Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

April 22, 2020

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: April 22, 2020

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 am

Good Morning Girls

Looks like it's going to be another awesome spring day here! Might even be able to sit on the deck with a cup of coffee today!

Teresa... You know I am usually a Lotto Lover, but I have been just so crazy busy making masks, that I have totally forgot about lotto. I look forward to be able to do it again... maybe later in the summer? By then I know I'll be ready to do something different! Yeah for your "in home" repairman to fix your dishwasher! Can I borrow him... I think I need the gunk cleaned out of mine too!

Lois.. Are your hands getting sore from making so many masks? I now have a callous on my right thumb, my cell phone doesn't recognize my thumb print any more to open the phone! :lol: I met a gal last night that is a nurse for the National Guard... and gave her 80 masks... It just did my heart good to see how grateful she was to have them!

Suzette.. Probably not a bad idea to ship your quilt UPS... Normally I don't have a problem with the US mail.. But my BFF in Colorado mailed a package to her folks... about 50 mile drive from her house... for some reason it ended up in Kansas City, MO! How does that happen!

Becca.... Hope your uglies can quickly... it's much more fun to sew than scrub right? How is your DH doing in all this? And our miracle twins! Did I tell you about the family in the town next to me that had Quadruplet GIRLS!!

Judi.... I still picture Ryker as a little baby... is he 3 or 4 now? Isn't a great to grab a hug and kiss from those little guys! Gosh I miss my babies! I just want to squeeze the stuffing out of them!!!

Maryz…. Hope you can get Bill to help with those quilt tops! You must think of a way to bribe him! Choc. chip cookies? A cold beer? Hope the chiro can straighten up your back for you! I'm learning how to pace myself a little at sewing... I sew 10 masks, then get up and iron and pin, then go back to sew to the pleats. If I sit too long my back hurts, if I stand too long my left leg goes numb... standing and sitting in intervals seems to help!

Jana..... Wouldn't mask sewing be so much more fun if we could all be in a big room sewing! I have 3 extra sewing machines in my house...would be fun if others could join me for a Mask Party! But that sure defeats the purpose right!

Valerie... OH Gosh, I am so sorry to hear about the turmoil in your job! 43 miles is a LONG drive to get to work. I don't suppose it would be something you can do from home? Did you know this was coming? I so hope they didn't just spring this on you!

Chriss…. Yep... I am a happy girl! NO midnight treks to downstairs bathroom and Fabric enough to last me the rest of my life... unless there's another pandemic to make masks for you. Drive safely on your commute to work this morning ... :lol: :lol:

Well I did pick up the fabric from the guy in town. Four tall kitchen size garbage bags full. I dumped it out on my porch floor and it looked like a LQS exploded. But boy did this gal have good taste. I felt bad for the guy.. his wife passed from breast cancer about 2 years ago and he's been slowly going through her things. He said they used to travel the country in an RV so some of this fabric is from LQS all over the US. In this batch are 4 Layer Cakes, about 5 FQ bundles.. several pattern and about 7 or 8 yardages that I think she had for backing... that coordinated with the FQ bundles and LOTS of plain white! She must have held the same theory as I do... you can never have too much white. So I started sorting it and have set aside some pieces that will make nice masks, and today a lot will go in the wash... I'm a washer!

And now my coffee is cold, so need to warm it up and jump in the shower and get busy!

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

Return to “Sew ins”