Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 23 ,2020

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Monday March 23 ,2020

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:06 am

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing all right. Ohio now has a stay at home ruling except for essential workers, grocery stores, pharmacies, and a few other places. I have plenty of food here for at least 2 -3 weeks so me and furbabies will be all right.

Saw on Fox News Channel this morning that Dr. Siegel their expert said that making home masks was not a good idea. He said the thought was good but they were not sanitary. Don't know what anyone else has said. Haven't seen anyone around here wearing masks or gloves when out and about.

I do wish those kids on Spring break would get some smarts and go home. They think it is no big deal.

Going to work on sewing, puzzles, reading and watching DVD movies since I am going to be home. Just driving out to the end of my driveway to get my local newspaper and my mail.

Happy Birthday Maryz!! Enjoy your cake.

Well better get going. Hope everyone stays safe and well.

Sherry

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:47 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYZ!!! I was to early this morning to find out today is a special day for you. Sorry you can't "do the town today" but hope you enjoy whatever you do.
Diane

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARYZ!!!!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:23 am

Good morning!

Such a chorus going on at my house. First off, I am singing Happy Birthday Maryz! Have a wonderful day! Then adding a second singing for my niece Sandee's BD too. Third, I am singing, I feel the earth move under my feet. Yes, aftershocks are still happening and felt. Oh the joys of living in paradise!

Not much new happening here. Staying in and wiping down surfaces. Sewing later.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Chriss, your comparison of Moose and Maryz almost made me spit out my coffee. You always make me laugh.

Well I got my Lotto blocks, and UGRR blocks in the mail. I just went to the USPS website and printed out my mailing labels. Way better then spending time at the Post Office. There were a lot of people there. I hurried in and out and was using a disinfectant wipe as soon as I cleared the door. I did make a face mask today. I will wear it and gloves when I go shopping this week.

I'm adding a border to a quilt I made last year. Trying to get some things finished up while I'm not able to go and play. We have a good sized backyard so I am able to go outside and enjoy without others around.
Hope everyone is doing well and keeping their distance.

How's the cake Maryz?

Have a great day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”