Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, April 13th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Monday, April 13th

Post by suzette58 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:51 am

Good morning everyone.
I woke up this morning to rain and wind. Around the Martinsville Speedway there are tornado warnings. Nasty weather. Yesterday I spent the whole day in my sewing room. I finished my clues for the mystery quilts and quilted just about all of the Halloween quilt. After the morning cleaning I will end up in my sewing room. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I am off to get another cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Monday, April 13th

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:23 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day I cooked and talked on the phone tried to find something on the TV to watch but nothing so I watched movies that I recorded.
Today I will go into the sewing room that still isn't cleaned up I will find something to sew.
Yes it's raining here and suppose to all day today.
Well that's all the news for today I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:50 am

Good Morning. We have lots of wind today and a very cold week ahead. It's ok, though because we are staying indoors. I have been making a few masks. Not as many as you all have accomplished, but for me, I still feel like I am helping a few people.
Nothing else exciting here. I am off to get coffee. Stay safe! Stay happy.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:13 am

Good morning everyone after a nite of tornado watches thunder wind rain & lightning So thankful it’s over
I have to go get my allergy shots today Been overa month so off I go

We had a good Easter filled with FaceTimes calls and videos of kids hunting eggs I also watched services on TV Was different but enjoyed it
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:35 am

WOW! At 4 a.m. the rain and wind was my wake up call. YUK!
We had a nice Easter, just the 2 of us. We zoomed with the kids and that was fun.
Got a flight planned to see them all in Oct. but who knows.
2 couples and us (cousins) had plans for Ireland, Scotland and England in July. We did take the insurance and hopefully we can get a full refund. Now no one wants to leave their homes, never mind leave the country.
Working on top with blocks from El's 40 Fabulous years book. It'll be just the top, I have a couple set upstairs never know when I need a special gift. Need to get RWB fabric from Joan's stash but with the weather today I'll wait til tomorrow.
Thunder is starting to roll into the area-so I'll get off till later.
Keep safe.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:01 am

Good morning,,,windy and rain here,,,,it is supposed to be dangerous winds,,,,I have 3 ladies picking up masks today,,,I may have to put them between the doors to keep them from blowing all over the place...I told them 9am so that I had time to get them in place and get coffee in me....
We had a quiet Easter... ! son came by to chat standing about 10 ft away...He has been quarentined for 14 days so he just wanted to say hi and see if we needed anything,,,,,then a while later DD stopped by with some snacks for us...we dont eat a lot but she said we needed them...LOL Nice to see her from far away too...She has not been at her office for 2 weeks but is working from home. wanted to hug really bad....

Mask making is slowed down here,,I have about 10 made and 20 cut then I am out of elastic, I found a partial pack in a closet box. I will make with ties and renew the post on out township site...maybe in a day or 2...we have strict travel rules here so a lot less people on the road...I had to go pick up a prescrition yesterday,,and there still are a lot of pople without masks.. i think everyone should try to cover...well hope you have a great day,,,hope this goes away soon....prayers and good thoughts. My nephew a fireman and his wife a nurse are on 14 day quarentine due to symptoms....they are both fine so far and their kids are fine but quite worried...She is the nurse we made the first batch of masks for. hes a paramedic. prayers would be appreciated for them too..XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:11 am

Good morning, wasn't that a fun Easter?

Jerry fixed a ham and some fixin's then the neighbors came up and I went over there and visited most of the afternoon. The boys hunted eggs and had fun. The 5 year old has a donkey and he puts on this big Sombrero and off he goes. They are still fixing things up at the house. they need to do one bathroom and the flooring then they are ready. I love them

Lois, I love that the Easter bunny came through town on a fire truck. What a cool thing for the kids to be a part of.

Becca, while I have been working at home I have listened to music on line. I think today I will listen to CSN radio, I could use some preaching. Hope things are going well for you and for CA.

Judi, prayers for your niece and nephew. Hope your elastic arrives. I have seen some available on Amazon but it also won't deliver until May somehting.

Maryz, Nice that the Easter bunny stopped by your house but trapping it in a box won't get you extra eggs. I won't shut my door to Moose, he is often laying on the floor next to my table. I do like working from home but imagine when I do get back to the office there will be piles of stuff on my desk. And it's looking like this all may last through April and perhaps go into May. Yay for you losing 3 pounds.

Kathy, sounds like your needs have been met. TP, Jelly beans and church. Can't ask for more than that. Nice to have clean drawers. You could think of it like opening a gift each time you open a drawer.

