Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 11, 2020

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday April 11, 2020

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:26 am

Good Morning sunny again but cold here, all our snow melted but its only in the 30s right now...I am still in the mask making business, elastic still hasnt come they are still saying may 22. But I will keep making with what I have and make tie ones too...the response in our towm has been a bit overwhelmong. but I have managed to keep up...Our governor/queen has made more orders and while I understand the severity of the situation. The hardships are also severe. I will stay home and hope all these restrictions do help. Off the box I need coffee and laundry and change the sheets and stuff....It will not seem like Easter weekend but it will be a time for prayer,,,XXXXXXOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Saturday April 11, 2020

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:19 am

Hello everyone & Happy Easter even if it isn’t like normal
Here it’s in the 30s also sunny but cold
Our Governor said anyone attending Mass or Sunrise services will be quarantined for 14 days
I have laundry going And will make a few masks to have on hand if needed I keep mailing out everyday
Have a wonderful day everyone
Judi It is sure a time to pray. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 am

Morning
Days seem to run together. It's Easter weekend and the churches are quiet ..I can't wait to get back to mass.
My blackberry starts seem to like their new home. I see new little leaves. Planted sunflower seeds along with geranium, carnation, lavender & yellow pear tomatoes in seed trays...and I see little plants! Had to bring seed trays in house for night last night & next couple of nights because of a cold snap.
Other than that, things same old here.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:49 am

Good morning!

The sun is about to pop over the mountains. We are covered in lots of clouds. I have daffodils blooming and tulips about too.

Ethan came over yesterday to share the first fruits of his garden with Grandpa. A radish. Perfect size and they both love radishes. Ethan has planted more radishes to harvest in a couple more weeks.

Not much more, just sewing masks, crazy blocks, and patiently waiting for Monday and my oven back! I have a fabric order that has finally been shipped. It has a quilt book from Lori Holt in it as well. Like I need another book! It will be fun!

Stay safe!

Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:07 am

Chilly start to the day. 2 days ago was 80 and now its 65- Brr! Sunny and hope to open up a window or two. Love the smell. We're done what a lot of people are doing and that is staying close to home. Going to the food store when is necessary- every couple of weeks.
Working on masks then want to finish the tops for qov. Got the fabric from the lqs-curbside only. Don't know if they will try to do this again next week.

Doesn't feel like Easter but with zoom our family will say a prayer together tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good day .

I'll be hopping along.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 am

Good morning!

JANA - I like radishes, too. My dad always planted them sparsely in every row in his garden because they came up so quickly and marked his rows. What LH book did you order? Her books are fun. I have both FGV and the Christmas one.

FLO - glad all your little plant babies are doing so well.

BECCA - all church services are cancelled here and have been for weeks. Even a drive-by Communion service has been cancelled. I just don't know what people are thinking to go to those services we saw on the news in the Southeast.

JUDI - the restrictions DO help. It's the only thing that helps - staying home and the 6-foot rule. Though, for outdoor walkers, runners, etc, their breath is expelled at a greater propulsion so go further and linger longer in the air. Hope your elastic comes soon. What are we going to do with all the elastic that arrives after the needs have diminished?? But just think of the difference you are making in your community!

CHRISS - No, my iron hasn't shown up yet. I think it's hanging out somewhere with the comforter we ordered last January. My Sunbeam iron was purrfect - no spitting, no leaking, turned itself off after about 15 minutes. If I hadn't used it 5 -6 hours a day 5 days a week it probably would have lasted a lifetime. I had a Shark once and it went berzerk, heated up so fast and so hot the handle burned my hand. It was 6 months old. Where do you have your office set up?

LORI - WHAT??!? The stuff on FB might not be true??? But how can that be?? You must have read that on FB! :lol: Sorry to hear your DFIL is so ill. I hope things stay stable until your hubby can get back there.

DIANE - you're closing windows because you are DOWN to 65 and we're opening them because we're UP to 65!

Yesterday was a flurry of masks, walking, and yardwork. And for excitement we drove 2 miles and picked up our mail. I also made some more crazy blocks. I have 21 done now. Like the fabric, I'm using scraps of time to make them. Had no idea they were so much fun! I think I'll call this quilt Crazy Corona. I expect the weekend, even though it's Easter, will be much like the last many days. And they have been good days if not varied.

Happy Easter!
m
ary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 am

Good Morning Girls

Chilly here this morning too... but for now the sun is shining.. tho I don't expect it to last as there's a 50-50 chance we'll get some rain today. NBD (no big deal).. I'll be inside all day anyway!

In case you are looking for elastic... Check Ebay and look for NOMADIC TRADERS company. They are located in Pennsylvania.. so shipping SHOULD be quicker. Can't remember the price, but it looked like had a lot in stock. I saw it on FB earlier this morning. I have some on order that should be here any day, but I'm still thinking about ordering more.. just in case.

My carpenter will be here any minute... guess I better go comb my hair! Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have an UPSTAIRS toilet! :lol: :lol:

Hope you all enjoy your day.... what ever you do today.... Be Grateful

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:26 am

Good morning Everyone,
I have already made macaroni and potato salad and deviled eggs and I have cream cheese out to make cream cheese bars going to share with my brother and sister in law nextdoor.
I plan on going in my room when the cat gets done napping on my chair.
I think will all remember this easter I'm trying to stay indoors.
I hope everyone has a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:13 am

Good morning all! Just doesn't seem like Easter. I usually go to Rob and Sadie's in Elkhart for Easter. Well that is not going to happen this year. Will just be me, Smoke and Sweetie for dinner tomorrow.

Went to Meijer's yesterday because my toaster bit the dust. I could not believe how crowded it was in the store. The aisle's were packed with shoppers so I just got what I needed and left. I can't stand anything on my face so don't wear a mask but neither did about 95% of all the shoppers. When I went by Menards on the way home their parking lot was at least 90% full. I think we are all starting to go stir crazy here.

Tomorrow afternoon TCM is showing Ben Hur and then King Of Kings on TV. Will be watching both while doing my sewing. I love anything with Charleton Heston in it.

Well, better go get some lunch for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone stays safe and sound.

Have a Happy Easter tomorrow.

Sherry

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:46 am

Good morning. My back ordered CW fabric from Hancock's of Paducah came in yesterday. I finished up my UGRR swap blocks yesterday, and have them set aside to prepare for mailing once I get out for money to send for return postage and envelopes to mail in.

Today I will work on some more masks. In between I will do daily wipe downs and prepare for returning to work Friday.

Tomorrow, Easter, will be a day of prayer here.

Night before last I received a call from one of my nephews. A DSIL passed away Tuesday. (unrelated to coronavirus) My special needs nephew will move to Oregon to live with his cousin (nephew who called me). There is no other new news here. Everyone have a blessed day and stay safe.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”