Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday April 14

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Tuesday April 14

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:59 am

Well where is everyone today? Or are you all waiting for me? LOL
I have been drinking coffee, reading emails, etc. Waiting for someone to start our chat today. Must be a good day to sleep in.
I have been avoiding having to tell you all, but it has been one week now, and my heart is having a hard time healing. I know it takes time. But on April 7, we had to say goodbye to our sweet Willy.
He just got so sick and still not totally sure if it was cancer or just old age. He turned 14 on January 2. He had developed a very picky appetite, which was totally outside his character, but otherwise, very active and appeared happy and healthy. He started to go downhill fast after we got home here to Illinois. Anyway, I am trying to keep myself busy and just giving ourselves time to grieve. Didn't feel like talking about it at first. You all are such great friends, so I wanted to share this.
Now to get back to sewing more masks. I gave our veterinary office 17 masks last week. Yesterday I took 13 more. That gives them 3 for each staff member. They sent me a beautiful thank you card. And also the sweetest sympathy card. They are such a loving and compassionate place.
Hugs to all. We will get through All of this!
Velda
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Re: Tuesday April 14

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:08 am

Good Morning Velda....Sun is shining but it is cold here...the wind has died down...but still cold/ Got a call yesterday for masks for a nursing center,,,they have none...we managed to get together 50-60 masks they will be picked up today..myself and 3 other sewers did what we could...we are all out of elastic right now so tie masks are it. I ordered it on April 7 and it is saying shipped but our postal snd shipping in the country is slowed down.. Amazon is shipping only essentials right now. so tie masks are ok. I did 28 last night,,I will try to get a few stashed and go back to my snow man quilt...I did manage to trace some applique shapes when the call came. we are slowly getting some yard work done,,,but it was so windy hard to rake...well I need coffee and clean up a few messes and laundry might need to be danced with,,,have a wonderful day all XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:49 am

Velda- I'm so sorry about your Willy. He lived a long life and I feel quite sure it was a really good one with you as his mom. Do you plan on getting another dog at some point?

Judi - you are FAST - 28 masks in one evening. I couldn't get that many done if my life depended on it.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:05 am

Good morning Everyone,
Went to Bj's today already got some stuff and we left next is the food store but as usual wipe everything before it gets put away

After all this is done I have mt. Wash more to do then maybe some sewing

Velda sorry to here about Willy he had a good life with you but now he is having fun with his friends in heaven.

Well I have to go everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:25 am

Oops! I waited so long, but Becca and I doubled. Sorry to have two places started. That was why I waited so long today. Sorry gal's! I am now at laundromat getting that job done. I was only one here at first. There were 7 other washers with (dry), unwashed clothes, just sitting. I knew someone was coming soon. Must have forgot their soap and quarters? Go figure! Seems weird.
And they aren't wearing masks! Oh, I want to get this done!!!
Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Return to โ€œSew insโ€