Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, March 28

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Saturday, March 28

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:15 am

Good morning all! Just got back from a quick trip to grocery store to get a few things I needed. Had not been there in over a week which is unusual for me. The place was packed but got what I needed. I got a lot of fresh fruit. I was so hungry for it so got cut watermelon, blackberries, cantaloupe, and some strawberries. That should keep me happy for awhile. I just love fresh fruit so much. The place was packed and it was only 9:00 am.

It is pouring rain here. It stormed all night and we are supposed to have a lot more today and possibly some severe tonight. Good time to just stay in now. Will work on my sewing some more today. Yards are flooded here like Judi has at her place.

Well time to go eat my lunch. Got my Bible study done for today. Now it is more important than ever. Hope everyone stays safe and dry. Have a good day.

Sherry

maryq

Re: Saturday, March 28

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:33 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday! Though I have to say I'd be a teensy bit happier if the sun were shining.. Going to be a drizzly wet weekend here! No big deal I guess.... can't go any where any way!

Suzette.... Doesn't it feel good to be OUT of the house for a little while. Cutting down all those bushes is a lot of work. But a new fence would sure look nice. A nice summer project. We do need to take a break from sewing now and then.

Lois,.. I'm just waiting on elastic too. I have about 50 masks ready to just add it to. Then I can call my nurse friend who will come pick them up. Did you sign up for the "June Bride" from Sindy? She is so sweet to post all her free patterns... I'm out of fusible so I can't even start any of them yet!

Diane... Good news for you that there is no virus near you. None in my city as far as I know , but some in the county. There are still some thick skulled young uns that don't GET IT. Since they are warning old folks especially, the young ones think they are immune!

Judi.... I watched a video on FB from a Dr.... he mentioned that heat seems to kill this virus... so let's hope summer comes SOON! I try not to watch too much stuff on FB, because it's confusing and not always true!

Flo.... How good of you to go clean that equipment! Too bad nobody else would step up to help, but maybe it was best as nobody brought in germs with them.

Becca... We must have seen the same thing on FB about the button. I'm thinking they put the button on a head band that they were wearing. I also saw a picture of a gal using a large paper clip and connecting the elastic on the back of her head to take the pressure off the elastic. Let's just hope this is temporary. I feel so bad for the nurses... I bet many of them will come out of this with PTSD. They need our prayers big time.

Maryz…. I haven't watched Jenny's new video yet, but yesterday when I was sewing ties, I cut mine 2"... easier to tie I think, but man I sure burned my fingers a lot ironing them! If my elastic doesn't come today I'm going to just spend the cutting ironing/ strips! Is Michael's next book going to be published soon?

Jana... LOVED seeing the pictures of your "batt cave" and all the cool storage things! I'm not much of housekeeper either, so many things I'd rather be doing than scrubbing floors. :lol:

Kathy... OH my goodness.. the DIL is pregnant and still out visiting patients! NO WAY! Nurses are amazing, but man oh man, I don't know if I'd be taking chances of visiting homes while pregnant!

Chriss…. My dad used to have a saying... "there are a lot more horses asses than there are horses" Which I think pretty much describes those folks that grab all the TP etc and start fights over things in grocery stores. Thank you for setting up prayer circle the other... I was going to set an alarm on my phone so I would remember... and I forgot. I was downstairs sewing and totally forgot! :roll:

Sherry.... Oh my gosh, fresh fruit! I've already started my grocery list for when I get out. NEED FRUIT! I so love watermelon and grapes and apples and strawberries. You're making me hungry!

Time to unload dishwasher and get to work. I'm going to have to break down and wash dishes by hand... oh pool lil ole me :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm out of d/w detergent! How will I survive! :lol: :lol:

Praying we all stay healthy!

Return to “Sew ins”