Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friday april 17th

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: friday april 17th

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:23 am

Good morning!

There is a sun shining at the end of the tunnel! Clear blue skies, and no rain or snow in sight!

Michael has been researching whole house surge protectors. He is refering to them as zap suckers, well, it is what they do. Michael has found what he wants and is orderung it online, along with what else he needs. He and Matt, both electrical engineers can do the installation. Me, I will hide, while they do the work - too many chiefs! LOL!

Got a Gracie story for y'all. Our little Lila got sick, and needed to go and visit the Dr. She is fine now. But with having 2 EMT's as parents, Gracie , who is 5 now, takes this virus very seriously. Sarah had to watch Gracie, while Lila was at the Dr office. So Gracie donned a mask, left it on, washed her hands, several times and played with Ethan. Gracie told Aunt Sarah, that she will leave her mask on, so no one can get the virus. Better than some adults we hear of! Now for the Lila story. She just turned 2. Lila plays with a toy stethescope and yesterday put it on, right, I may say, and held the end around on her back, telling Aaron, owie, it hurts. It did hurt, and she would cry a bit. The Dr thinks Lila may have a UTI, but not sure, as Lila didn't have all the symtoms. Lila did the same thing with the stethescope in the Dr's office, showing the nurses. Made their day, that a 2 year old, could show them how to us one. Big smiles on their faces. Dr thinks Lila may be dehydrated, since she no longer has a bottle. Aaron is pushing liquids and monitoring the amounts. Kate was on duty with all this happening. Oh, what little eyes see and do!

Well, not much else,
Stay Safe!

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:35 am

Merry Christmas all from very snowy NW Ohio! We are supposed to get 3-5 inches today and then tomorrow it will be 50+ degrees and will all melt away. Will never be able to mow my yard for a while. I have to admit it is pretty though since I don't have to go out in it. Smoke doesn't like it though.

Will be doing some sewing, reading and hopefully some ambition to clean. Even I am getting "stir crazy".

Izzy - So sorry that you have kidney stones. I had them several years ago and the pain was so bad. Like someone else said having my sons didn't feel that bad. They wouldn't pass so I had to go to the hospital to have them broken up so I could pass them. I will definitely be praying for you.

Glad to see that people are starting to get their stimulus checks. it will come in handy for all of us. So glad to hear that states are going to start opening back up little by little. That is good news for those who have lost their jobs. At the plant where my DS1 is a planner they are bringing all of the workers back on Monday and even giving them a bonus for being off. His company got some of the money from the government to bring their workers back. They make parts for the auto companies so they will being working to get parts stockpiled.

Well better go get some breakfast and coffee. Hope everyone stays safe and has a good day.

Sherry

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:42 am

my trip to the store went well got every thing on my list. and I am good for 2 weeks...hoping things will start to open up by then. I did hand out a few masks in the store and they had toilet paper///so success.

Return to “Sew ins”