Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 12 2020

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Thursday March 12 2020

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:34 am

Good afternoon all! Late getting here today. Just got back from grocery store run. Went to 3 different stores for the things I needed. Very rarely do that but figured I would do it all today so that I can stay in as much as possible. I did buy some toilet paper when I heard it was getting hoarded. Could not believe how empty the store were for it and water. I saw one man with 8 cases of water. Guess some people are starting to freak out.

Also went to my garbage company today to sign up for pickup by my porch. They have a program for people like me with a disabled parking pass that they will pick up your garbage roll around at your door instead of you having to take it to the end of your drive way. Since my driveway is almost a 100 feet long this is going to be a great thing for my arthritic knees. My driver is changing routes and he was worried about me getting my can out. He has always been so good about rolling it back for me. I also found out there is no charge for it, but if there had been I would pay it. My garbage company has always been good the 40 years I have lived here.

Well better get going. Haven't ate anything today or taken my medicine because wanted to get errands run. Couldn't believe how busy the stores were.

Hope everyone has a good day. So many things are being cancelled but I don't blame them. Also saw where Tom Hanks and his wife tested positive for the virus also some basketball players. So glad they are cancelling the games.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday March 12 2020

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:20 pm

hello my friends.

So glad tomorrow is Friday. I just love weekends.

Jerry has the man flu and may or may not survive. If he doesn't survive I will be turning the living room into a sewing room.

The neighbors are getting closer to moving in. They are putting siding on the house. They still need to put in the flooring and they want to remodel one bathroom. I think it may be the end of this month.

Quilt club has been canceled for Saturday. the Corona virus has lots of things closing. I will go pick up the extension table for my new machine. The trolley's that were supposed to come with the machine were a limited time thing and out of stock. So no trolley for me.

Lyn, hope your dad does well at the new dwelling. change often makes a person a little uneasy, I hope he finds it to be a nice change for him. ugh, a bobcat.

Kathy, it would be wonderful if that husband was able to help with the computer. Did you ever hook up with your sister? I remember you hadn't heard from her in a while.

Lori, Does Jack have epilepsy? what causes the seizures? poor baby, give him an ear fluff from me.

Lois, I find it odd that people are buying water. Doesn't water come out of the faucet? I don't get it.

Diane, I think Oreo's are a good hoard. Jerry reminded me we have spam if all goes south. I would think people would buy rice, beans and canned goods. but that's me.

Becca, I agree that common sense is lost. I also don't like DST. It's not 8pm yet and I am ready for bed.

Jana, which is your favorite ruler? you said it was showing use.

Maryq, Good to know elderly is 60. I've got 4 years to go. :lol:

Judi, Prayers for Ken. Hope he feels better soon.

Flo, isn't Joe a sweetie for taking you out of the house.

Cindy, how did Don do? give him a hug from me.

Maryq, It's not necessarily you spreading the virus on an airplane but others spreading it to you. You will be In a small airplane cabin sitting in very close seats and that air vent that people turn on is probably recirculated air. If someone in the back of the plane has the virus and sneezes, even into their elbow, the virus sits on their sleeve for hours. they walk off the plane by you and poof, you are sick. Please don't get on the plane. You can go another time when things are healthier. It's just not worth it. Besides, I like you and wouldn't want you to be sick.

Sherry, great idea about the garbage pick up plan. Especially in bad weather.

I talked to my dad today. He read that the virus can live for 2 days on cardboard and Amazon offers overnight delivery. I agree with you all. It's important to take precautions but people can go crazy.

You all have a great night and a super tomorrow.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”