Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 20th

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Monday April 20th

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:52 am

Good morning!

Michael looked at the calendar he is keeping on how long we have been in the isolation mode, here at my house. We are starting the eighth week. The only one that gets hugs is Ethan, as he is here quite a bit. Both Ethan and Sarah have some of the underlying conditions, so Sarah is as careful as we are. Been rough, but like us, you are getting through this too! I feel like the old story of the tortise and the hare - slow and steady wins the race, just how we should be now. Our state is looking at the data and may slowly start in the beginning of May.

We took a ride yesterday afternoon, just to be outside. We needed to mail a couple of letters. We also have a mystery - seeing some big lights from my kitchen, several miles away. We have been trying to figure out where they are. There were several good suspects, a new high school football field, a pro soccer field and the big park/rodeo arena near our house. None of them had the right configuration. But we think we have it solved now - a new gas station, using those big lights for their parking area. So at dusk, we will drive over to see. See what happens, when you go stir crazy! LOL!

After a few Monday uglies, I will be sewing masks and work on a Skinnie, I started before all this other stuff.

Stay safe,

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:03 am

Good morning all! It is a beautiful day here in NW Ohio. Yesterday Doug and his family came over and we had dinner together which we had not done in a long time. We just had to do it. It was so nice to have company. When they left he said he didn't care and gave me a great big hug. Which I loved and enjoyed. This is a rural area so luckily not much sickness and less than 3 people have died in the 5 county area. Very few people are wearing masks but we are watching our distancing when we go out.

Once things start opening up on May 1st. even more than the restaurants I want the salons to open. I need a hair cut so bad. I know that isn't a priority but it is driving me crazy.

I talk on the phone several times a week to my close friends so that helps. I pray that this will all get better soon. I am so glad that people are getting their stimulus checks. At least it will help a little bit. Since I am on Social Security I am in the second group of checks. It is amazing that since I don't go anywhere how much money is still in my checkbook.

Well better go get some breakfast. Hope everyone is staying well and has a good day. With God's help we will all get through this, but I don't think "normal" will ever be the same.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:38 am

Chriss, it is funny how big the western states are compared to the east.

Flo, that sounds like a great move for your son.

Judi, I think some of us will be hesitant about going back into the world, and some won't give it a second thought. I just hope our communities are ready in case this blows up again. They opened up some beaches in Ventura county, (north of us) and they were packed. I think if they open up the outside venues like beaches, parks, hiking trails it will give people something to do and they can keep their distance. Then slowly open up other areas and see how it goes.

Well I just cleaned yesterday. Probably more of the same today. It way easier when I have nobody to work around. Well, except the furry kids.

Have a great day.

Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:22 pm

I posted pictures in Quilt Photos of my first 10 finished of my "crumb quilt" or "crazy blocks". Think maybe it will look good to sash them with black or a Polka dot on black. Just thinking.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”