Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, March 15

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Sunday, March 15

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 am

Good morning and happy wet Sunday.

The buds are starting on the trees, the fields are green and the neighbors have put horses in our field and they are fun to look at. The neighbors have also put siding on their house so we are closer to getting them to move in. Gosh I can't wait.

Jana, thanks for the garden info. Jerry has wire fencing with 1/4 inch squares under the boxes and will build his fencing, including a roof with the same material. He will put pavers in the front of the U shape and a gate. I passed on your pinterest suggestion, I hadn't thought of it. Image

Maryz, safe travels. Sorry for the loss of your friend and I hope Bill's sister gets better.

Valerie, if we could get two rocking chairs, a porch and some cats we could retire together. I'm in your boat and too old to be looked at for another job. I need the company I work for to stay solvent for at least 3 more years so I can collect on my 401k which is losing money because of this stinkin virus. I have to be 59 1/2 to collect. Now at work they are watching every little purchase. I purchase office supplies. If we need ink pens I have to get it approved. I think the problem where I work is they are top heavy. the pyramid is upside down. I will add you to my prayers . Hope you find TP someplace. I think Amazon might be the best place to look now.

Lori, I won't be waiting to contact HR at all anymore. Only one time did my supervisor get snarky with me since the talk. she quickly turned it around. I think she is watching her self a bit which works for me. I had told her boss a few times and waited for him to take care of it, because he didn't I felt the need to go over his head. Hope the boys loved their walk. and so so glad you had fun at QIAD. wish I could have been there with you.

I know this virus is serious and a reason to be concerned but not a reason to go nuts. Maybe I am not thinking about it correctly. I look at the issues surrounding this virus and think, I am good with God and Heaven is much better than here so if it's my time I'm ready. It's not that I don't want to live, and I won't be stupid about it. I just know where I am going when this life is over and if that time is now then I'm ok with it.

Not much on my docket today. I smell the wonderful breakfast Jerry is cooking and I have to finish up my lotto blocks. Then, when my lotto blocks are done, I will get on another project.

You all have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:14 am

Good Sunny Morning......

Well, the world has gone crazy here too. I have read the whole wrong& never went to the store to pick up a few things I might need. I'm low on all food & TP. Like most people never in my wildest dreams did foresee this situation. My sister was able to stock up. Wish me lock tomorrow. As of yesterday Central MA had only 2 cases.

I've been missing do to lack of sleep & major lack of interest in any thing. I slept for 9hr last night & feeling rested. I'm working on the Girl Scout totes

Prayers for all of you my quilting sisters & families.

Suzette.......happy you are accomplishing so much. Yesterday I made 6 80" handles for the totes. I couldn't believe ho long it took. Loved giving the new machine a real work out....it's fast. You'er going to need a sewing clone.

Diane......sounds like a wonderful caring church. Enjoy.

Flo.......Looks like you had a productive day with a dress & a zipper. Good luck with the baths.

Judi........I know how bad "house bound" can be. Do you have a place outside to sit & wait for Spring?
When this is all said & done the 1 thing I will remember will be "toilet paper"
I hope Ken is improving every day.

Jana.........prayers for your niece. Have fun playing with your fabric. I like my 1 4x4' raised bed. I have flowers in it now, just couldn't get a tomato to grow for me here. Your garden sounds wonderful.

Maryz........sorry to hear about your friend. ((((HUGS)))). Sorry you have to cut your trip short.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:32 pm

I have the absolute best toilet paper story for y'al! Aaron is on duty and helped a family that had just left Costco with toilet paper they had purchased. They needed a tire changed, just part of what he does to help. The family wanted to give him a tip to say thank you and how grateful they were. Usually it is a offer of money, or lunch. The troopers and Aaron, just say no, just part of their job. Today, Aaron was offered a pack of toilet paper! He turned it down. Just right then, another driver called him over to let Aaron know of some debris on the road, so the first family slipped a Costco size bag of M&M's onto the seat of his truck. Oh, some of the stories this boy tells me! A first, toilet paper as a tip!

Just thought you would enjoy a smile today.

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Jana, that's the new normal. Lol
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”