Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

April 1 2020

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: April 1 2020

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:42 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I will have to go with Chriss's rooster now. Our neighbor's Chanticleer had to go live on a farm. They get baby chicks (have another batch now) and some always turn out to be roosters. Apparently roosters are banned in city limits and the fenceline between our houses is the city limit. I miss his beautiful cock-adoodle-doos. I saw someone on FB asking for fabric for masks, too, but it's easy to get fabric. It's elastic that is scarce.

DIANE - our state has a stay-home order except for essential errands - dr appts, grocery runs, etc. But getting outside exercise is encouraged because all the gyms are closed, as long as it's only one or two people and 6 foot distance is maintained. Yesterday lots of folks were outside in the sunshine walking our paved walking trails, as were we, but everyone was keeping careful distance. And our state's climb to the top of the curve has slowed considerably. It works! Where are the QOV kits you were making up? Can someone mail you a few?

IZZY - be careful of IBU - it can be really hard on the kidneys. Drink lots of water. Here, there are no funerals, no weddings, no church services or gatherings of any sort. I'm surprised that they are still going on anyplace in the country.

LOIS - My masks are going to different places, too - family, chiropractor, vet, sheriff's office, my DD's library (she is director and wants them for her few staff that show up few times a week to maintain the building), and individual requests. Are you doing ties or elastic ear loops?

JANA - your neighbor horses are smarter than all those young people going on spring break! Good horses!

KATHY - sounds like your DD's gift of deliciousness was a good and timely idea!

FLO - here, I rip out blackberries and there, you're putting them in! What variety are you planting? If they get sun and produce, I leave them be if they aren't invading our flowerbeds. Cascades and Himilayas grow wild here.

JUDI - you are mask central! You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the mask crisis in your area. I'm afraid to actually ask who all needs masks here. I'm afraid I couldn't count that high. So I make what I can and then offer them to different places. Though some have asked. Does Ken wear gloves when he goes to work? We buy the thin latex gloves at Costco for emptying our waste tanks on the trailer. So we had a good supply and wear those whenever on any errand.

CHRISS - I hope that couple will self-quarantine as soon as they get home! This is exactly how the virus has spread so far so quickly. I am glad you will now be working from home. Going to make your daily trip into the warehouse difficult, but I'm sure you will find a way. I hope your computer learns to play well with others.

MARY Q - I will check out your new topic - "Grateful"! Every day I think how lucky we are - we have a well stocked pantry and freezer, we have very few errands, we don't have to go to work, our friends and family are all healthy, we have enough TP (BTW, Costco here had TP earlier this week, we hear), and we, too, had sunshine yesterday! We got out for a 2-mile walk and it recharged our batteries.

ROSEBUD - I wish you didn't have to go to work. Good news is, there will be few customers. Do you have gloves to wear?

LYN - I pray for your dad's safety and health. I hope this works out well for him. Surprising that the new facility allows visitors, though.

SUZ - you sound happily busy! LOoking forward to seeing that quilt finished!

My elastic arrived and yesterday I made about 40 masks. I think the requests for them are going to increase dramatically soon. I just wish my new iron would arrive! My little travel iron is getting the workout of it's life! I do have a chiropractor appt today. They are spacing their patients' appointments and sanitize between each one. But that will be the big outing for this week. It's only a mile from the house, so it won't be a long outing.

My brother, Gene, in Alaska is quarantined with his wife who has Alzheimers. She has been hallucinating a lot lately, and yesterday he texted me that she has all but stopped eating/drinking, is seeing and talking to her long deceased mom, and is asking him to take her 'home'. All are signs that end of life is imminent - and he is stuck alone with her at home. He is thinking of taking her to the hospital in Fairbanks, hoping they can get her eating again. I told him they may not let him come in. They've been married about 60 years and their anniversary is a week from today. I sleep with my cell phone now, ringer on, and worry about what's ahead for my beloved brother. If you have a spare prayer, any help to get him through this would be appreciated. He is a devout Catholic and like most of us, has great faith in the power of prayer. Thanks.

Stay home, stay safe!

mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:09 am

Thanks MaryZ.

20 yrs ago today a good friend introduced me to Garry, my DH. No fooling, it was on April Fool's Day.

Stay safe my friends.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:21 am

Good Morning Girls

Thank you God for the sunny day!

Same same here... Again I slept later than I meant to... and I have a pile of about 75 masks to put together, so I'm not going to chat much. Am anxious to get these done for my sister... and then just keep on going for whomever needs them.

So I am headed down to the sewing room with a huge mug of coffee and I'll come back and chat when I take a break...

I think of you all so often during my day and hope and prayer you are all safe and healthy.

Remember... Be Grateful!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:26 am

Good morning all! Not much going on here. Just staying in and sewing. Need to do some cleaning if I find the ambition. Only drive out to get mail out of box and the newspaper out of its box. I have a long driveway so don't walk out except in summer.

Have plenty of food still so this is giving me a chance to use it up. Smoke and Sweetie like having me home so much. They are so spoiled.

Those of you who are making masks should be praised. I have plenty of 100% cotton fabric so if anyone needs some for masks just let me know and I will send you some. I sent the elastic I had to Judi yesterday. I hope it helps.

Well, better go get breakfast. I do miss going to Bob Evans for my breakfasts, but that seems so trivial now. Hope everyone stays safe and well.

Sherry

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:06 am

Good morning everyone. Today will be dedicated to getting ugh-lies done that need to be finished before returning to work tomorrow. I will work on my swap blocks intermittently between the to do list.

Chriss, hope the computer glitches get worked out. Glad you will be able to work from home.

Mary Z, we do have gloves to wear at work. I will be keeping your DB in my prayers. This is such a trying time for him, for sure.

Typing this is difficult this morning as I have a fur baby helping me. Emily is wanting to sit up on my shoulder and under my chin. Her tail is blocking my view of the computer screen...

Thank you to everyone who are working so diligently on the masks.

Prayers for all in need.Mary/Rosebud

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:50 am

MaryZ - the last I heard about funerals here is that you could have a service of no more then 10 people at the graveside. After restrictions are over you can have a memorial for the person. Hubby and I have been staying home before our governor issued the stay at home order. I hope everyone is having a good day.
Suzette

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Good Cloudy Afternoon.............

Ruff day here, but it's just the lack of sleep. I slept until 11 this morning. Just going with the flow of it.

Do you remember when Chrissy asked us for prayer a few years ago for a very young boy Nater as she calls him. Well he died from his cancer yesterday. I'm sure Chris could use a few emails to feel our love.

Well I'm not sure if this is on anyone else's mind as much as it seem to be on mine. SO tomorrow I'll get up at 5am to get to the grocery during 'old' peoples time in search of stupid TP!!!!!!!! I have none.I might even get a belated B'day cupcake! Plus some bananas. I do not want to go what with all the cleaning up I need to do once I get back home. So crazy. I wish my girls lived near me....Sara would find some.

I'm going to do some cleaning before I bring out my next project.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 pm

I just got a call from work. The company has extended the time off benefits for another 80 hours and said I am not to report to work tomorrow as scheduled.

Mary/Rosebud

Return to “Sew ins”