Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, April 5th

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Sunday, April 5th

Post by auntjana » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:13 am

Good morning!

Our last 2 sessions of General Conference starts in a little bit. We were asked last night, as a Church, and the request was also extended to the world, to join in a day of fasting and prayer, on Good Friday, this week. To pray for relief from this pandemic, and comfort as well. What a wonderful day, to petition our Heavenly Father! Please join in too.

As to quote our dear Governor, he once said, "you can't fix stupid". We can't fix those stupid people out there, but Mother Nature can! I will just stay the course and do what we have been asked, and pray! It does work!

I will be back at mask sewing. Aaron let me know that the state will allow our masks for Aaron and the troopers. My fingers and machine will be flying to get as many as I can make for them. One of Sarah's friends came up with a great idea in our masks. To add a section of a pipe cleaner, over the bridge of the nose area, to form a better fit, to be safer. She added a casing, but I thought, as you sew the tie on, just slip the pipe cleaner in, next to the top of the fold. I have lots of those pipe cleaners from the days I was the Activity Days Girls teacher. I saved them. Kept thinking to clean out all those types of things, but didn't. Now I know why! Listen to that still small voice!

Some of those taking my kits, are sewing them and bringing them back finished so others can take and use them. Putting the finished masks in the other box on my porch.

Time to fix my special conference breakfast, chocolate waffles, chocolate sauce, whipped cream. Only do this twice a year,

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”