landscaping business and they will get dirty. Let me know how curbside goes with Joann's. When my list gets a little longer I might try it.

JANA - there is always something interesting going on at your house! What kind of bread did Sarah make?

FLO - glad your menfolk will be home today! It's a long trip! I like the sound of your new project. How large will this quilt be? How is your sister doing?

MARY Q - I love all that fabric! I would be rolling around in it like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin! And yes, our new fridge has an ice maker - two of them in fact, which I think is overkill. One in the freezer and one in the door with water dispenser. We didn't want the one in the door but to get the other features we wanted, we had to take it.

VAL - sorry the baby shower had to be cancelled. Perhaps people could do a drive-by shower? It works for birthdays! Hate to see this sweet event get lost on the pandemic.

LOIS - congrats to Billy and Melissa on their new house! Very few houses are moving here with the shutdowns so I hope they got a good price. Is the house close to you? Are you going to make them a house-warming quilt?

KATHY - did you get your curved mask made? I was thinking of trying that pattern. I'm using Jenny Doan's pattern but the ones I made yesterday, since they were all for men, I cut 1/2" larger and I think will work better for men.

LORI - I had to look up that new book by Lori Holt. Love her stuff but didn't know she had a new book out. It reminds me of my Main Street that I have cut out and resting in a tote for now. Will put your FIL on my calendar and say a prayer for him on Tuesday. How is his kidney function?

Today is my brother, Jim's birthday. He would be 82. I still miss him every day. It's also the day our new fridge comes so I'm excited! It has to come up our wooden staircase on the back deck and it's very slippery when wet and rain is predicted. So yesterday we nailed composition roofing tiles on each step and the landings. I didn't want to risk the movers slipping. Yesterday I made another batch of masks and delivered them to the front porch of my neighbor I walk with when we're not having pandemics. They own a landscaping business and the masks are for all their employees. I think they are going back to work today. Then I got all my crazy blocks I've made so far sewn together. Today I start more new blocks. And I might make more masks, too, to have on hand for the next request.

Keep smiling!
Mary z

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:16 am

Hi girls. I've been reading posts to catch up and now it's time to get busy.

My back door that was suppose to be installed Saturday morning.....they called (after I got up early and put on my face and hair) to ask if they could come on Sunday because they had stuff to do on Saturday. Don told them yes. So they were going to come on Sunday morning at 8:30. They showed up at 10:30 with the wrong door. *&^%$#@ They left to go get the correct door and we never heard from them again. I don't envy the installation company when Don gets thru with them this morning. We did get all the stuff off the walls, window coverings and blinds down and furniture moved out of the guest bedroom because the painter is coming on Tuesday. Gavin came yesterday to help Don get the big mirror off the bathroom wall and the furniture moved. While he was there they took the old patio cover off the frame and got the new one on. It was so good to see Gavin I had to give him one hug. It will take a few days for the painter to finish because he has to do some sheetrock repairs first and that has to cure before it can be painted. I did get to sew for a little while - worked on the great grandson's quilt.

I hope you can all fondle some fabric today. I know you mask makers will for sure!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:17 am

good morning, It's going to be a great day.

Lori, Thanks for letting me know 911 calls can be redirected quickly. Prayers for your FIL and his surgery on Tuesday. We are having prayer circle on Tuesday if you'd like to add him to the list.

Valerie, sounds like today will be a pleasant day in the office. Sorry the Bereavement Counselor turned out to be a terd. If she is hoarding masks I bet she has a spare room full of toilet paper too. Wish your commute hadn't been doubled, that is a booger and the area you live is just crazy traffic wise. This is one more phase on the way to your destiny. I bet you are going to excel in this new office and be a blessing there.

Maryq, I bet you are having fun with all that new fabric. what a fun play day you must have had. Gas here is still 2.38. Cali is always higher than the rest of the country. When I was picking a day for the prayer circle I was really going back and forth between Tuesday and Saturday. Something kept telling me to pick Tuesday, now I see why. the two or more verse is what made me start the prayer circle. I don't remember the prayer needed. But I am glad we kept it going. Looks like a great haul you made

Maryz, I also bought some QIAD elastic, it hasn't come yet. In the meantime I cut fabric this weekend. Scraps are 5inch or 2 1/2 inch squares or 2 1/2 inch strips. Anything that doesn't meet that gets tossed. It doesn't look like I made a dent in my scrap bin but I will get there. Can't wait to see that crazy quilt

MaryRose, if I lived here by myself my sewing room would be in the living room for sure. Living rooms are so over rated anyway.

