Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, April 13th

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Monday, April 13th

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:48 am

Good morning all! I am coming to you from very windy NW Ohio. The gusts are supposed to get up to 60 mph by this afternoon. Even too much to fly a kite. Took Sweetie's sample in the morning and the meds must have worked. She is worm free. They will double check in a month. That is about the only "excitement" in our house. DS2 Doug stopped over yesterday to check on me he said but I really think he is getting bored at home. I know my DGSs are. We watched some old baseball game on TV. he agrees with me that he is getting anxious for baseball to start up. They loved the pecan pie that I had made for them. In his words he said that they devoured it.

Though quiet I did enjoy some of the church services that I watched on TV yesterday. Seemed so weird seeing the churches empty. It was an Easter that none of us will forget.

Suzette - Stay safe where you live. I saw where you are getting more storms today.

Vel - congrats to you and all the other ladies here on this chat room who are making masks for all of the ones who need them. You are great Christians.

Diane - Sorry about your trip to Europe in July. Hope you get your money back all right. My DS1 Rob and I had planned a trip to Las Vegas in early December but decided to wait until the Spring just in case.

Judi - If I get out to Meijer's to get some groceries the end of the week will check to see if they have got any elastic for you.

Chriss - I don't trust anything the Chinese say. They are so secretive of anything they do. I have always felt that they were lying about the number of people sick in their country with the large population that they have.

Cindyg - So glad you found the spot where the snake came in and it will get fixed. Since I live in the country I see garter snakes by my pond quite often, but luckily none have ever invited themselves into my house.

Maryz - Like you I have used very little gas in the last month. It is so cheap here also.

Well, better get going and make some breakfast for me. When I stopped at Bob Evans to get my Sunday morning takeout breakfast after I got my Sunday papers I also got some sausage gravy and biscuits for me to have today. Boy do I miss going to Bob Evans for my usual Monday morning breakfast. I know that is not important compared to other things but I do miss it. The first thing I am going to do when things get opened back up is get my hair cut. It looks terrible.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe.

Sherry

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:53 am

Better late then never. Lol

Today went got moms meds and headed there. Went thru her cabinet n fridge with her to make grocery list. Getting ready to put it in.

Got busy taking apart T-shirts’ for quilt foe a cousin whose daughter is graduating high school this year. Quilt will be queen size.

Also worked on cutting blocks for ugrr blocks. Then started on DDIL quilt top for her mom bday. Busy in sewing room

Kids came over for Easter dinner. Lil man got to Easter egg hunt. Too cute. Lil monster. He is growing up so fast.

Nothing else new here. Thinking of all you east of me be careful with storms 😍

Hugs prayers 🙏 happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:03 am

Looks like you are getting some nasty storms on the east coast. I thought our rain was over, but no. It's came down this morning pretty good about 0400. It had stopped by the time I got up, so we were able to get our walk in.

Chriss, sounds like you'll have neighbors soon. The sound of kids play outside is a lovely sound.

Judi, I'm hoping my elastic gets here this week.

Well my DS is in Tucson AZ for the next week and a half. He thought they would cancel the work trip, but they didn't. They have a government contract for the F-16's. I guess they think it's important enough to send him. Hope all goes well while he is there.

Not much new here. I need to get my taxes done in the next few days. Maybe some sewing in the afternoon/evening.

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:42 pm

We also had a quiet Easter. Watched church service on YouTube with our Pastor in MI. (We've been in TN since 1990!) Our daughters, one in CT and one in FL also watched with their families. Kind of felt like we were together again. We all loved that Pastor. He came to our church fresh out of seminary - married two of our 3 kids. Debbie said "It was funny to see Peter. I still think of him as a kid." What is really 'funny' is that Debbie is a little younger than Peter! And Peter has announced his intention to retire in a year.

To be honest, I'm getting really tired of fixing 3 meals a day. We just had tacos for Easter dinner. I'd much rather be sewing or reading!

Made a pillowcase for my DH out of fabric I found years ago in Paducah. Has Cheez Its all over it. When I sent a picture to my kids, our son asked if I had fabric with Chex Mix. One daughter 'researched' it and actually found some! So I ordered it last night and will surprise Glen with a pillowcase. He's a Chex Mix nut. Whenever he comes to visit or we visit him I HAVE to have Chex Mix for him.

Oh, yes - we had 4.30" of rain yesterday! No other bad weather, thank goodness. Feel so bad about those south of us with the terrible tornadoes!!

And Lori, I just noticed that we joined the QIAD forum just two days apart in 2007!

I love reading about what you all are doing. You are really good virtual friends, and are sure needed these days.

Love to all of you!
Ann/gmaann
XOX

Return to “Sew ins”