Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, April 16

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Thursday, April 16

Post by auntjana » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:23 am

Well, we don't need a rooster here, we have earthquakes for a wake up calls. Another good size aftershock just a couple of minutes ago. We are fine. Oh, it is snowing too.

Jana

Oh, too, it is the great shakeout day - usually practice drills if we had a earthquake and what you are supposed to do. Well, Mother Nature provided a realistic simulation for us! LOL!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:04 am

Good morning all! Wish it would warm up so I could mow the yard. We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight and then Saturday will be in the 50's. Went to town this morning to get gas in the car and my newspapers. Have plenty of groceries for now though so that is good. This staying home is getting to me and I am not a goer. Very few people here are wearing masks at all. When I go to the store I am careful though so I don't get close to people. If I were required to wear a mask don't know what I would do because just can't stand anything on my face. I am just really careful the few times I go out.

Teresa - Will remember your sister in my prayers when I do my morning Bible study.

Izzy - Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon. According to an article in my newspaper the first people to get the stimulus are those who got tax refunds, then the Social Security recipients and then the people who don't file income taxes. So your daughter might be in one of the next groups. Hope she does get something. I hope the government doesn't get this messed up. I do know several people who have already gotten theirs also. I am in the Social Security direct deposit group which is supposed to start next week. We will see.

Judi - According to the news here last night they said that your governor will not let people buy paint or anything to work on their homes at the Home Depot or etc. places while they are laid off. If that is true that is a bit too much for me.

Well better go get something to eat. I will be so glad when this all gets over. I am so tired of seeing our "civil liberties" being ignored. To me that is almost scarier than the virus. Sorry I will get off my high horse now.

Hope everyone stays safe and well. Have a good day.

Sherry

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:00 am

Quiltmom wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:04 am
Good morning all! Wish it would warm up so I could mow the yard. We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight and then Saturday will be in the 50's. Went to town this morning to get gas in the car and my newspapers. Have plenty of groceries for now though so that is good. This staying home is getting to me and I am not a goer. Very few people here are wearing masks at all. When I go to the store I am careful though so I don't get close to people. If I were required to wear a mask don't know what I would do because just can't stand anything on my face. I am just really careful the few times I go out.
Sheri, our governor said you cannot buy at the big box stores due to the fact that too many people congregate there...but you can buy all of those things to do home improvements at any local small business..as long as you adhere to social distancing and keep nimber of people in the store to a minimum.

Teresa - Will remember your sister in my prayers when I do my morning Bible study.

Izzy - Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon. According to an article in my newspaper the first people to get the stimulus are those who got tax refunds, then the Social Security recipients and then the people who don't file income taxes. So your daughter might be in one of the next groups. Hope she does get something. I hope the government doesn't get this messed up. I do know several people who have already gotten theirs also. I am in the Social Security direct deposit group which is supposed to start next week. We will see.

Judi - According to the news here last night they said that your governor will not let people buy paint or anything to work on their homes at the Home Depot or etc. places while they are laid off. If that is true that is a bit too much for me.

Well better go get something to eat. I will be so glad when this all gets over. I am so tired of seeing our "civil liberties" being ignored. To me that is almost scarier than the virus. Sorry I will get off my high horse now.

Hope everyone stays safe and well. Have a good day.

Sherry

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 am

Omg got rushed in to dr. Terrible day

Started off ok. Yesterday was really nauseous all day and had gut pain, wrote it off something ate or stomach bug.

This morning all good the cows got out so out there I was trying to round them up. Nope so called hubby for help. Home he came.

While waiting for him had to take lil man potty. Then it hit. Such a stabbing wrenching pain in my right side took me to floor. I got lil mans pants on then doubled over in floor fetal position now crying it hurt so much. Lil man thought was playing so he imitated me which made me giggle. I told him to go watch for ops and yell for him to help oma.

I heard DH open door and sweet boy kept saying oma hurt oma hurt. His speech is bad so DH only got oma part and said show me. He said up here oma hurt. DH found me in floor still crying.

Called dr went straight in had urine taken. Kidney stones. Omg 😱 has to be worst pain ever. So now on pain med and nausea med and sitting in chair. Right now pain minimal as long as don’t move.

Ugh we think all the ibuprofen and calcium and supplements may be cause. I’ve been off ibuprofen for week now so we think that is main culprit. Ugh 😩

So is my life .never a dull moment. Please pray will pass soon
🐐izzy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Praying for you Izzy. Hope the pain eases up soon.

I just received a call from my manager. He doesn't want me to return to work yet, so I will not be going back tomorrow after all. The virus took the lives of two of our associates within this week. Our county is still increasing in numbers and severity of people being attacked with this illness.

Starting tomorrow, I think I should start working on some more spring cleaning and get more purging completed. We'll see what tomorrow brings though.

Prayers and hugs for everyone.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”