Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 25,2020

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wednesday March 25,2020

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am

Good Morning Girls

Another cloudy day in MN... think are expecting a cloudy week! UGH I need some sunshine! Getting anxious to open windows and air out the winter stink in my house!

Nothing much new here.... I too am waiting on a delivery of elastic. Hopefully some I ordered will be here Saturday. The Fabric warehouse I go to sometimes apparently has GOBS of it and will bring out to your car.. I'd run over there today if I didn't have some on the way. I laid awake last night trying to figure out how to get masks 1/2 assembled and then just stick in the elastic when it gets here. Might practice on a few today.

The flooring arrived for my bathroom the other day, but I suspect it will be quite a while until I can get someone to fix/install it. Truth to tell, I'm kind of nervous about having some one come IN to my house... could bring the virus in with them and not know it. So I'll keep waddling downstairs in the middle of the night. If it weren't so cold down there, I'd blow up my air mattress and just sleep down there.. OH but wait... I have QUILTS!

Since it's almost 10 and I need a shower badly... I won't chat with each you, but know that you all are in my prayers.. Don't forget prayer circle tomorrow at noon PDT.

Make the best of your quarantine! Stay in and SEW
Last edited by maryq on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:49 am

Good morning all! Not much going on here. Just staying in with Smoke and Sweetie. Just go out and get newspaper out of box and my mail. I am not a "run a rounder" but since we have to stay home I want to go out. Will go out on Sunday to refill any groceries I need so that should help. So glad I have hobbies to work on while I am staying in. What I need is ambition to do some housework.

Saw this morning where Prince Charles is positive for the virus. I worry about the Queen and Prince Phillip since they are so old. So far they are protected.

I do hope we get a handle on this virus soon so people who are laid off can get back to work before our economy comes crashing down. I remember living paycheck to paycheck years ago when our sons were small and I pray for the people. Even with the stimulus they are trying to pass people are going to need more. I pray this all ends sooner rather than later.

Lois - Sure hope you get what you need at the store today. The shelves here are so empty. So glad I have plenty of toilet paper and food here with me.

Izzy - Glad your DH only had sinus problem instead of virus. Glad he is back to work. So sorry your Mom is getting worse. Will keep her in my prayers.

Flo - Glad your sister came through her mastectomy all right. That definitely runs in your family but glad you all are all right.

Cindyg - So glad that Don is doing all right with his chemo. I know when my DH had his chemo he didn't get sick but was very tired from it. Will keep him in my thoughts.

Maryz - Sorry about appts. being cancelled but they are doing that here also. Mine was just a checkup so didn't mind it. Like you I am good on groceries. Will also get a take out order from Bob Evans next time I have to go to town to help out the local restaurants.

Well better get going and get something done. Hope everyone stays well and has a good day.

Sherry

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 am

Izzy, as of yesterday everything except essential businesses were to close. The schools are reported to be closed the rest of the year. Some schools are doing on-line classes while others are still "deciding" what to do. The cases of the virus showing up on the status reports are all center (Albuquerque) of the state and south. Local news states there are cases in Farmington, but they haven't hit the national map yet.

Mary Z, I read a couple days ago or so that you found a mask pattern by Jenny Doan. Where did you find it? I tried searching for it to no avail. Since I have to go back to work on the 1st, I thought I would make some for myself to start with.

Time to get busy. Will check back later.

Prayers and God bless,

Mary/Rosebud

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am

Lori 8-)

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:32 am

Just got some disheartening news that the Quilt Show at Sauder Village is postponed until July 15 -19 of this year. At least it wasn't completely cancelled. Looking forward to it. I always meet up with Judi and we see the show shop and then eat at The Barn.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:09 pm

MARY ROSE - I just Googled Utube surgical mask pattern and up popped several videos. The first one was Jenny's and it looked good so I went with it. After trying on my sample mask I found it fit purrfectly and was comfortable and covered face well.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Good evening friendaroonies.

Lois, I love the name Olivia. I think it's just a perfect name for a little girl and a grown lady. Not sure why but it's always been a favorite of mine. glad you found elastic.

Diane, nice that DH was able to get into Costco early. Here it opens at 10:30. I did see the beach parties on the news. People just don't get it do they?

Izzy, well? how was the water situation at your mom's? Can she still live alone? Hope DH is feeling better. I will check out that mystery quilt.

Judi, crazy isn't it. Here the grocery stores and grocery warehouses are hiring like crazy. Even some restraunts are hiring. Nice of your son to deliver items to those who are sheltering. He must have good parents.

Suzette, I don't understand some people either. I have read those snarky comments. Imagine being that hateful and unhappy that you have to put down others. People accuse with no information. Someone said, people from Los Angeles are coming to my town to clean out the store. I live at least 6 hours from LA and our store is a small store that barely services our community. but people are accusing them of price gouging in their I know it all way. drives me nuts. Thanks for making room for me on that soap box.

Flo, wow, all three of you with mastectomies. glad it all worked out for your sis, sounds like she found a nice man.

Becca, great advice about those years from now reading about how we handled this virus. Especially with all the technology now. what a person posts doesn't go away.

Jana, happy organizing. Wish I could come help. I love looking for treasures and I bet you have a few hiding here and there.

Cindy, glad Don is doing ok. hope all others get healthy.

Maryz, I have an appointment to get a recall fixed on my car on April 7th. So far the shop is still opened. Just waiting to see if it will really happen. glad you are walking with Bill. best to stay away from people if you can. Jerry is really funny. Today he made his own home made bread. and he made a stew without using the seasoning mix he usually uses. He's really roughing it. I don't mind going to work but other than gas I don't stop anywhere.

Maryq, I'd probably wait on the bathroom too. Sorry you have to go all the way downstairs to tinkle. Maybe you could count it as getting your steps in?

Sherry, Moose says hi to Smoke and Sweetie. glad you are still getting your bob Evans breakfast. You are wise to stay i n as much as possible.

MaryRose, there are so many tutorials on making masks. Wish there was more that could be done. Sorry you have to go back to work soon.

Remember the prayer circle tomorrow. Hope you all have a super night and a great Thursday,
Chiss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”