Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, March 18th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, March 18th

Post by suzette58 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:31 am

Good morning everyone.
How many times have we just stayed in our homes and doing whatever we wanted? Now that we have to pretty much stay home it is so hard. Just to go to the grocery you have to be there when it opens just to get toilet paper. It is something else. Now, yesterday I just about finished cutting the first brown bag mystery and will start the other one. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can take the dogs to the park. We will see. I hope everyone is doing well during this trying time. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, March 18th

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:18 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today we have to go foodshopping for some stuff yah I know that's a big joke I just need a few things to put dinners together.
And then will come back put it away then off to hobby lobby to see what they have then home to sew.
Suzette its different when were so use to going to the store and being able to shop off a list and getting what you want.

Well I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:25 am

Lois - you are right. I have never not been able to get toilet paper.
Suzette

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:48 am

Good morning early birds 🐦

Well, our governor closed more businesses also gave direct order to all of can’t follow the social distancing restriction shut your doors. That made DH shut down services. We just can’t do that in our small church. :(

Sew today I gotta go to pharmacy and get 2 of moms scripts transferred and filled. Oh the trouble I’ve had with her Kroger pharmacy. I was done and got her set up at mine.

So Chriss here the shelves too are bare but DH did find me my flour lol he said that was well stcked, I told him cuz no one knows how to bake anymore. He finally found me some bleach too, I need for my laundry :D

Crazy here for sure. I’m just glad I had went grocery shopping week before all this hit.

Be safe girls. If you have dollar general stores that’s where we are finding stuff not grocery 😊

Happy quarantine in your sewing 🧵 room
🐐izzy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:21 am

Good morning, it's going to be a great day today.

One good thing about being so busy at work is the day flies by. Our governor is warning people in Cali that this virus could last for a while. that schools may not open soon and could be out for the year.

Grocery stores are crazy empty but today the warehouse I work at is getting 11 truckloads of Foster Farms chicken. So, while some places have to close for a while, others are making up for it by meeting the demand. There would be more goods if we made those goods in the USA rather than out of the country. I pray this will be a learning experience for this country

There is so much misinformation out there. Hope everyone is getting their information from the CDC and not facebook. I am amazed at the things I am reading on FB.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... d=eventhub

ShirleyMae, safe travels. Might want to take an ice chest with sandwich makings. Might be hard to find food along the way, but I just saw on the news gas prices should start falling.

Izzy, I'm with you. I'm not going out much but am not worried for myself about the virus. I will let God handle the outcome for me.

Jana, the warehousemen where I work are on mandatory overtime too. groceries come into our warehouse during the day and are all shipped out at night, almost nothing is left between shipping and receiving.

Kathy, our grocery stores are also offering early hours for the elderly. It's a very nice offer.

Maryq, hope you are sleeping better. I imagine all of your little messes are clean since you can't go anywhere. how is the job jar going ?

Lori, I thought you had the accuquilt? enjoy your new toy, what a fun time you are going to have playing with it.

Lyn, I admire that you don't take no for an answer. glad you got to see dad. I can't imagine the information he would get if you didn't give it to him. also glad you aren't flying. I can't imagine being in that confined space for an hour or more.

Izzy, our church is on line. Can DH offer service online or at least suggest an on line service so that everyone can easily find one? or maybe a tv channel that offers service. Jerry went shopping early in the morning, he found flour and bread and TP. He also said he would bake. I can do without bread.

Suzette, yay for getting that quilt cut out.

Lois, yay for getting the needed groceries.

I need to go to work, you all have a marvelous and healthy day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:23 am

Good morning everyone sunny here We got up to 72 yesterday
It’s the same here but like Izzy said DG has things Our DD & DS both called & doesn’t want us to leave home I told her I have to get my shots or start over again
We do have everything I stay stocked all the time Just in case
Our little Town declared a State of Emergency & our State has been too

I have laundry going I will also go to DGDs to pick up my bread she has for us Cranberry walnut sourdough It is yummy
She has a bakery She started in February and she has far exceeded anything she had hoped for

Kathy I’m so glad it was your battery and not a big thing

Flo Hope you are feeling better

Shirley Mae Prayers for safe travels on Friday Hope the move helps both of you Having family close would mean a lot

Izzy Glad you got Moms meds straight They can be a real headache our DGS s Service was online so everyone could watch & listen
Lyn So glad you were able to seeDsd Good for you speaking up Happy you Will drive Home Very wise decision

Must get moving Have a wonderful day to all Stay Safe Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:42 am

Good Morning,All is well here, Ken has gone to the rink so I will just do a few smal chores and play in my sewing room...Snowman quilt will keep me socially distanced from everyone. I probably should order some batting and backing for 2 more quilts...looks like we will all get some quality quilting done...

Stay safe and calm...wash your hands frequently and Pray that is all we can do....XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:44 am

Morning
Back still hurts. See doc again tomorrow. She will check to see if kidneys are clear. I do have a bad back from car accident years ago.
Today is stay home & clean my dirty house.
Flo

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:06 am

Hi y'all. I guess I'll have to come to work late tomorrow so I can be at the grocery store before 7:00 for the senior shopping. My sister went today and got all she needed including toilet paper. I do need meat so I should go. DH stopped yesterday and got us fresh salmon and shrimp and a bag of potatoes. That's what we had for dinner - yummy grilled salmon and shrimp....but ugh! I asked him why he didn't call me when he went to the store as we needed a couple of other things. Men!

Lyn - great response to your dad's home. You know how to get the job done. Glad you aren't flying but be careful on your drive.

Everyone seems to be having fun in your sewing holes. I wish I were but here I am at the office.

I hope you can all fondle some fabric today.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 am

I forgot to say that I think my cleaning ladies got away with my dust pan. Good grief!! Now I MUST stop somewhere and get one. Also, my friend got to Kroger yesterday AM before 7:00 and there was already a line. When she got out of her car and walked toward the store she was given the stink eye by those already in line. Can you believe it???

Return to “Sew ins”