Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday April 20th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday April 20th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:09 am

Good morning,,well April is zooming by, We have about 10 more days till the state starts opening,,,slowly...I have mixed feeling about it....I want it to be over so I can spend time with my family....but I am afraid still. Mask making has become a lifestyle here and requests still are coming in...each day. it has slowed down but I have a bag on my porch to be picked up. My oldest son came by to get a new mask...his elastic broke...I gave him a tie one to try. Then i couldnt help myself I gave him a huge hug....He has been in and so hve I...it was the best hug ever,,,so today back to house work and laundry...and I will work on a qui;t since I have a pile of masks to give if needed, I have 15 redy to sew if a call comes in, but right now quilting is calling me Sunshine and great weather today I hope..Need my vitamin C..so a walk will be in order.....have a wonderful day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Monday April 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:49 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I bet that was a nice hug! I haven't seen my son since September and I really would love a hug like you got! I think our state will start to slowly open some things about May 4th-ish. And the success of it will depend on people themselves and how they behave. That's a concept that some folks just don't seem to be able to comprehend.

LORI - things always come in threes. It's a small appliance, but my iron just wouldn't heat one day last month. Can we count that as the third one? We ordered a new fridge from Costco yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.

CHRISS - as for slippers - Autumn gave me a pair of UGHS slippers, moccasin style, about 9 years ago. And I'm still wearing them. They are SOOO comfortable and don't get loose and sloppy fitting. I wear them every day, all day, inside and outside. I LOVE them. They were $100 - spendy - but so worth it! And that's my 2 cents worth.

Yesterday, we shopped on line for a fridge - we knew about what we wanted so it narrowed the field. Then, before actually ordering it from Costco, we went to Lowe's to see it in person. Glad we did because then we changed our mind and went with a different model, but still ordered from Costco on-line. We gloved and masked and joined the line of people waiting to get into Lowe's. An employee was allowing only so many shoppers in at a time. Only about 1/4 of the people were masked, but most folks were careful about distancing. It was the first time I've made a "public appearance" since March 16. Felt kind of weird. In sewing news, I cut apart my Paris sewing panel and will sew it back together today. I told Bill we really need to start quilting some tops soon. I have about 15 backed up, ready for quilting.

Coffee is done and I need a cuppa! Make today a good one!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 am

Morning
My son is changing employers. A local company made him an amazing offer. Do he will drop the Werner truck off in Cali, and May 6 check in with Crete in Springfield. So it is the best time to move their stuff. Their household goods will be stored in our barn...there is lots of room. Barn is size if 4 car garage, plus we have our 2 car garage on house, plus a 20 foot sea container behind barn. Idea is they will stay in house with us & in 5 months or so drop a double wide mobile home on property, fully paid for, on our property....we have 11 acres.
Time for coffee
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:06 am

Good morning everyone Cloudy after a light rain
Judi Our DS comes & keeps his distance not any fun I sure miss the hugs too

Maryz Do a new frig too And new furniture & iron You will be fixed now
DH has been about the same because he doesn’t go anywhere anymore except Dr & lab work I offered to take him for a ride but he said no He’s content at Home
Like our DS said yesterday we can see mts trees nature not like sitting in an apartment And he can go outside too

Flo Glad DS found a better job & close at Home is so much better Hope it all works out for all

I got a late start this morning but no rush
Lol Hope everyone has a great day even in the midst of this trial we are having. Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:18 am

Good morning Ladies,
Yes Judi april is flying by yesterday I got a couple of more orders for mask so I started them and I will finish them up today and get them out in the mail today.
As far as this state opening up I doubt if we will be ready by June I saw my niece had shared a petition to open up hair and nail salons all I could do is laugh .

Well time for me to get ready for the day
I hope you all have a great 1.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:26 am

Good Morning! It's hard to believe that April is flying by.
There has been talk here about making crazy blocks. Another friend was also piecing scraps to make fabric. So I was linked with a "crumb" quilt video. Not sure what scraps I actually had accumulated, I decided to give it a whirl. It's kinda fun putting the scraps together and watch how each piece blends into the next. I am making mine 10". I think these could be used in a variety of future blocks along with other 10" squares.
Anyway, that's what I am up to.
Using my scraps!! When this pandemic is over, we all will be out shopping for new fabrics. 😀
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:57 am

Good morning from SC. Our gov. is going to start opening up the state tomorrow. Not sure what businesses he will start with. I like so many of you are worried and no one has a crystal ball to predict the next few weeks. I think we still have to be extra cautious for a long time to come. I doubt we will ever return to what we did and had in the past. If only people would continue to be careful.

