Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

tuesday April 21st

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

tuesday April 21st

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:17 am

Good morning,,more of the same today, I am trying to get tax papers together and get ahold of my tax person. usually we do this on aprils fools day,,but we enjoyed the extension. we alwasy pay our taxes and dont care for a refund. we once owed a dollar as we calculate it as close as we can. I am missing a document,,,,,so the hunt goes on. mask making is on hold as I have a small stock ppile should anyone call...quilt block 3 of 9 is finished and embellished..block four will be in the works as soon as I find these papers. changing the sheets and a bit of cleaning,,,supper is up in the air...hope you are all doing well...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: tuesday April 21st

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:26 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here but sun will be later
Judi Don’t you hate it when you lose a paper Hope it turns up soon
I was reading yesterday on States that requires masks

It’s laundry here then Imdoing some more masks for some that need them I saw people on Facebook selling them

Hope everyone is making out ok staying put I’m seeing more people are wanting to open backup I sure hope it goes away sooner than predicted
Have a good day. Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:50 am

Good sunny morning here.
Got all the bindings done and now want to cut sime masks out. Had 25 and family needed them so POOFED, they are gone. Would like to get a few more blocks done for my El's 40 quilt top.
Not to sure how smart opening up dept. or furniture stores will help. The beaches are suppose to open today, hope people are smart about the distancing. Fingers crossed.
We do the zoom with the family but I miss hugging them so much. Hopefully we can fly to NY for Pipers 14 birthday in Oct.
I hope all are safe.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 am

Good morning!

I thought Michael was awake and turned on a light, nope, the sun was the light. Beautiful sunrise!

Today I go and get the masks kits. The pack with all the supplies to make 100 masks, then , return the finished ones on Saturday. So many people were trying to volunteer that the website to sign up with crashed. The Church asked for 10,000 volunteers, I think they got that and more! So happy to help!

Not much else here.

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:51 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was my sewing day with my friend. We worked on pillow cases. In our town we are losing a produce market. They have been open for 25 years and have decided to close. It is one of the few stores I really enjoy here. It is sad. Today I am going to finish the binding on the Halloween quilt. Then tomorrow I can take it to the UPS store and mail it to my friend. I hope everyone is doing well.
Suzette

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:46 am

Good morning all! Just checking in to see what you are all doing. I want to mow my yard so much but it is severe winds today and only 42 degrees. That is too cold for me to mow. Friday supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny. I am shooting for that day.

Not much going on here like everywhere else. Everyone is getting "antsy" and ready to get back out. I drive out to get newspaper and mail out of my boxes and go to town once in a while for groceries and carry out and that is about it. So many people are out of work here as in the rest of the country. I pray for our country every day so that we can get back to whatever the "new normal" is.

Will work on my UGRR blocks some more today and watch some movies and TV. Need to get my blocks done soon. Don't want to wait until last minute.

Just out of curiosity I checked the IRS Stimulus website and it said I would be getting my stimulus check on Friday the 24th. I file taxes every year but I have to pay so I am in the group of Social Security direct deposit group.

Well, better go get breakfast for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone stays safe and well.

Sherry

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am

Good Sunny Morning....

Clouds & rain coming later.......maybe with thunder!

Talked to my DD2, she's annoyed with me that I went to the bank(drive up window) & went looking for a whole chicken. She told me my sister could pick up a chicken. Good thing we were not on Skype or she would have seen me snickering. I do love that girl/both of them. My sister is going to Walmart & she going to look for a chicken & a few other things.

On FaceBook I follow a mini quilt group. Their work is so interesting & cute. So I made a "doll" quilt. We were given 1 hint at a time. My top is finished but I'm thinking of adding an other border to make it into a table topper.

Today I have a few uglies & 2 bills to pay, then there's the mess in the sewing room. Also I want to put the table & chairs on the front porch. Just in case some warm weather comes my way. Snow's all melted.

Judi.........thanks for the reminder, need to gather up my tax papers. Good luck looking for your paper.

Becca.......I'm now cloudy too. I have 3 loads of laundry to fold. It sure is good to hear all the talk about reopening the economy. I know my sister & nephew(like so many)need the money.

Diane........I do hope you get to go to NY in Oct. It seems like a good long time. I hope the fun people remember to stay at a safe distance.

Jana.............how wonderful so many people came forward to help. Sewer are just special people.

Suzette.......that's disappointing news, loosing your produce market. Happy binding.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 am

Good morning.

JUDI - hope you find those papers! We try to figure taxes like that, too. Nice to have a break from the masks and do something a little more creative.

LORI - my sis always cleans/purges when my DBIL is gone. She calls it HER vacation. He came home early once and there were only trails to walk in the house as she had all the cupboards and closets emptied onto the floors.

SHERRY - glad you got to see family. Seems like a lot of folks are finally giving in to seeing family again. Hard to go without those hugs! We're on SS and our stim check was deposited to our account last week. People who had 2018 or 2019 tax refunds automatically deposited to their accounts were first in line for the checks. Paper checks take longer.

