Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, April 26th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUNDAY, April 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:29 am

Good morning,

Going to be a very nice day today. I've received a request for more masks so I'm back in business this morning as soon as I finish this post. Yesterday I washed some of the kitchen walls, did laundry, emptied and cleaned my curio cabinet, discarded some of the items in it to go to thrift shop, and now all my precious 'prettyies' fit in better. I also worked on my crazy quilt and after 'fitting' the first strip of blocks on the bed realize I need to make it even bigger. 488 blocks in all. (5-1/2") I have 120 finished and sewn together. Sigh. But I'm loving how it's looking so far.

Several have asked about Jules. She was sick with Covid, in ICU for several days, but managed to avoid a ventilator. She is home now, recuperating, and posting outdoor photos of her fur-babies.

LYN - I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering if you were headed back to EP soon. Sorry about Canada, but EP is awfully pretty in summertime . . (and wintertime, for that matter!). It will be an opportunity to play in your home sewing room!

CHRISS - I'm with you. Bill is 71 and I hate for him to do heavy lifting, tall ladders, or blowing off the roof. I keep telling him it's time to find younger people to hire for those jobs. But he isn't ready to do that yet.

LORI - what's the word from your DH? And how's your reorganizing going? I'm always doing that, too, but start messing everything up again as soon as I'm done.

VAL - sorry work has been so distressing for you. I hope things ease up and you find new opportunities soon. How is dad doing?

KATHY - so glad to hear you are doing well except for the itchies. Good news that you have your meds. You don't keep them on hand for just such an occasion? No one that I know personally has this virus. Praying it stays that way. A friend went to a Walmart near here just to pick up something he'd ordered on-line. It took 1-1/2 hrs to get the order and the store was crowded, no distancing, no masks. His son works at another WM 80 miles away and he said it's the same at his store. Yet Costco is able to limit shoppers, spaces them, has employees everywhere cleaning and helping keep customers stay spaced. And our checkout was speedy. What a difference! I haven't been in a regular grocery store since February so I don't know how or what they are doing.

MARY Q - You are rivaling Judi for mask-making! Glad you got your elastic. QIAD had some 1/8" for sale in 33 yd increments about a month ago. I ordered some because I was out and figured that was better than nothing. And it came! Purrfect timing since I have to start on more masks today. Did you get all your chores done yesterday? But then, are chores ever really done?? I did 4 loads of laundry yesterday but when we went to be there was already 'seed' in the hamper. Sigh.

SHERRY - glad you got your grass mowed - and just in time! I thought of you as I saw the only sports on TV was the draft. It was good just to hear the "Seahawks" and other footbally words. The sportscasters are really hunting for something to report on. I was thinking they should start replaying all the Super Bowls, starting with #1.

JANA - I sure hope you didn't have to use that 911 on your phone yesterday!

JUDI - well, what's it going to be today? Masks or snowmen?

Well, time for another cup of coffee, check out the rest of the forum, and head for my sewing room. Our new fridge comes tomorrow morning! Yippee! We had to run to the trailer freezer last night for supper fixings.

Have a sunny Sunday!
mary z

rosebud3

Re: SUNDAY, April 26th

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:41 am

Good morning. I will be attending church (on-line) in a couple hours. Afterward I will start working on masks again as well. Last night I decided to move my sewing machine out to the living room. Now I'm ready to get started.

Everyone have a blessed day. Stay safe. Hugs,
Mary/Rosebud

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 am

Good Morning Every one!

Looks like the sun is trying to peek out from behind clouds this morning!

Maryz... You are so right.. chores are never DONE! Just about the time I finish... it's time to start all over again... or ignore them all together. You are using the 1/8" elastic? I got some the other day too and 2 big spools of 1/4".. which I prefer. So if you run out of 1/8" let me know. Holy cow 488 BLOCKS! You are brave to tackle such a huge scrap quilt. I've been throwing all my mask scraps in a basket.... ONE day I'll actually do something with them. Yeah for the new fridge.... with an ice maker??? Can't live w/o my ice maker.... gotta have ice in my ICED Tea!

Rosebud... Not a bad idea to move sewing machine to living room. I've been tempted to bring my extra sewing machine up to my dining room table to sew at night.. For some reason I can't be downstairs after 6pm. but that would mean I'd have to clear off the dining room table... and that's a whole other project! :lol:

Y'all must be sleeping in this morning... I tried, but decided better I should get up and get going. Need to drop off some masks this morning for a Vets hospital/center, then I'm heading to WM for groceries. Haven't been IN a grocery store for so long.... Hoping to find some buttons to make my headbands for masks. When I get home I'll be back to sewing masks. While I do have TP on hand... might grab an other just in case. I've been washing all my new fabric so need more laundry detergent.

Here's a photo of my fabric stash that I bought from the guy in town. He still has some of his wife's supplies... so I'm watching for him to post that on the garage sale site... never hurts to have an extra rotary cutter and blades on hand right?

ImageImage

Time to refill the coffee cup and head for the shower.

To all of you that follow today... I hope you all have a most wonderful happy day

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:31 am

MaryZ, thanks for the update on Jules. Yes, I may actually get my sewing room at the house into some kind of order this summer.