LQS is taking phone orders and after 1 you can pick up, curbside only. Fabric is on sale 25% off. I need a few yards of red with small white polka dots, hope the women can help me but I doubt it. I have most of the blocks done and want this to be part of the outer border.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:05 am

VELDA - way to get creative! Have fun with your scraps. I'm a scrap ho so love seeing them used up. At the price of fabric these days, it only makes good sense. I like your idea of mixing your blocks in with others.

FLO - that's great that your son has a new, more local job. Will he be driving local or is the company just based local?

BECCA - Yikes! I forgot about the new furniture! It's been so long since we ordered it - last January. It won't be delivered until after things open back up here. And if we'd known we would be buying a fridge in April, you can bet we'd never have gotten the furniture. It sounds like you live right in the middle of a little bit of heaven, so I can see why your CA is content. Though a short ride through the Parkway might be enticing . . .

DIANE - it will be scary opening things back up again and the success of it will depend on how people act. I know I won't be first in line anyplace!!

CINDY - what did you do over the weekend? How is Don feeling?

all for now, my cat needs some attention.
mz

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:07 am

Good morning and happy Monday. It's going to be a marvelous day.

Cali has decided to procure some hotel rooms to help with any homeless who need to "shelter in place" Not sure how that will play out. I want to check out the Bill Gates vaccine info. I am trying to figure out what is true and what isn't.

I decided to shop on line yesterday. Bought my slippers, some jeans for Jerry and some elastic. It felt good but I still want to GO shopping.

Lori, how far did Bill and DS get? It's a long drive to Illinois. Funny isn't it, once you get past Texas all the states seem fairly close together and easy to get to. Yay for fixing the washer.

Jana, hopefully people get the facts and act accordingly. We are all tired of staying home and not being with people. During the Spanish flu they lifted the quarantine early, celebrated with a parade and within a few days the hospitals were full of flu victims.

Judi, I would have taken the hug too and I would have thrown in an extra squeeze. Bet it did you both good.

Maryz, glad you went and checked out the fridge before purchasing. Some things you just need to have the way you like them. I ordered cheap amazon slippers. they will be fine. Ugs are nice, my favorite slippers were Bobs by Skechers.

Flo, what a great opportunity for your son. And it will be good to have him near you. I hope the job works perfectly for him. We have a mobile home we put on this property. It works perfectly for us. but as the kids were living here I wished their bedrooms were a little bigger.

Becca, as I read your post the rooster was crowing like crazy. Sounds like he is in my yard. The neighbors have a fancy white chicken. A fluffy bird. Moose really chased him the other day. Oddly she doesn't seem to be able to fly. Moose would get a feather in his mouth and the taste of it made him slow down long enough for me to grab his collar and get him inside. The chicken lives another day.

Lois, I would love a hair cut but am not sure I want to go into a salon. I'm not sure that even a petition will open your nieces salon but I give her credit for trying to figure out a way to keep things going.

Velda, your crazy quilt will be really cool. and what a great way to use the last bit of fabric left over from a project.

Diane, I hope you find your fabric. I'm curious to know which businesses open in your state.

Stay healthy girls,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:42 am

Hi y'all. I've been reading here so now don't have much time to respond. It seems like everyone's life has changed. The only change in mine is that we can't go to a restaurant and eat. We can pick up or get delivery but no going in and sitting for a relaxing meal. I haven't been to the grocery store in a month. I can tell you one place that is hopping - Lowe's. Good grief!!!! Don and I went there on Saturday and it took us 2 hours to pickup 2 boxes of Airstone and the goop to stick 'em to the wall. I'm guessing that 3/4 of the people had on masks which was good. Everyone was very considerate about the 6' distance. But I've never seen Lowe's so full of people. I guess so many people are staying home so they are doing home improvements/maintenance as there is nothing better to do. I wanted to pick up paint chips and I had to stay back as did others - we just patiently waited our turns. So this weekend we put up the stone wall under the bar. They tore down our other one when our kitchen cabinet flooded and they had to tear out that wall. That's been a while and we've been looking at the plain wall ever since so we got busy over the weekend and put the stone back up. Don's feeling normal - just the regular old age aches and pains.

One more thing to tell y'all. All day Saturday Tootie (the Chihuahua) was growling and walking in circles and growling some more. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She never behaves like that. When we put her in her kennel she was still growling. Sunday morning Don figured it out. I had one of my wigs on a head on the kitchen island so I could take a picture of it to put on eBay. That's what had her so upset - that head on the island. Bless her heart. Because we were working on the stone wall I didn't take the time to snap a picture of it and I would have put the wig back in my room if I'd known that was what all the growling and circling was about.

I hope we can all fondle some fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”