Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, April 8th

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Wednesday, April 8th

Post by cindyg » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:21 am

Happy birthday, Lois.

I've read but can't stay. Just wanted to tell y'all that my family has been SOOOO bored from staying home and not socializing but I entertained them when I got home from work yesterday. I had a snake in the house!!!! In the kitchen. I put a big tin that butter cookies come in over it and an 8 pack of cokes on top and sat there and watched it until Don got home 45 minutes later. While sitting there I messaged my sister that there was a snake in the house and then the party started. They were group texting back and forth and having a good time. Finally Don got home and killed it. UGH Why me, Lord? That's the second time I've had a snake in my house!

Y'all are doing so great with the masks. I was going to make some last night but there was too much excitement and by the time we fixed dinner it was 8:00 and I was too tired.

Maryz - sister-in-saw report?

I hope you can all fondle fabric today.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:56 am

Good morning all! I am getting so bored staying home that I am going to town this morning and mail my absentee ballot that we all have in Ohio. Because of virus they changed to all mail in absentee ballots. I want to make sure it has plenty of time to get there.

While in town think I will get a Toledo Blade and stop at Subway to bring home a foot-long sandwich. That will make 2 meals for me. it will also get me out a bit. I am not a big goer but even I am getting tired of staying in.

Happy Birthday Lois! Hope you get to celebrate some way and enjoy it.

Hope everyone stays well and safe. Have a good day. The sun is shining here today but going to be back in the 40's tomorrow.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:22 am

CINDY - so happy that you were able to offer up exciting entertainment to your family! How did that snake get in? Was it poisonous? I've had a few snakes in my house - thank you, Cats! - but here they are small and non-poisonous. Garter snakes. I sweep them out the sliding door with the broom. But still - snakes! My SIL, Marge, has survived to see their 59th anniversary today. She sleeps most of the time, eats nothing, and sips about 8 oz of Pepsi a day. My DB, Gene, takes care of her when she is awake, and tries to amuse himself when she's asleep. It's a waiting game. She doesn't really know who Gene is anymore, but knows that he's her "go to guy" when she needs something. Right now they are snowbound after a big snowstorm. Thanks for asking. And how is Don?

SHERRY - enjoy your outing today. WA has had all mail-in ballots for years. I was disappointed at first that we went that way, but now we really like it. Much easier to vote when we are traveling. We have our mail forwarded to us.

mz

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 am

Happy Birthday, Lois!

I want to wish 'GOOD HEALTH' to all my QIAD friends. I am usually not a big worrier, but this is such a worrisome time! We are safer here than out in public. I still try to walk each day, and there is not a lot of activity on my walking route, but I have noticed that whenever I see someone else, we greet each other, but stay far apart. My heart goes out to all those caregivers who work each day to take care of the ill!

BE SAFE, my FRIENDS!

Ann
XOX

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:46 am

Good Rainy Morning......from the last woman alive in the East coast!!!

I must agree about people not wearing masks. I went for a drive by a Walmart/grocery store I didn't see any masks? I'm going to finish my family's masks today. I'm making one for the ex, why? Not out of concern for his but because of Kimberly. No cooties for her.

Just got off the phone with my sister......a long call. Poor girl has too much time on her hands.

So far my town has 9 cases.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

Happy Happy Birthday....Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:14 am

Happy Birthday, Lois!

All you ladies are do awesome to sew so many masks!
I have only made 27 total. I gave 10 to my son and grandson. 17 went to our veterinary hospital and they were so thankful. I will make more for them.
I intend to make more, but I get burned out on them with so much repetition. I applaud you, all of you for being so faithful.
Have a safe and happy day.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 am

Lois, hope you enjoy the happiest birthday possible. And I really hope you get cake, because that's the best part of birthdays.

Suzette, I've been telling people not to touch their faces in public for years. I'm very aware of touching my face in public, but I wash my hands as soon as I walk in the door. Have been for years.

Kathy, people must think they are immune to the virus. I'm trying to protect myself as much as possible. When I went to the store last week, about 75% of the people were wearing masks and gloves, but there were still those few who weren't.

Hi Ann, good to see you. I still take my walks in the morning. I only see a few people out and we keep our distance, but still say hello.

Cindy, never a dull moment at your house. Yuck! I wouldn't like that, but I would get it out of the house. The dogs and cats would want to play with it.

Sherry, isn't it funny that you don't leave the house much, but that little bit makes a difference. Working as a police dispatcher for years taught me how to be in one place for a long time. I would work minimum 10 hours a day and only leave the room maybe 3 times to potty. It's a mind game. Not everyone can do it. So for me having a whole house and backyard to roam is plenty. And when I can get out again, I'll be off like a horse at the races.

Maryz, sounds like you DB and SIL are hanging in there. It must be so tough for him alone. I think puppies, kitties, and flowers are perfect for the sheriff's. Criminals would stop and laugh. That way they could catch them. I gave some masks to my friend over the weekend. I used to work with her husband. He was a police officer. I told here the mask with the little blue flowers on it was for him. He wore it out to the grocery store. lol A little levity is what we need right now.

Judi, I got a notice that my elastic had shipped too. We'll see how long it takes to get here. I hope sooner than later.

Diane, we've actually slowed it down here in California. It's still growing, but not as rapidly as they expected. Prevention is key, but some people are just stupid. And you can't fix stupid.

Jana, that sneaky little boy. He's so lucky to have you close by.

Becca, there will be better days.

Izzy, you weather sounds fabulous.

They are making in mandatory in some of the counties here for people to wear masks in public. They are say it will be in forced by the police, but I don't really see that happening. I think peer pressure will play a big roll in people complying. We had our Guild board meeting on Zoom last night. Got everything covered like normal and didn't have to drive there. Win Win! I'm going to cut out some mask kits today in hopes of my elastic showing up soon. Might even work on a quilt. I started doing the Love and Hugs from Australian stitch along. The patterns are so cute. It gives me something to do at night when I need to settle.

Have a wonderful day. Wear a mask and wash your hands.

Lori 8-)

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Lois -
I hope you have had a wonderful birthday today.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”