Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

saturday April 25th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

saturday April 25th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:43 am

Good morning I slept in today figured everyone would be here before me/ Mask making is ramping up again since the governor has put us under house arrest till May 15th, I will stay in. I think we will be come accostomed to this and it will be the new life style.

I have requests for more masks since everyone now needs to wear them in public;; the hospitals have some and are not requesting them now. at least not in the last week. more families. I cut 100 yesterday and am waiting for the elastic which might be here by the end of next week..
It will be pleasent here high of 57 so some outdoor time will be on the books...Have a wonderful day,,,,virtual hugs,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: saturday April 25th

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:53 am

Good morning everyone sun is peeking thru

Judi hope your elastic gets to you Ties slows down the process I have put more ties than elastic because I ran out

Shelly So good to hear from you

Chris Glad you enjoy working from Home
Would be a big plus For me

Maryq You will be washing lots of fabric I am So happy you got it all

Kathy Hope you are faring well during the stay Home order

I ts not that different for us but I sure do miss my family’s visits & friends too
And I feel bad for all out of work & struggling
Must get my laundry going Hope everyone can find something to smile about today
Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:01 am

Good morning to all.
I think we will have to get use to the new "normal" caused by this virus. The gov. is opening up some of the stores and I hope people realize they must be careful. Some of the stores will never re-open. Who knows how long it will take to re-coup lost earnings?

I don't know if Vets Cafe will be closed for good. I hope not, it was a great little store with wonderful people.

Masks and finishing sashing on an El's 40 year top (I hope)
Enjoy the day.
Diane

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:03 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow.

Today I am going to spend time working on ugh-lies. After getting those done I will be working on some more masks. The new masks will be made with the filter pockets.

Everything else here is the same. Have a blessed day, and stay safe.

Mary/Rosebud

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:25 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I think commercial mask production has stepped up and is finally catching up with the need so many hospitals are almost fully supplied with masks now. At least I hope so! Just be glad you are only making masks! Chickie has been working for two weeks making masks and bonnets! 60 bonnets and 100 masks for a nearby hospital. I think she said she can make 6 bonnets a day if she really stays stuck to her machine all day.

DIANE - what colors/fabrics are you using for your 40-yr quilt?

ROSEBUD - happy UGH-lie day! Ours was yesterday and with both of us working, we got 'er dun by 10:00am. Today is LAUN-drie day. Another UGH. What are you using for filters or is that for the mask-wearers to decide?

JACQUIE - so nice to see you back in our group! You sound happy and busy! Congratulations on your new life! Including two new grandbabies! Hope you are back for good!

CHRISS - It's the weekend! Are you going to spend it in your sewing room? haha! Just kidding! Your sewing room is your office now. You don't want to go to the office on a Saturday. OK. maybe not so funny. But it's early and the coffee isn't done yet. 90*? Too warm for me for this PNW gal! But you and Moose enjoy! Poor Jerry. This isn't the time to be sick! Hope he's better soon.

MARY Q - You sew, girl!! You and Judi are one-woman mask factories! I am taking a break from them until I hear that someone else needs them. And I bet we'll be needing more - at least for the citizenry - come fall.

KATHY - how are things in MA? How is your sister doing? And Kim? And YOU??

Yesterday our governor opened up some construction, provided proper rules are followed. And they are now allowing some non-essential surgeries as the hospitals aren't as full as they'd anticipated. And they may lighten up on some outdoor recreation, but what that means, I don't know. All parks and beaches remain closed right now. The target date for reopening our state is May 26 and even then, there will be many restrictions. But we'll see how it goes.

Yesterday some friends came over - first time we've seen anyone in person. We backed the car out of the garage, swept, put down a 9x6 foot rug, placed two lawn chairs on either side of the rug (covered in lovely quilts, of course! 8-) _ and for extra fun, we strung Christmas lights along the garage shelving. It was fun to get together some someone - anyone! lol! BTW, I made masks for these friends. His was lined with flannel and he wore it grocery shopping and after a while, he was dizzy from lack of Oxygen because the flannel is so hard to breathe through. Just thought I'd share that. The ones I made for the Sheriffi's Dept were also backed with flannel and fusible interfacing. I hope I haven't smothered all the deputies!

Stay safe!
mary z

shelly322002

Post by shelly322002 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:04 am

Hi all, thank you or your lovely warm welcome back :D It is really lovely to be back again!
I'm gradually getting my life back somewhat...

