Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, March 13th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, March 13th

Post by suzette58 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:44 am

Good morning everyone.
I can’t believe it, I slept till 5am. It has been years since I have slept that late. Today I have to go to the grocery for a few things and come home to do the wash and work in my sewing room. I have several projects in the middle of getting done. Plus getting ready for a retreat in April. This Corona virus is something else. So far we have no cases here where I live. At least that have been reported. But, the shelves are just about empty of toilet paper. I am going to get another cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

auntjana

Re: Friday, March 13th

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:03 am

Good morning!

Our govenor held a press conference yesterday. Asked and advised us to not gather in large groups. We have no community spread virus, just five known cases, which were all contracted out of state. The Church has also suspended all our meetings. It will be very odd, not to attend Church on Sunday. The state has advised us, who are older than 60 to not be in groups of more than 20. So Michael and I are doing just that. We are hunkered down for the duration. Schools have also closed, but we are waiting on Ethan's school district to make that decision. Ethan is off today, something that was previously scheduled. My other grands are in the same school district as Ethan. With having several teachers in the family, we will keep the kids up to speed with studies. Both my Crenda and my Sandee are credentialed teachers. Stay safe, wash hands, and this too shall pass, as my Grandmother would say.

So I have plenty of fabric to pass the time. Maybe get UFO's out of the Batt Cave and into my new cabinet. I have a brand new huge roll of batting. I am set!

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:16 am

Good morning Suzette,
The TP situation is all over the place also cleaning supplys and water.
NY has closed Broadway for 2 weeks schools are being shut .
MY Dd works for an express care and the cost for this test is over a thousand dollars for the covid19 so I'm beginning to wonder about this whole mess?

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday there wasn't to many people shopping I'm surprised the cashiers didn't have thin gloves on seeing that money is dirty.

I'm supposed to go to WW today but I dont think I will take the chance.

Well today will be a sew day for me everything is done so after bill gets up that's where I will be.

I hope you all have a great day prayers go out to all in need.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:51 am

Lois - my husband and I have decided we are pretty much staying in. Of course we have to get groceries and any needed medicines. I don’t understand how we have no cases here in our town and West Virginia as well.

Jana - I believe by staying close to home we are doing the right thing. It will feel funny to not do your regular things but better safe then sorry.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:37 am

Good morning to all. I wonder what the numbers on the virus will be today? What a mess!
Still can't figure out the race for toilet paper.

Today is a qov and maybe it will be the last until this virus is gone. Most of our vets are in the 70's and older. No sense in taking chances with them.

Was suppose to go to Long Island in 2 weeks for Easter, I don't think that will happen.
Time to get my day started. Keep safe, and if possible stay home.

Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:42 am

Morning all
Jana we have same thing here, but statewide we have 2 cases, both travel related...
Wound up ba at doc's office yesterday...kidney infection still hanging on so back on antibiotics again!
Today I need to bake a cake and some brownies for fish fry at church.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:46 am

Good morning,Ken being sick we are self qurentined..12 cases confirmed here in Michigan,,,everything is closed or shut down,,,it is kinda creepy. Ken rink is closed as are all the other hockey rinks schools and anywhere else there are gatherings. this stategy is to slow the virus down untill they can get more test kits out there and come up with a vaccine. It is giving everyone a bad feeling. I still think the flu is worse...I hve a runny nose today so it mught be I will get it too. Ken was conmfirmed Influenza A so that is the bug we will deal with,,,it is much worse than Covid19 34,000 people died from this flu in 2018-2019. Ken seems to be a little better,,,complaining more,,,lol I have enough food and toilet paper,,might run out of milk but not too worried about thst as we dont drink a lot of milk. washing our hands and wiping down the handles and switches and doorknobs, My DD said her husband who flies alot for work has been told to stay out of his office for 2 weeks...and work from home. Company ordered. I am sure with all this sequestered life there will be a lot of finished quilts out there,,,I will load another on the the LA today or tomorrow. making the binding and lbel today,,,for us quilters this is a good thing. well I need coffee and maybe more coffee...Stay safe and keep calm....xxxxxxxxoooooooo

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:15 am

Good morning all! This virus outbreak is really getting bad and kind of weird. All sports things are closed down which I can understand but that eliminates about half of what I watch. Guess it is time to watch movies on my DVD's. So far no one around here has it but some in the state do. An older couple just got back from Italy so they are in self quarantine in Paulding about 25 miles from here.