Mary/Rosebud, my DD2 is using this pattern. She has run out of large hair elastic, so has switched to cord.

https://leahday.com/pages/how-to-make-a ... ee-pattern

MaryQ, it looks like you have lots of fun projects ahead of you.

Lyn
Last edited by WeeOne on Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:36 am

He assures us, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)

Chore of the day: clean out the fridge!

Nice score Maryq, I watch the market on FB but have not really found much in the way of fabric.

Mary/rose I have been keeping my machine in the living room so I can sew early mornings and not wake up dad.

Dad is doing good. The doctor cut his diabetes med in half and still his blood sugar is less than she wants. She says 140-150 is ideal fir his age group. I got it to 133 a few times. He really needs his labs done but she wants to wait for this Pandemic to be over. She is recommending no visitors in the home either. Had to tell the grandkids no visits for now.

Great grand due in 2 weeks! I sent some receiving blankets the other day. I have a quilt done so guess I should get it in the mail. I may contact my granddaughter and see if she knows what else they may need. Had to cancel baby shower due to virus.

All else is well. I will go cut some fabric while I wait for Dad to get up.

Lyn I did find one of those tractor stores. Actually very close. <5 miles so I will drive over and see what they have. Thanks
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:52 am

Good morning Everyone
I have some great news Melissa and Billy bought a house they will be closing may 22
I can't wait till I can see it in person.

Today I'm working on laundry then some more mask these will go to the chiropractors office then it will be back to something I want to do.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:56 am

Good morning,,it is cloudy again, but 57 today so not bad,,,Liam is here Mom came to pick up masks and he didnt go home with her,,,he is such a help and he only goes to our house and his. My new project is making about a dozen G-Tube covers...colleens neighb or has a non verbal autistic child 8 years old her name is Gracie,,,she doesnt eat much so has a feeding tube in her stomach...to protect her skin a small round pad is put arounf the tube They are simple enough but getting them right is my delema..the ones she perchased are very cheaply made and dont look good..(not that it shows) but she is a little girl...and I want them to be of quality enough to be washed and reused...one uses minky ( dont have any of that here) wool is too itchy I am out of flannel so I might do a curbside pick up of a couple of yards fo flannel...and make a bunch...that way she will have them..I do have a good pile of masks made and about 100 cut out. I have some tis made and will work on them too....I have an elastic order coming at the end of the week. I thought the need would decrease and I could go back to snowmen but I still am getting calls... my one son will pick up some for his neighbors the beat goes on......have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 am

Good morning!

After delivering the masks yesterday at the drop off site, we came home and my lovely assisitant job was changed to grease monkey assisitant. The tractor needed some maintenance before we could mow lawns. So I helped there. Also we worked straightening and organizing the garage. I have car seats and booster seats for my little grands, law required and they needed to be up and out of the way in the garage. The grands are here so often, that I have those items as well as toys, highchair and crib. Oh yes, baby gates too. My playpen went to Sarah's and finally wore out - it was Aaron's when he was little and he turns 35 in July!

So the panel swap will be tomorrow. I may sew later today. I have caught up on masks here. Just checking the stash in the porch and add as needed.

Front lawn was mowed, but the back only partially, got too dark.

Finally looked at my new Lori Holt book, In my Cottage. Just a small book with a fun house/cottage as the main block. Very different than most house blocks. The quilt in the book uses that block and a sampling of flowers and other easy pieced blocks. I will find a kit or a fat quarter bundle of Riley Blake fabrics for it.

Stay safe and be a tortoise!

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:25 am

Good Rainy Morning.................

My turn to have the rain, should be starting soon.

I did webcam church today at my NY church. They had a visiting minister. He talked about how God keeps his promises. He talked abut what a son did when he buried his father. He handed out printed cards with the the saying "Because I said I would" I'm not sure where in the bible it's from. I'm going to try to look it up. Anyways the son now has a website called "Because I said I would.com" You can get one of these cards & you write a promise on it, it can help you remember it. He's given out 11,000,000,000 cards so far. I'll look in to it & let you know.

I'm hoping to have my sister here for dinner. She just called, she coming over. We're having chicken with cheese & stuffing on top.

Maryz..........thanks for the update on Jules. I often wonder how Jules & Jaquie(sp?) You sound like my sister with the washing of the walls. I got the itches because I didn't keep track of when the prescription ran out. Usually WM calls me to remind me. I'm not liking that every time we try to take me off the itch returns. It could be something much worse. I'm going to make myself a new mask. The one with the curved shape.

Mary...........good idea to move into the living room.

Maryq........think of all the extra sewing time. WOW! that looks like a wonderful find .....like Christmas!

Lyn.....hope you get the sewing room in shape. Start small, just one thing at a time.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Maryz, FIL will be having his Aorta valve replace on Tuesday. Once that happens he should be feeling better. Don't know how long they will keep, but probably not long. Shane will be with DH until the 1st, so hopefully he'll get to see his granddad before he goes home.

Maryq, you scored big. Those look like some great fabrics.

Jana, I saw that book, but decided to do the Prim sew along instead. I might buy the kit. It sure looks cute.

Chriss, I hope you are enjoying your weekend by sewing.

Well I need to get busy sewing myself. I just need to vacuum and then my day is free.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”