Lois, how exciting for Melissa and Billy. congrats to them.

Judi, I once made a hose cover for my CPAP hose. it was a tube of flannel with elastic on each end and it worked wonderfully. I would think Mineke would sort of flake off causing dust like pieces of fabric into the air right under her nose. what a nice thing for you to do.

Jana, Lori Hold also has a cross stitch sampler related to the book you bought. I would like to do a cross stitch sampler but haven't found the right one yet. Glad you can add grease monkey and garage cleaner to your resume.

Kathy, I checked out the because I said I would website. I think you write the promise on the back of the card and you are the one to say "because I said I would". Nice to attend church via the internet.

Becca, hope you find the perfect doctor. Always a job to find a new provider. hope your search is a quick one. I'm also waiting on the mail to deliver things. Lots of crazy out there.

Flo, yay that the boys will be home. You will have a pretty crowded house for a while but it will pass, and as the country starts opening up it will be easier to get away. I would love to see your heart blocks.

I need to get dressed and ready for work. Jerry wants me to bring him some ice cream on my way home. I have even done a little cooking. slow baby steps.

You all have a great day,
chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:43 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday!

Judi... You are so right... SSDD same stuff.. different day here too. Luckily I have 1/4" elastic so I can get a lot done today. Oh gosh... I have flannel! If you get desperate for it.. let me know! I have a box full of 5" squares.. would those be big enough? and some odd side strips.

Becca.... Thank you for the prayers for my brother... I think I'll probably be on my knees all day tomorrow. He's pretty private so he doesn't really tell anybody what's going on. Always hard to change Drs... Hope you find a new Dr. that you like.

Jana.... Nummy... home made bread! I saw an add on FB for a bread maker machine... and for about a 1/2 a second I thought how fun that would be... But then I remembered... if I make home made bread I eat WAY too much of it, covered in butter!

Flo.... Good news that the boys will be home today! I love quilt blocks on point, tho making the setting side pieces always confuses me

Lois.... Congratulations to the kids on buying their first house! How exciting. I'm itching to get at all the new fabric.... So much of it will be perfect for a Fat Cat pattern! :lol:

Maryz... TWO Ice makers! You'll have plenty of ice for a party in your garage for sure! How are Gene and his wife doing... When I facetimed with Jen a couple weeks ago, they still had a ton of snow on the ground.

Cindyg… I can just picture you with smoke coming out your ears when they brought the wrong door!!!! How is that new little GGreatson!

Chriss.. That's how I cut up my scraps... usually anyway... but I have full boxes of squares and strips waiting for me to do something wonderful with them . And of course I still have a closet of UFO's.... as soon as this mask business dies down I'll be TRYING to get them done! Which also means cleaning all that new fabric off my big table and finding a safe place to store it all! Thanks for picking Tuesday to be prayer day...

So yesterday I ventured out and went to WM.... lots of people and not very many with masks.... families with kids all over. Guess that WM didn't have restrictions.. I did find TP and paper towels... yippee! Not that I'm hoarding TP, but if you find it you gotta grab it right? Found a bunch of buttons for my headbands and treated myself to new skivvies. :lol: :lol:

for now I need more coffee... then head down to the "mask sewing room" I have a huge pile of pieces of fabric cut and pile of elastics cut so I can put the pedal to the metal this morning.

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:01 am

Good morning everyone. I see we are all on the same path with mask making and chores. Right now it is coffee time, then I will get started. Someone donated some fabric to our Home Depot. It was cut down to 15x21 and sealed in plastic. I appreciate that a package of it was sent my way for mask making, but a little disappointed that it is a synthetic instead of cotton. I will still use it, however I will use my stash for the front and back, and I will use what was brought to me to make a lining for the filter pocket. The pattern Lori shared with us is the one I will be using, with a slight twist until someone from work can drop off some clothes line rope.

Chriss, you are so right. Living rooms are for "living". For me, living is using my sewing machine whether it is to work on my quilts, making masks, or creating other fabric art.

First order of business today will be pressing the cottons from my stash. Now for a second cup of coffee and get started. Everyone have a blessed day. Hugs and prayers,

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”