I am being careful since I am over 60 and have some health issues. Only thing I had was a cold but it is now gone and it was related to my asthma.

Went to the store yesterday to get some dog and cat food for the furbabies. It was so crowded I couldn't believe it. Usually when I shop in the morning there is hardly anyone there. Since I was down to 1 case of water I got 2 more cases, but I saw people with carts full of water and also toilet paper. I did get a package of toilet paper the other day though because the way they were talking it might not be there when I really needed it.

The schools here in Ohio are closed for the next 3 weeks so my grandsons will be doing online schooling. That is something different from when I was a kid many years ago. I do worry though that the graduation is in 2 months and are they going to cancel them? My DGS1 is a senior and would hate to see them miss that and me also.

Well better go get some lunch. Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe. Looks like my trip to Las Vegas in December is getting "iffy". Well DS1 and I will just go next Spring.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:31 am

Good Morning Girls

Still morning anyway in MN... Decided to take care of the morning shine up first this morning... as guy is coming from construction company this afternoon to figure out plans for the bathroom repair. Now that insurance has processed the claim etc, I am SO ready for everything to be fixed! After he is done here, I really do need to get out for a few groceries. Not expecting to find TP, but I hope they have laundry detergent as my hamper is full!

Suzette... Seriously 5:00am is LATE for you!!! OMG!!! What time do you go to bed at night? So hope this corono thing dies down by April so they don't cancel your retreat!

Jana.. The Catholic bishop here in St. Paul announced this morning that churches in MN will be allowed to cancel services this weekend.. Not a bad idea if you ask me.. Maybe by limiting those big group events we can stop the spread of this bug. Sure hope so!

Lois.... I've even been tempted to wear latex gloves when I go shopping! This whole thing sure makes us all paranoid about touching anything! Did you find what you were looking for at HL?

Diane.... Probably not a bad idea to suspend QOV for a little while. We'd sure hate to risk those Vets getting sick.

Flo... Oh gosh, infection back again! Good thing you were able to get back to Dr. A lot of clinics around here aren't letting patients be seen unless it's something really really serious!

Judi.... This virus thing reminds me of all those old movies about the end of times... I noticed Netflix is now playing an old movie with Dustin Hoffman called "Outbreak" about a bad epidemic. And I agree, there are a lot of over-the-top scary news. I think we've lost our Common Sense.

Sherry... Did your grocery store have an TP left? I have a few rolls on hand, hoping it will last until my Amazon order arrives :lol: :lol: I might have to run to the gas station to go potty! :lol: :lol:

time for more coffee and get in gear. Think I'll head down to the sewing room, but need to run the hoover first. Since nobody has clorox wipes I decided to make my own this morning... Grabbed a fist full of 5" flannel squares I had.. put in container with water, a few drop of Dawn and a LOT of rubbing alcohol.... Now I feel better about wiping things down.... Even though it's probably not super effective.. it can't hurt right.

I've pretty much decided to postpone trip to Canada. Talked to Shawn last night and DIL Kris was going to talk to her Mom and see if she might want to reconsider. Waiting to hear what Viv decides! Then I'll go online and cancel reservation and save for another time.

better run... wishing you all a Fabulous Friday

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:31 am

Good afternoon we had major storms come through lil man and I did the buggy surveillance ride :lol: road is badly washed out to the house, barns and our back farm too. What a mess and DS is welding our grater blade so not sure how we gonna fix it. :shock: but we did enjoy going to see the 3 waterfalls in the creek. So pretty.

Well NM dept Ed shut down schools. I don’t even think they have anyone with virus diagnosed in their state. Odd but I am off for 3 weeks. They will add two weeks to end of calendar so now work til June 12. One of weeks off was spring break.

Guess I will start some outside work while off. If weather permits. Lol

Now I’m headed to sewing room. I saw this block on fb and I replicated it. It’s 28in block. Making two one foe wall hanging and then I enlarged blocks to make it 30 inches for table topper. The 30 in one was an oops measured some blocks wrong so just made more to finish it out. :lol: lol

Nothing else new here. Happy stitching all.
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”