Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 20th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:44 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Ours was kind of a biggie for two reasons - I made a public appearance for the first time since March 16 (which felt kind of weird), and we bought a new fridge. We know our fridge is on it's way out and, at age 15 and with the way they are made nowadays, it's long past its life expectancy of 8 years so we felt an expensive repair bill wasn't worth it. The new icemaker didn't fix the problem. So we shopped on-line, decided we wanted to buy from Costco because they double the warranty and will deliver/install/haul away for free. But we drove to Lowe's so we could see what we were buying in person. We gloved and masked and even took Scottie along (yes, we're the kind of people who take their dog everywhere). Good thing we went to see it in person because we decided on a different model, though same brand. Came home, ordered it, and now we wait. I was hoping to finally go grocery shopping sometime this week, but since most of what we need goes into fridge or freezer, I guess we won't do that. lol! So, the problem of what to do with that stimulus check has been solved for us.

Today, after our walk, I will be sewing my Paris panel quilt. It's a quickie so it will be done today, barring anything else catching my attention. Then, some of Bill's friends from his exercise class at the "Y" have met a few times in a small waterfront park downtown (which is only a mile down the hill from us). They sit 6' apart and visit for a while. So he made a date with them for 4pm. So we actually have a sort of social engagement today! I might even wear makeup! What outfit should I wear to go with my mask (made from kitty cat fabric)? Oh, no problem - ALL my clothes have cat hair on them and so will 'go'. :lol:

JANA - I feel for the kids with this quarantine - it's hard for them to understand. Especially with that great playset right outside! Hopefully Mom and Dad can come up with some fun alternative ideas. Your dinner last night sounds interesting and tasty.

IRISH - I've never made an Irish chain - yet. But it's on my bucket list. I've been collecting fabrics for a long time - Irish fabrics, of course. Then I'd like to try it in different fabrics - 30's, batiks, Christmas, etc. I keep a to-make list taped to the door of my fabric cabinet and every January I transfer it to the new list. lol! Your Baby Girl is quite a character! Foxy is his own cat most of the time, but twice a day he wants a 'Love Your Cat' session and he won't be denied. So everything stops while we pet and scritch and hug the cat. They do run our lives! Oh - and I'm with you. I'm afraid we'll open up things too soon and people will rush in with no thought to consequences and this whole thing will start all over again. But I do understand that small businesses are hurting and may go under if they can't open their doors soon.

LORI - have you heard from your DH on how his travels are going? Is your son going to stay with him or is he just along for the ride and going to come back on his own? Hope they find dad OK as can be. Do you have a LA or do you quilt on your machine? We need to get ours fired up one day. I think I have about 15 tops that need quilting - some have been waiting for over a year.

BECCA - your DGS's wedding sounds idyllic. Small, simple, but meaningful to them. Will you be attending if CA is up to it? I hope your DGSIL's stores survive. People will be anxious to get out soon so maybe his business will pick up!

Supper tonite? Still a mystery. We have leftover rice so maybe I'll thaw a steak to grill and share and open a can of green beans. We also have chicken. But if we go down to the park at 4pm, we may end up with only cheese and crackers when we get back. Supper will be a surprise!

What are you surprising yourself with tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, April 20th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:13 am

Good morning!
Mary, I think you forgot to have your coffee first LOL
I'm glad you found a fridge!
Our Winnie cat has gotten where she gets up on my when I sit on the porch, I love it! It hurts my legs something awful but I grit my teeth through it and get the loving and give it back to her.
Jazmyne and Easton couldn't take the quarantine any longer and they stayed the night, it made my heart smile. They've been so good about staying home but just needed some Grandma and Papa time and we sure needed their time too.
Easton helped me make a chocolate pudding cake last night, he loved stirring and pouring and then at 9:45pm we all had a little piece LOL I know it was late but I just didn't have the heart to say no to him wanting to make something with me and then he wanted to eat it ❤
Jazmyne has her hair dyed purple and blues, it looks awesome with her dark dark hair, I love it! It's the wash out kind so it won't last very long.
I think I'm going to make a meatloaf tonight.
Well I have a request to make breakfast so gotta scoot.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:29 am

Hello everyone Sunny here after a light rain early morning
Got my walk in early
Who I feel for is all the people out of work with no pay Our DGSIL said he can maybe go 2 more weeks He has 2 stores shut down And he’s been in business for 11 years & has a great business but bills come due even if closed
Lori Prayers that your DS & DH are making the trip ok & find Dad doing better

Maryz You did have a big outing & a social gathering today Sure hope the new frig is a good one Most sure don’t last 15 yrs anymore
Our DGSs wedding is too far for CA All of parkway is closed now Lots has trees down from storm last week & more came last night We only got rain but others are without power
I’m sure the wedding will be pretty especially being on the Parkway
I love it We used to go on it a lot

Tina I’m sure it was special having the kids join you This is seeming longer than it really is I guess But I’m like Maryz My only outing since March 12 was drive by window at drug store & pick up bread from Beth & my crazy Dr appt for shots
Makes you feel
Like a hermit lol

I’m making chicken breast in oven with cream of chicken soup & rice & salad
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:19 am

Good morning!

Just got home from the milk run. Y'all have coffee, we drink milk! I went alone, as Michael is on a work call. Had everything, but one item, Clorox cleani.ng spray. I have enough, but would like a bit more.

Dinner - I have pinned several new soup recipes, will look to see if I have everything needed. Probably do.

Mary - a new frig - which brand? Still a bottom freezer? I love that on mine. Paris is beautiful in Spring and so will be your quilt!

Tina - yeah, we break the rules too, with Ethan coming over. But, Sarah and her DH have stayed home as much as we have, so we know the outside contacts are limited.

Becca - we are not hermits, but hobbits! Stay in and don't venture far from home. Happy to do our gardening and quilting. And then hobbits do like to eat!

Sarah will be over later, her work is done for today. She is planting broccoli, radishes, lettuce and I can't remember what else. A bunch of things! She needs some wood from Muchael's stash in the barn to put up some bird netting, to keep out the kitties from using the garden boxes as their litter boxes. Smudge has been good about staying out, so far. When he has jumped in the garden, he got sprayed with the hose, he hates water! Now to keep out the rest of the neighborhood kitties.

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:28 am

Mary, glad you were able to find a fridge. I love taking the boys to Home Depot or where ever they will allow dogs. We have one in the garage right off the kitchen. So if the one in the house goes south, we have a backup close. Irish chain was one of my very first lap quilts. Which was a big one for me. My DS still has it. I quilt on my domestic machine. It's a Janome 6700 MC with a large throat space. Largest I've done is a queen.

Tina, so glad you got some time with the littles. And I love a kitty on my lap.

Becca, sounds like a pretty place for a wedding.

Jana, Sarah's garden sounds wonderful. I've planted radishes before. They don't take long at all.

Well I didn't sew yesterday. Started cleaning and laundry and didn't stop until evening. This always happens when DH leave. I can clean things uninterrupted. Probably more of the same today. DH should arrive this afternoon or early evening. He just sent a texted saying they were 300 mile out. I know they will sleep good tonight. Shane will stay a few days to make sure that get things taken care of, then fly home. I talked with my son Jonathan last night. He's in AZ for work. He said there were only 8 people on the plane, and it was really clean. He flies home tomorrow. He'll be glad to see his 3 dogs.

The boys have been walked. So now I need to get some things done. For dinner I have some chicken breasts that need to be cooked up. So we'll see what I come up with.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”