Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 19

Daily discussions.
billizzy

Thursday March 19

Post by billizzy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:46 am

Good morning

Mary can’t believe I’m old lol thnx for reminding me😂

Jana our news showed the earthquake that’s scary. Glad you had no damage. Scary for son though

Yes my DH did online service last night on FB. Pole Bridge Missionary Baptist if you want to go watch one want to watch during Sunday service at 11 est.😍

Sewing today of course. Almost got boarders on my snowman quilt. Sewed strips for tree wrong so had to get a date with jack. Ugh.

Nothing else new here. Did do some yard work and barn cleaning yesterday. Today the chicken coop if rain stops.

Hugs and prayers. Happy stitching 🧵
🐐izzy

suzette58

Re: Thursday March 19

Post by suzette58 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 am

Good morning Izzy and those who follow.
Yesterday we went to the grocery and were there when it opened. The shelves were bear. I have never seen it this bad. Today my sewing buddy and I are going to sew pillow cases for charity. We aren’t sure which charity yet. I did finish cutting the fabric for the first brown bag and started the fabric for the second bag. Well, I better get I have to leave in a couple of hours. Have a wonderful day.

Izzy - I am glad your husband is having church over the computer. In my opinion it works. My sister in-law attends church every Sunday via the computer. She has various health problems and it makes it difficult for her.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:25 am

Good morning I am out of the house today to take Nolan to the orthodontisit,,NormallyI would not go out but He needs to go...I might stop at the grocery store after and just see if there is any toilet paper...I have some but worry if this gets worse. and My sons house is almost out and might need help there, We will share as needed. I will return home feeling a little better as I will have seen my grandkids. been missing them. back to sewing the snowmen, I am thankful for this hobby and a home to take care of...I will start my spring cleaning this week and take each room and gut it and clean . we have dust living here rent free...not on my watch.
Please take this disease seriously and keep yourself safe. love and hugs, XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOo

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:40 am

Good morning everyone still dark here
Up to get my shots early Want to be first so I can get Home
Whatever is in the hose is what we will get by on Our DGS will bring us anything we need I’m trying to protect DH because of his health issues

Izzy You were in my dream last night Our DGS is having his service on line I will try to watch yours

Suz Here the pregnancy center takes pillow cases & the abused wives & children get them

Judi Stay sage My DD hasn’t seen her DGD in 2 months because they had the flu then this hit

I must get so I can get out the door Have a wonderful day & stay home if possible Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning,

IZZY - I believe you'll have to go some to catch up with me and I adamantly REFUSE to be old! lol! Except when it suits me, of course. :lol:

JUDI - good to get those appointments in now. Dental offices here are now closed except for emergencies. My walking buddy was talking on the phone to the oral surgeon's office about an appt for an extraction when the word came in on another line. But they decided she is an emergency and will take her. As awful and scary as this virus is, it's kind of fascinating to watch it all unfold. Like a wreck from which you can't look away.

SUZ - I have no idea what our stores here are like here. I stocked up almost a month ago before the big runs and haven't been back. A week ago, while we were camping, the Fred Meyer in Astoria was well stocked with everything. Have fun sewing pillowcases! Charitable work leaves such a good feeling.

KATHY - I hope you were able to get to the store and get the things you need. Don't forget, if bread and flour are gone, maybe there's frozen bread dough left . . . If not, well - my doctor has been telling me to stop eating bread anyway so I guess this is a good time to start obeying her orders. lol!

JANA - just crazy about that earthquake! Glad you are OK and your son as well! Whew!

LORI - have you heard from YOUR son? Did you organize your sewing room? I am always doing that. But to REALLY change things around involves hubs, moving tall cabinets and earthquake strapping, and more. I hate to get into all that, so I usually only do 'little stuff'. Be careful cutting those summer porch triangles or years from now you may find all the extras you accidentally cut and have to make a second one!

MARY Q - you are so kind to offer your scraps and orphans. But have to say, I AM DONE. I've had enough orphans to last me a long time! But I'm happy to cheer you on with yours!

BECCA - good plan - stay home. Do you get your shots once a week? Twice?

Well, Tuesday we had the cops and yesterday the fire department. Bill says we're not having any trouble keeping ourselves entertained during this quarantine! We heard sirens and realized they stopped in front of our house. Because of the woods, all we could see were flashing red lights of fire engines. So we walked out to the road and found 2 engines, 4 smaller fire vehicles, 1 police, and lots of cones blocking the road right at our driveway. Some neighbors gathered. Apparently 2 houses down from us a landscaper took out a gas line with his excavator. We got to meet some new neighbors, got the number for a yard maintainance guy who usually does very good work, and our excitement for the day. Between the virus, Vicki, and now the fire department, we are living high on adrenalin around here!

I got in some sewing, too. I worked on my log cabin blocks for the UGRR swap and somehow talked myself into signing up to do the bears paw block, too. So that is the project for today. After I do my new daily morning routine of using Lysol to wipe down both bathrooms, kitchen, bannisters, and all the light switches, phones, and electronics in the house. I also try to remember to put out clean dish cloth and kitchen towel every morning, too.

