Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 11, 2020

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Re: Saturday April 11, 2020

Post by TeresaK » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:54 am

Hello Everyone – It is good to see you are all well and not going to crazy. Yes it is hard to believe that Easter is tomorrow. I have been logging into daily devotions from the Pastor of the Baptist Church I used to go to. Still would but my place is with my husband. HE IS RISEN and I am so Grateful and Loved!!!!

Love the idea of the Crazy quilt blocks. I have loads of Scraps!! Even crazier would be to quilt it using the Toilet Paper Pantograph from Wasatch – LOLOL!!!!

It has been raining ALL WEEK and a good part of the week before. We seriously needed it. I now have a front yard given it is half beautiful weeds and about 1/8th Grass. I’ll take it!!!!!

My family is doing well. My sister Debbie and daughter, Carrie both came down with a very bad case of Larygitis. Both got tested and came back negative. It was a real scare for Carrie as she has Auto-immune Deficiency. This is a time where Spencer wished he had a brother or sister. It is really hard being an only child. He does Zoom with his friends but not the same.

I have been going back and forth quilting my last two quilts, making masks and sewing the 16.5” blocks in the Free Pattern section that I don’t have and a surprise. We did these patterns in the March Lotto month. It would be FUN to make a King Size Quilt from them.

We are making Flower Baskets this month (an easy pattern that can be chain stitched) and there is still time to join. Chriss and Valerie and I are using fabrics we already have and when you receive them just take pre-caution whiping down the outside package. We need to stitch together and remember the FUN we all had quilting our Winning blocks together. I do hope you can take time to join us.

Other than the above it has been chasing out the cats from their bird and mice trophies. They LOVE to show us. I do feel for the little ones. They don’t kill them. They just play soccer. Laundry, daily clean-ups and wipe-downs. Staying in touch with the kids, quilt friends and WW friends using Zoom and of course finding Toilet Paper LOLOL seriously LOLOLOL. We always seem to get there a few seconds to late. We go for the Kirkland brand at Costco. It doesn't react to sensitive skin. That's it from me. I Love reading all the going on's from many. It has been comforting. Scary looking at the map online so please stay safe and Warm/Hot.
Happy Stitching Everyone!!!!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday April 11, 2020

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:40 pm

Howdy peeps. Get it, it's almost Easter and I said Peeps. LOL. I crack me up sometimes.

Made a few masks today. I'm using flannel but am thinking of switching to cotton on one side and flannel on the other.

I've also seen some really cool things about how to tighten masks. A 6" by 2" crocheted piece with a button sewn on each end to hook the elastic straps on. A long strip of fabric, that you put over the top of your head, then take the tails that are from the scarf and thread them through the elastic on the mask then tie the scarf behind your head. I've also seen an oval piece of fabric with velcro to put through the elastic and sort of clip it behind your head. Amazing how many cleaver people are out there.

Lori, I pray that your Bill gets to go back to see his dad. I'm not buying slippers on Amazon. I'm just shopping for slippers on Amazon. I put things in my cart, take things out of my cart. Once I was doing that with printers. I found a HP printer for $25. In and out of my cart it went. then one day it ended up being delivered to me but I never ordered it. well my dad decided to send me a printer.

Jana, that Ethan is one blessed little boy. Imagine having grandpa a mere bicycle ride away and having grandpa love those radishes. I'ts good to be Ethan.

Maryz, I am just as shocked as you are that info from FB isn't true. I wonder what else we aren't privy to? Jerry and I often tell eachother something is true because we saw it on face book. My office is set up in my sewing room. I move my sewing machine and use that table as a desk. It's a nice view and until Moose puts his chin on my knee it's quiet.

Maryq, there is a quilt shop here in Cali, it's called Creation Station. They have elastic and will deliver it. https://www.thecreationstation.com/

Lois, I wish I lived next door. I love deviled eggs and mac salad. Not sure what cream cheese bars are but I am willing to be the taste tester.

Not much else going on here. Kind of boring.

Hope you all have a blessed Easter.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”