Jana, I just love that your kids made Easter exciting for the rest of the family. When this is over give them a hug from me. you raised good people.

Maryq, sorry about the elastic cost. I passed on information I learned form facebook. That will teach me. I think we should have a celebration on Wednesday to christen your new potty room. I also love reading the theories about this virus. latest one was that it is germ warfare. I also read that China really had 30 million deaths and they know this because China requires their citizens to have a cell phone for tracking their movement and recently 30 million cell phone accounts have been cancelled.

Suzette, I love that you do mystery quilts. I'm too chicken because I want to know what it's going to turn out to be before I start. I look forward to seeing the picture of yours.

I got up early this morning, just too hot to sleep and I woke thinking of the work stuff. Hoping it will help me sleep good tonight.

You girls have a marvelous day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:55 am

Hi girls. I hope everyone had a pleasant Easter. Our was very quiet. It was also the twins' birthday yesterday but could only talk to them on the phone. They're 12 - I can't believe it.

Those of you on the east of me, I hope you had no damage from those terrible storms. We had some wind and a little rain. We were very lucky from what I've seen on TV. Yesterday was gorgeous but 92*. We got out and planted our Plumeria and Don mowed and edged. Saturday Don worked and I waited on a guy to come from Lowe's to measure the back door for a new one. A little rot down at the bottom corner is how the snake got in the house I think. I showed Don where I could see daylight and he decided, yep, that's how the snake got in. We were going to replace that door anyway but he'd been lallygaggin' around about it. After the snake incident he got his butt busy about that door.

That's it for me. Boring life as usual but it's better than tragedy, right?

I hope we can all fondle some fabric today.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:21 am

Good morning,

CHRISS - Love that you love your neighbors. And a donkey! They are so fun! Don't they have cows, too, in the pasture? I'm glad Moose is your co-worker. Autumn has 5 cats for co-workers. At least Moose probably isn't strolling across your keyboard!

SUZ - when you finish the clues, does that mean you know what your quilt is going to look like? I did a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt once. I got enough done to see I didn't like the color matches she was using so I tossed what I'm made so far into the orphan box and started over with Christmas fabrics. Loved it then.

LOIS - I hope you find something to sew! Jana got me started on crazy blocks and now I'm hooked. I've got 50+ finished. I decided I want to make a king quilt with these 5-1/2" blocks. Seems I need 441 blocks.

VELDA - Hope you don't blow away in your storm.

CINDY - at least now you know how the snake got in. I think I'd want snake proof fencing in the yard, too!

BECCA - Will you be able to get your drive up shots today? You reminded me how my parents used to watch Biship Fulton J. Sheen on TV when I was little. I'd forgotten all about that!

DIANE - I hope that trip insurance works well for you! I wouldn't want to take that trip now either. In fact, I'm pretty sure we'll even cancel our RV trip to the east coast this fall because I expect a resurgence of this virus and it seems a lot more concentrated in all the places we wanted to go.

JUDI - You've really been a mask-making queen! Glad you found more elastic but you really deserve to play with a block on your snowman quilt . . Nice to see at least two of your kids!

Like most of you, my days runneth together. I've been sewing in the mornings and gardening in the afternoons. One day this week, we'll order a restaurant meal again. Looking forward to that! We'll get our mail that day, too, which is next to the restaurant we'll probably be going to.

I still see quite a bit of traffic on the main roads, but I'm wondering if some of it is just people getting out and simply going for a ride to get out of the house. . . And isn't it ironic that gas prices are so low right now and we can't take advantage of them! We have our pick-up parked in the shop hooked to a battery tender and haven't even used 1/4 tank of gas in our car in the last 4 weeks.

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay home!

Mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 am

Good morning!

Just waiting on the repair tech. We have everything covered in the area he'll be at. Only one problem, they were supposed to call on Friday with the time, never did. The original day for the repair was tomorrow, but they changed it to today. Michael will be calling them in a few minutes.

Not much here. The roads are very quiet, except for a few and a idiot or two. Aaron had to deal with a idiot on Saturday, who thought, since the freeways are empty, he could drive his very expensive, very fast sportscar, any speed he wanted. Misjudged a turn, clipped a gore point barrier and destroyed the car and himself too. Laws of physics cannot be broken, you will pay the consquences. He did with his life. I remember being in Driver's Ed class in high school, learning the phrase, speed kills - yes it does. That was a lot of years ago!

Well better change from jammies to presentable clothes,

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”