Stay in your sewing room and keep healthy!

mary z

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today is our ugly day and a few loads of wash but not to much after that I will make a run to the post office I'm going to mail out 2 table runners to my sister Rose I figured it might brighten up her day.
I went foodshopping got what I needed and left I didn't need paper products or cleaning supplys I have all of that I alway but extra at times.
I also went to hobby lobby and had to get more fabric that I needed for a table runner I'm starting this afternoon.
Well that's my story for today Everyone stay safe.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 am

Sunny here so far.
Jana-your earthquake has made it to my local newspaper. I'm so happy you and your family are safe, although your son had an experience but not hurt. Thank God for that.

Suzette-it seems your Va. has made it to the list for the virus. I had hoped it would bypass your state.

Today I hope to get a gallon of milk to freeze, just in case. Yesterday I went to local Food Lion. It echoed down the paper products aisle. Milk was gone so hope today or tomorrow they will restock.

I keep getting notices of store hour changes and it is getting spooky. It seems toilet paper has taken a back seat (pun intended) to guns and ammo. What a mess!

Please be cautious and safe.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:38 am

Good morning!

Our excitement here seems to have settled down. I hope! I was ready yesterday to stand on my deck and yell UNCLE! It was like waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop. We did have fun texting back and forth, making all kinds of jokes. Some good puns too! So from all of this, make a 72 hour pack - things you need to take if you are evacuated from your home. Meds, food, water, clothes and TP! Michael laughed at me for making sure he put TP in the Highlander yesterday.

Through all of this, the goodness of people showed. As Aaron was responding to the incident with the hazaedous chemicals, he checked the fuel in his vehicle, knowing he would be out a long time. His truck's main tank was about half and his auxillary tanks were full. He pulled into a station to top off the main tank and there was already a line, so he just went around to the front of the line, asked the guy at the pump, if he, Aaron could fuel his truck first, the gentleman, said yes and moved his truck so Aaron could. Of course, Aaron was code 3, lights and siren, which helped. So, keep your car full too!

Maybe I will venture down to the Batt Cave today. A little sewing wil be good. Michael also grabbed a couple of binding projects, scissors, needle, thread to put in the Highlander, so if we had to leave, I had something to do.

I will leave you with this thought from my Ethan. As he knelt and said his prayers last night, he said this simple phrase, Heavenly Father, stop this madness. All I can say, is amen.

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:44 am

Diane - our area of Virginia still is in the clear. We live in Southwest VA. West Virginia just reported their first case the other day.
Suzette

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:50 am

Good Morning girls

Foggy and dreary here this morning... certainly doesn't help my mood! Going to take a LOT of coffee today to get me up and GOING! And boy do I have messes this morning. ADD has kicked in big time and I have little projects all over the place. I need to ban myself from sewing room to get things organized here today!

Izzy... You know that saying "you're only as old as you feel"? Some days I feel 100... but luckily most of the time I forget how old I really am! But with virus thing now calling me "elderly".. yikes!

Suzettte…. So many worth causes out there for your pillow cases... I'm sure you'll find just the right one. I saw on FB that there's a need for facemasks for hospital personal... I was thinking about checking with my local hospital to see if they had a need. I'm sure I could find a pattern!

Judi.... If you can't find TP at the grocery store...Let me know.. If worse comes to worse, I can send you a roll or two! :lol: Seriously tho, I do have 12 rolls of the "industrial" size like they use in public rest rooms! I think if the sun were shining here today, I might be motived to do some spring cleaning, needs to be just a little warmer and then I can do windows... I do like washing windows! Call me crazy!

Becca.... Glad you got out for your shots! I wrote down on my calendar that your birthday is THIS Sunday, but you had your party last sunday, did I write down the wrong day!?

Maryz.. Well, you can't say you don't have any excitement in your life! Lights and Sirens!!! Thanks for agreeing to another UGRR block! And thanks for the reminder wipe this down. I do have a little paper towel in the house, but I made some wipes out of flannel scraps and they work pretty well actually. Somewhat reusable, but if they get nasty--out they go!

Lois... You were brave to go to Hobby Lobby... I bet it was pretty quiet. I'd love to go pick up a few more options for CW fabric, but best I should stay home... I started tracing another one of Sindy's designs... The Cars... and I'm almost out of heat n bond... might have to order online!

Jana.... Love Ethan's prayer! I try not to spend too much time on FB, but I haven't noticed a lot of good things coming from the local bulletin board.. Offers to help and share! Maybe the only good thing to come from this will be people coming together!

Well girls, It's almost 11:00 am here and I'm still in jammies... coffee is starting to kick in so I think I'll get to work.... spin around in a circle and where ever I land, that's where I'll start. Lots to keep me busy today!

Sending lots of prayers that every one stays safe.

Oh and... to all my UGRR swappers... I edited my original post this morning, so check it out and see what the plan is!

Return to “Sew ins”