JANA - I think we're starting out 8th week here, too. The first week of March was incidental as we just happened to not see anyone. Then we were camping the second week of March and the stay-home order started when we got home. It's actually gone by very fast. For us, anyway. LIfe isn't all that much different than usual here. So what was the mystery light?

CINDY - we were in Lowe's on Sunday, too. Our first time any place except our weekly mail pick-up. There was a well-spaced line outside and people were being allowed in when others came out the other door. So the store had only about 1/3 the folks it usually has inside. Some had masks (we did!) and all stayed spaced. Funny about Tootie growling at the wig! Scottie got all growly and snarly once in the kitchen and we finally figure out it was the dishrag hanging over the high faucet that he was barking at! Dogs! :lol:

CHRISS - glad you got to 'go shopping'. And that you have your rooster! Our rooster had to go live on a farm where other neighbors didn't complain about his melodious voice. :cry:

DIANE - once word gets out that you make masks they go quickly! Hope people don't forget the distancing thing when stuff starts opening up. We'll be back to square one! Hope you get to go to NY in Oct. I think our fall travel plans to the east coast will be cancelled for this year. Sigh.

BECCA - It will be nice to see some businesses open again, but peoples' behavior will be the determining factor if it works or if we have a resurgence of this virus.

SUZETTE - sorry about your fave store closing.

VELDA - I like the idea of black sashing on your blocks - it will look like stained glass.

KATHY - nice to know your girls care enough to scold you!

MARY Q - helllooo??? Anyone home?? You must be busy enjoying that brand new bathroom!

Yesterday a few of Bill's friends from his "Y" exercise class were meeting at the little waterfront park down the hill from us so we took camp chairs and Scottie and joined them. Nice to sit in the sun, well spaced apart, and see new faces. We had purrfect view of Mt. Rainier and Scottie got to watch wheeling seagulls as they begged for food. Nice break! I got my Paris quilt top together and found the purrfect backing fabric for it in my stash. But it will need to be pieced so that will be today's project. Plus working on a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Our new fridge is 1" too tall so Bill is removing the cabinet over the fridge. We hope he can shorten it from the top and put it back up, but if not, no 5-foot person ever stores essential things in a fridge top cabinet anyway. :lol: So I don't care if it goes back up or not.

Stay well!
mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:22 am

Good Morning Girls

OH such a sunny day! Not if it would warm up a notch or two... I'd be tempted to wash some windows! :lol: :lol:

Judi.... Hope you find the document you are looking for! Nice that we got an extension to file taxes this year... though mine were done early and I got a refund! That rarely happens! Probably all those estimated payments I made last year! I too would prefer to come out even!

Becca... Oh yes. I have seen many folks selling their masks. I just make them to give away... Though my brother's boss might pay me to make the ones they need. I'd be happy with a Joann or Amazon gift card!
I'd just like to see folks able to get back to work... This has got to be so hard on so many folks!

Diane... Oh my gosh... I miss my grandkids so much... They give the best hugs and I sure can't wait to be able to smother them in kisses again! Since my Canada trip was canceled I'm hoping by summer I can try again. Shawn's In-laws drive up... so am thinking maybe I can ride along with them! I need some Canadian hugs too!

Jana... OMG... you have over 10 thousand people signed up to sew! AMAZING! Are you making the pleated ones with elastic...? That's all I have been making, but I have another pattern I'd like to try too.

Suzette.... It is sad to see a business close... I'm afraid there will be a lot of that from this virus mess. There's a darling little hobby/craft store near me but may have to close. It's the family's livelihood .

Sherry..... I think we are in for a "new normal" when we finally "Open up" Even watching things on TV... I think.. those people are too close! I'd just like to go shopping and walk around without being on a "Mission" to get in and get out. I'd like to be able to browse.. just to see if there is anything else I need!

Kathy...That's funny about your DD being annoyed... Suddenly we parents have become the children! Hope you find a chicken! I don't think I've ever bought a whole one... I just buy the frozen chicken breasts! You can do a lot with those! :lol:

Maryz....Yup, I'm here... Yes, it is very nice to NOT have to walk downstairs in the middle of the night!
A new Fridge? Fancy with French doors? So nice you have such a handy guy around to fix up your space for it. When does it arrive?

Need to run to the bank myself this morning... There is a guy on a local FB garage sale site that is selling all of his late wife's fabric stash, so I am going to have to get cash to buy it from him. Oh my Gosh, this gal had beautiful taste in fabric. I already bought 1 group of stuff... mostly Moda fabric... 3 FQ bundles, 1 layer cake.. and about 20 yards of different fabrics... one piece of 6 yards. Needless to say I'm in heaven. Some of the small pieces I've been able to use for masks. But I'm saving the bundles for ME. I'll meet him later tonight.... Also have to meet a nurse with the National Guard to deliver her some masks and head bands. Am running out of buttons for headbands.

Time to head down to sewing room and get busy!
Need MORE coffee!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Remember to BE GRATEFUL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 am

Good morning to everyone. Hugs and prayers for all.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”