We drove into town this morning for a few groceries, we're still in full lockdown with sometimes only 1 person in a store at a time. The larger stores let only a few in a time were we have to stay in a 2m 'box' which is a taped area on the ground and follow a certain route around the store. We cannot enter a 'box' until the person in front has moved on, all very strict... It can take a while to get around and out again... I'm glad we don't go in often!

From town we then visited the family who are all dotted around the area where we spoke at a distance. It's so emotional not being able to see family properly or get a much needed 'hug'!! Mum and Dad were visited first where we delivered groceries, then onto Heather and her family to drop food in at a distance. We then we stopped by Rachael and her family last for another long distance chat over the garden fence.
Heather unfortunately has had Covid 19 for the last week which she contracted while working in her Care Home. They have lost around 6 residents up to now. Luckily for her she has only had a mild dose and is hopefully now on the mend, but we're keeping an eye on her as it can suddenly change very quickly as you're aware. It's certainly a very worrying time!!

Rachael is expecting a baby later in the year so I'm covering her 'baby bouncer' chair in a nice cheery 'bumble bee' fabric :D Cute!! that will be my task for today!

Have a lovely day whatever you're geting up to!!

Love and hugs!!
Jacquie xxx

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:12 am

Good Morning my quilting friends. It is a gloomy Saturday here. I don't know much to talk about today.
Maryz: What a fun idea of meeting in the garage and putting up the colorful lights sound playful and fun.
Interesting discovery about the use of flannel. I did use flannel lining in my first batch of masks. When I used that all up, I switched to just two layers of cotton fabric. I always tried to make each side a different color or pattern, so the user could always know which was which.
I too, have taken a break from making them. But I have told our friends and relatives to just let me know if them need extras.
Just don't have anything to share with you today. Have a great weekend.
Oh, by the way, it is so nice to see Jacqueline post with us.
DH just found Eleanor on TV. Going to go watch!!!
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:23 am

Good morning everyone!

We're still in Texas and not sure when we will head to Colorado. We should be sitting in Indiana at the Newmar factory for our Motorhome appt. That's rescheduled for July 20th. Not sure if we'll get to Canada this summer. All our lives have changed and not for the good. I'm working on masks, too.

Jacqueline, so good to hear from you. Enjoy your grandkids, they grow up so fast.

I know some of you have Jules friended on Facebook and the last news was that she was going to hospital. Could someone get us an update?

Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:29 am

Good morning!

I have caught up with masks here too. I have masks in the box on the porch for my Ward to take and will deliver the service project masks this morning. Then I will be the lovely assisitant for Michael. He wil be turning off all the power to the whole house at the main breaker panel. Then swapping breakers around and adding the whole house zap sucker, otherwise known as a surge protector. My job, have my cell phone at my fingertip, ready to dial 911 if needed. Michael is very methodical, so I hope not to be of that use! He is very accustomed to working around high voltage, as the railroad he worked for, used 1000 volt third rail and he worked out on the line often, and it was live - dodging trains and electricity!

So no sewing today,

Stay Safe and be a tortoise!

Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:45 am

Good morning, It's going to be a scorcher today. We are supposed to get to 90 here.

Jerry decided after last summer to take out the window AC's, they are big and heavy and there are two of them. I told him because of his age that this year they will be left in.

Had dinner with my parents last night, just a couple of hours but nice to get out of the house. Also strange to drive after not driving for a couple of weeks.

I posted the prayer circle. I think the funnest part of posting it is looking for verses. it takes me a while to find the ones I post without posting a zillion of them. I add and remove and replace. it's fun.

I'm washing the bedding today and will hang it on the line. Jerry has been sick and I want to wash the sick off of the sheets. It's probably a good idea to wash any quilts laying around and put most of them away.

The neighbors might be up today and I happened to find some sidewalk chalk in the garage. That ought to keep the boys busy for a couple of minutes. The 5 year old wants to be a bull rider when he grows up.

That's it for me. I would like to make about a dozen masks but haven't received my elastic order yet. With my luck I will make them using ties and the elastic will arrive. I was using flannel, then went to flannel on one side and cotton on the other. I think this round will be just cotton.

So I will be in my sewing room or out at the clothes line. You all have a marvelously wonderful day.
Chriss

PS Jana, you likely know this but make sure you have the number for your local fire / ambulance on that cell phone. dialing 911 will ping off the nearest tower to the next available 911 operator who may not even be in your area.
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”